Global friends list

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

You think A global freinds list would be considerable?

Yes.
88%
No.
12%

Total votes: 95

Mel'Kaven

Global friends list

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:20 am

Hello Fellow Starport Players, I have an idea that has been making me feel like crap for weeks now that I haven't posted it, lol. This is it.

Well For ages now the problem has always occurred to me; Your looking for a player that is your "friend" and litterly have to search server to server asking people," Has So and so Been here recently?" It happens to everyone.
I'm proposing that there is a global "friends list" that you are able to see while in the server list, the simply says where people that are your "friends" if they are offline it will simply say offline, and the location.

To add someone to freinds just make it a option in trade.

You know I'm talking about a simple scroll<up and down if required> list to display freinds probably on the left of the servers.

So, Who is with me?
Last edited by Mel'Kaven on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Armor

Post by Armor » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:32 am

Though... shouldn't it tell you which server each friend is on, if they are on?

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:35 am

Armor wrote:Though... shouldn't it tell you which server each friend is on, if they are on?

-_- read the first paragraph lol

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:52 am

I am too drunk to read that.

Say it out loud for me.

Meliza

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:06 am

nice idea

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Armor wrote:Though... shouldn't it tell you which server each friend is on, if they are on?
lol you stepped in it this time :P
btw i had no idea you had a forum account lol

Catfish

Re: Global freinds list

Post by Catfish » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:21 am

/bump :)

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:07 pm

MSN.

Back int'ol days we used to walk uphill (back and forth) to the starport server to manually deliver our packages.

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:17 am

Problem with msn is, i either have to alt tab and d/c everytime if im playing fullscreen, or not be able to see anything i type if i play windowed.

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Sat May 02, 2009 11:43 am

how about having it that when you get to the page with the list of servers theres a drop down menu of who's on that server. you click on the server once and you see who's on it at the moment. double click to enter said server. i know nothing about programing so dont know if its possible but it sounds good in my head.

|Stealth|

Post by |Stealth| » Sun May 03, 2009 1:22 am

This is a good idea.. it could be like how runescape runs theirs it says "(Their name) (Server)" When i use to play it a long time ago..

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Post by 0zzy » Tue May 26, 2009 11:47 am

i love this idea :D

Centaur/Choccy

Post by Centaur/Choccy » Sun May 31, 2009 1:45 pm

Like the idea, but I think it could be tricky to implement. Maybe if we had a dedicated server to a global, all servers chat channel.
We'd probably have to have a moderator or two for it, to avoid misuse and spam and such.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:18 pm

I think the "I's" have it. Toonces, care to reply with feasibility?

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:21 pm

The thing I love about this, is that it taps into a huge part of starport which has evolved with no real help from the game dynamics themselves but is probably SGE's greatest strength.

That is the sense of community and playing among a group of friends.

A universal chat server would be great! Friends would be great! Account mail (rather than mailing a guy on 10 different servers) would be fantastic!

But I'd like to stress that players should still be able to remain anonymous on any server they chose. That is an important aspect of SGE as well.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:01 pm

grrrrrrrrrrrrreat! idea.. votes 29-0
time to implement toonces :P

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:39 pm

Not that this really needs to be bumped, but let's keep this topic at the front. Needs attention :)

MelKaven

Post by MelKaven » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:12 am

zomg who voted no? :O :shock:

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:22 pm

MelKaven wrote:zomg who voted no? :O :shock:
Apparently Toonces and Caffcoder. Comon guys, reply!

toast

Post by toast » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:51 am

actually i have one problem with it.

sometimes people play using different names so that no one knows who they are. For the most part, it doesnt matter if close friends no who you are, but perhaps this new "server" (or whatever it would be) should say where the friend is, but not who they are?

or perhaps we should be allowed to say that on certain servers we appear offline?

TBH im not sure how important this is, i dont really know how serious people take the whole anonymity thing. As far as i was concerned, i didnt want enemies knowing who i was on rebangs, but for the most part they wouldnt be likely to be on the "friends" list anyways.

Just throwing this out there for whatever its worth i guess.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:57 am

Hey Mel!

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:43 pm

yeah this would be great, an msn in-game :P

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:02 pm

toast wrote:actually i have one problem with it.

sometimes people play using different names so that no one knows who they are. For the most part, it doesnt matter if close friends no who you are, but perhaps this new "server" (or whatever it would be) should say where the friend is, but not who they are?

or perhaps we should be allowed to say that on certain servers we appear offline?

TBH im not sure how important this is, i dont really know how serious people take the whole anonymity thing. As far as i was concerned, i didnt want enemies knowing who i was on rebangs, but for the most part they wouldnt be likely to be on the "friends" list anyways.

good thought

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:23 pm

CrazyChef wrote:
toast wrote:actually i have one problem with it.

good thought
Well, just have an option when you are logging in to be able to appear offline on the friends list, like with msn, so that you dont have to be discovered if you are trying to keep your identity a secret

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:26 pm

TheRealAnony wrote:
Hey Mel!
omg hey Mel 1 & 2!!! :roll:

porky55

Post by porky55 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:52 am

how about a subspace comunicai like a shout but to all servers but say u have to buy every subspace shout 1token per subspace shout sounds resonable and it keeps toonces happy cos he gets paid and on the computer menu is where ur friends list should be and u can just trade pp friend status on each server but u have to go to that server to trade them then they show up in computer---->----> friends

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Don't think I won't bump this again.

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:36 am

Barefoot wrote:Don't think I won't bump this again.
your bluffing!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:46 am

Monstaz wrote:
Toonces wrote:aighttttt guys that will be up tomz no worries dog aight peace bro
O.o
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Draze

Post by Draze » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:35 pm

Simple solution... Have your friends and yourself get Xfire or vent or w/e you choose to use XD

I love crushing Ideas :twisted: