[IDEA] New NPCs

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

RockNation

[IDEA] New NPCs

Post by RockNation » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:52 pm

Ok so let's get straight to the point.

I saw that there were implemented new NPC ... just killed on p6 a NPC in an IGS ... .

Anyway I was thinking about creating new NPCs that will be harder to kill than the others and will have bigger ranks like:

Vice Amiral, Amiral, Infamous Pirate, Dread Pirate, Fleet Amiral, Emperor, Galactic Scourge and Dread Pirate.

And all of them to have IGS and be harder to kill.

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:01 pm

New npcs? what? I haven't seen any news ones, if you're talking about npcs in igs they've been around since first public release.

RockNation

Post by RockNation » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 pm

MuTAnT wrote:New npcs? what? I haven't seen any news ones, if you're talking about npcs in igs they've been around since first public release.
Read the God damn post before you you answer to it.

I said that I saw that was implemented an IGS NPC on p6, and that is really new thing, never saw one before on p6.

I've also said this:

Anyway I was thinking about creating new NPCs that will be harder to kill than the others and will have bigger ranks like:

Vice Amiral, Amiral, Infamous Pirate, Dread Pirate, Fleet Amiral, Emperor, Galactic Scourge and Dread Pirate.

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:48 pm

in theory I like it.

Rush_Covenant

interesting

Post by Rush_Covenant » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:28 pm

would have to find a way to make the npcs very good, but i think nothing higher than a vice admiral.

RockNation

Re: interesting

Post by RockNation » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:35 pm

Rush_Covenant wrote:would have to find a way to make the npcs very good, but i think nothing higher than a vice admiral.
That's ok as well.

Well they can be improved a little like this:

Instead of having 8 hardware slots, they would have about 10 (nukes/negs or both) and they'll also have increased speed, like a player with 10dex and 3 suits. Or it'll have SE or SC ... . Either way ... they would be hard to get.

Well also they could be limited like 5 max 10 in total.

And, now it just came through my mind this idea. Once a day to spawn a NPC of the top ranks.

Anyway even so noobs can't kill a Dark Overlord except if there is a vet with new account.

BLADE2

Post by BLADE2 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:17 pm

RockNation wrote:
MuTAnT wrote:New npcs? what? I haven't seen any news ones, if you're talking about npcs in igs they've been around since first public release.
Read the God damn post before you you answer to it.

I said that I saw that was implemented an IGS NPC on p6, and that is really new thing, never saw one before on p6.

I've also said this:

I like the idea of having NPCs that have better A.I. that are harder to kill. But as MuTAnT said, NPCs in an IGS isn't new, and that includes P6, it may be a first for you, but it's not new at all. The first day P6 banged, I killed a bunch of them, I remember commenting to Catfish how odd it was that there were so many.