cleanup droid

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

buggy

cleanup droid

Post by buggy » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:45 pm

i was thinking just now while i was reading old posts and i came up with something, a cleaning droid!

thered be a bulding you can buld after ref 3 that looks like a docking port with droids flying to and from it when in the colo screen,

and when your on the planet surface you can see small droids(one two or three depending on the bulding lvl)you can't damage them but you can bump into them

i know youl say this will make tons of lag but
if theres no online players on the planet or anyone not in the colo screen the droids arnt there

if some one invades them they quickly run back to the colo(you can't see them run there just not there when they land)

the clean rate is 1% a day for lvl one 2 for two 3 for three,they look like lasers or flacks without the gun on the top and slightly glow in the center,

they move somewhat slow but not to slow prehaps about 4kps and they

can be turnd on and off so when off its just the bulding in the colo that slows pollution.
Last edited by buggy on Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:13 am

idea sounds ok, but dont undestand it ( with all the () ) .. ( if you know what i mean)
(cc)

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Paragraphs.

Im not reading that garbage.

Meliza

buggy

Post by buggy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:14 pm

sorry im very bad at typeing so il just put it out plan and simple:a bulding that cleans poll by 1 2 or 3% each day depending on the lvl and it has little droids that fly around like spaceships on the planet and you can bump into them but not kill them.edit:i fixd the first post read it now.

toast

Post by toast » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:23 pm

i dont not like it ( ;) ) but i think that it needs some work.

first off they clean too much per day.

second the little droids serve no point at all.

cheeser

Post by cheeser » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:34 pm

Hmmm I agree with CrazyChef I can't understand you...

Oh and Meliza...your a lazy illegitimate child for not reading that

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:01 pm

droids are pointless, basically you want a building that woll clean 1% pollution per day at level 1, 2% at level 2, and 3% at level 3.

my opinion is that there needs to be a supply of lets say spice that is used by the cleaners, like 250 an hour at level one, 50 level 2, and 75 at level 3, but you can set a level 3 to anything between 0 to 3 percent (so when your outta spice you can lower it to a better setting.

basically makein it use resources would make it a bit more balanced

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Machines dont run on spice!

Meliza

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:09 am

lol, cleaning spices idk. *picks up spice and reads instructions* "throw into space for fuel, add water for an easy scrubbing tool"

buggy

Post by buggy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:37 am

the droids are just there for looks but the spice thing sounds good

Smeagol...

Post by Smeagol... » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:40 am

I kinda like this idea....

but the droids you can run into are completely unneeded.....

Faterall

Post by Faterall » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:17 pm

the idea is quite good, and cause it cost resources (spice) it has to be balanced. The building has to be the most expensive, cause cleaning = cost money + time, so damn much resources to build it + expensive. So it really helping you after some weeks, cause you got "back" what you spend in.

The droids thing is just to make this game more interesting, and it isnt a bad idea, it sounds funny and maybe the droids doesnt move, cause of lag issues.

Hope others will bring some thoughts into this topic.

later Fater

Paneak

Post by Paneak » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Doesn't anything that clean pollution automatically defeat the purpose of pollution...that is elmination of stagnant cols?

toast

Post by toast » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:00 pm

yeah. i think we like the idea as players but have to understand that it could never happen.

As bad as pollution it (or something like it) is necessary.

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:45 pm

paneak id say up to 3% a day wouldnt do too much to help the high pollution planets anyway. it just gives you a little longer to actually go there and clean it proper. however, this doesnt seem like its gonna work on the planets that only go up about 3% a day. mebbe if it cleans different amounts for different planet types?
zim

Paneak

Post by Paneak » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 pm

invaderzim wrote:paneak id say up to 3% a day wouldnt do too much to help the high pollution planets anyway. it just gives you a little longer to actually go there and clean it proper. however, this doesnt seem like its gonna work on the planets that only go up about 3% a day. mebbe if it cleans different amounts for different planet types?
zim
I have cols that produce less than 1% day...these cols would never be affected by pollution, and could only change hands by being invaded. Anything that cleans pollution simply defeats the purpose it serves, maybe instead of cleaning it...it lessens daily buildup?

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:43 pm

Paneak wrote:
invaderzim wrote:paneak id say up to 3% a day wouldnt do too much to help the high pollution planets anyway. it just gives you a little longer to actually go there and clean it proper. however, this doesnt seem like its gonna work on the planets that only go up about 3% a day. mebbe if it cleans different amounts for different planet types?
zim
I have cols that produce less than 1% day...these cols would never be affected by pollution, and could only change hands by being invaded. Anything that cleans pollution simply defeats the purpose it serves, maybe instead of cleaning it...it lessens daily buildup?
good point, make it so it simply takes away a percentage of the pullotion being built up like level 1 takes away 20% lvl 2 takes 40% and lvl 3 takes away up 2 60% depending on how u have it set. so if its making 1% pollution per day and u have a lvl 3 set at full strenghth, your then making .4% per day, and lets say your making 20% per day, lvl 3 full power would make it 8% per day ( i think, i just woke up from a nap) plus youd be burning lets say 20 spice for a lvl 1, 40 for lvl 2 and 0-60 for lvl 3

Paneak

Post by Paneak » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Cheesy wrote:good point, make it so it simply takes away a percentage of the pullotion being built up like level 1 takes away 20% lvl 2 takes 40% and lvl 3 takes away up 2 60% depending on how u have it set. so if its making 1% pollution per day and u have a lvl 3 set at full strenghth, your then making .4% per day, and lets say your making 20% per day, lvl 3 full power would make it 8% per day ( i think, i just woke up from a nap) plus youd be burning lets say 20 spice for a lvl 1, 40 for lvl 2 and 0-60 for lvl 3

Now we are getting somewhere!

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:02 am

this is what environmental research is for

duece

Post by duece » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:58 am

Toonces wrote:this is what environmental research is for
You know, in the year or so since that was put in, I've never used it except maybe once or twice to test it out. In fact this is true for every person I've ever asked (same with entertainment), it's almost never worth the trade off and in the rare event that you have a colony that gets the right discoveries that it can spare the workforce for it, you usually will have other planets in the system that won't so you still have to go through and clean anyway. I've been meaning to start a thread about this for a while, but entertainment and environment have sort of proven to be worthless.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:13 am

i dont think i have ever used environmental research at all....