Continue upgrading less used ships

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

SpaceToast

Continue upgrading less used ships

Post by SpaceToast » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:31 am

i noticed that after the falcon/avenger and ceo ship was upgraded i havent sen any other ships get upgraded and that was like 3-4 months ago i really want to see the Battleship upgraded to use less fuel and increase the damage of the special of it to make it more useabe against isc/seth/igs users. :idea:

Cheesy

Re: Continue upgrading less used ships

Post by Cheesy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:51 am

SpaceToast wrote:i noticed that after the falcon/avenger and ceo ship was upgraded i havent sen any other ships get upgraded and that was like 3-4 months ago i really want to see the Battleship upgraded to use less fuel and increase the damage of the special of it to make it more useabe against isc/seth/igs users. :idea:
the battleship is fine, its sposed to be the cheap alternative and to be the lowest of the fighting class of ships, its not supposed to be special, others like the freighter and marauder, they scream useless

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:00 am

SpaceToast wrote:i noticed that after the falcon/avenger and ceo ship was upgraded i havent sen any other ships get upgraded and that was like 3-4 months ago i really want to see the Battleship upgraded to use less fuel and increase the damage of the special of it to make it more useabe against isc/seth/igs users. :idea:
You have no idea how long it took for those changes to be made!!

Haldos

Post by Haldos » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:21 pm

Speedstar needs a speed boost so that it has the highest top speed. Acceleration can be kept low, but make it the fastest ship so it's actually useful as a scout.

toast

Post by toast » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:48 pm

i agree that speestar would be nice to have faster. Although, its main use would be on rebangs, and asteroids would make it a pain if it was very fast with poor accel and turning. It would depend on how it was changed i guess.

Tarvok

Post by Tarvok » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:14 pm

A scout needs to be fast? I would think the main benefit of a scout vessel is warp fuel efficiency.

Or is there a distinction between a scout (which may go into hostile areas) and an explorer (which needs to be able to keep going for a long time)?

duece

Post by duece » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:13 pm

Tarvok wrote:A scout needs to be fast? I would think the main benefit of a scout vessel is warp fuel efficiency.

Or is there a distinction between a scout (which may go into hostile areas) and an explorer (which needs to be able to keep going for a long time)?
When was the last time you were in an isc and decided to hop into a speedstar for the purpose of scouting? For a ship to be used at all it has to have a significant niche to give it an advantage over the general purpose ships. As it is now if you're scouting for planets with a speedstar and you land on a planet you've scanned, you'll probably be unable to outrun the defenses and die. The speedstar should be the fastest most maneuverable ship in addition to most fuel efficiency in order to make it feasible for scouting/light combat. But cargo capacity and shields still leave it ill-suited for invading and building so it stays balanced.

Cochise...

Post by Cochise... » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:14 pm

Cheesy wrote:
the battleship is fine, its sposed to be the cheap alternative and to be the lowest of the fighting class of ships, its not supposed to be special, others like the freighter and marauder, they scream useless
I could pod you in a merf....

Have you seen a Merf with 3 scs???

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:43 pm

smeags im sure you could pod me in a merf, a merc or even a marauder, if i was in a 0 sheild ship with no arties, besides a pod, ive eluded multiple ISCs, IGSs, and seths in a 0 sheild pod :roll:

any way, i figured that the marauder needs to be completely overhauled considering its the most useless ship in the game. i was thinking since its the scout marauder, that it should be built for spy and escape, or as a lookout, just what a scout is. so, i say keep the stats the way they are, and replace the reverse guns with inspace intangibility, the ability to fly straight through asteriods, planets and ports. this will give the ship some more value as far as use, cause hell, id use it for all my taxi missions at the begining of a rebang, the 2k sheilds keeps it balanced aswell, cause trying to fight with it is nearly suicide, also i think it should have the trait of the pod, that its sheilds are incapable of penetrating the atmosphere of an enemy col.

toast

Post by toast » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:16 am

Those, cheesy, are the most brilliant words i have seen you utter. Such a good idea. Perfect.

Toonces, implement that yesterday.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 am

ill make a new thread for it

SpaceToast

Post by SpaceToast » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:56 am

jeez cheesy it was just a idea to make the battleship more fun lol i havent seen a new upgrade in the past 3 months ive been gone i exspected to see atleast 1 lol.but i got nothing but asteroids and taxes on un colonys. :evil: