Corp/Contractor cols

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Budman

Corp/Contractor cols

Post by Budman » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:24 am

you should be able to tell corp cols from contractor cols in the starmap

it just reads somthin like 4 corprate colonies and you might not have any there at all

just an idea

Mr.Boombastic

Post by Mr.Boombastic » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:42 am

Agreed. Perhaps something like this:

Personal Colonies: 2

Corporate Colonies: 3

Contracted Colonies: 1

Budman

Post by Budman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:09 pm

so noone else thinks this is a good idea?

petertje

Post by petertje » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:18 pm

Good idea. Should be implented.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:19 pm

This was a conversation I had with toonces (January 16)
Jwilson6 wrote:
Alright I'm not sure if uve seen the many posts about this but rather than reposting in the research lab I figured id mail it to you instead its sort of a 3 part idea (posted in order of importance)

the thing is right now there is currently no way of finding a contractor's colony, so they should be colored like personal and corp colonies are already, this would allow people to find contractor's colonies

also in the galaxy map right now contracto'rs colony's show up as corporate colonies, this can get very confusing as when people have many colonies they don't go to the holdings list and look for their colonies they go to the galaxy map and I have went up to ten hops to a colony that I found out wasn't even mine... so there should be a new category titled contractors colonies

and thirdly when u land on a contractor's colonies you have no idea who owns that colony, on occasion someone might be contracted to several people while one may just be because of a friendship, one might be to clean pollution, and the other might be to supply resources... since we can't tell who's colony they belong to it would be impossible for that person to tell which colonies he should do what on... so my suggestion is that when you get to the colony and you go into the dome, instead of saying "taking you directly to your biodome" or something like that it.. it would say "taking you directly to (owner of colony) biodome" this would be very helpful

all of these ideas are really needed and they have been posted several times with complete agreement by the community
Toonces wrote:
Jwilson6 wrote:
Toonces wrote: Do you mean on the Galaxy Map's upper-left, where the solar system view of the system is for known systems? Or are you referring to in the main game view of your ship?

.... umm I think its called the radar view, in the bottom right hand corner of the screen at all times, What i mean is like how in the radar view your personal colony will be yellow and a corporate colony will be light blue

if you decide to do this you should give some consideration as to the correct colors to use, righ now there are a few colors overlapping like the corporate and contractor ship colors and the nuke colors are the same which can get confusing sometimes, a personal colony looks the same as another ship... things like that should be considered to avoid confusion, I would go with like a purple color either significantly lighter or darker than starports
Toonces wrote: So, you think that contractor colonies should NOT appear as corporate colonies in the Galaxy Map?
yes exactly there should be another section for contractor colonies
Toonces wrote: Ok, we can probably do this

ty for taking the time to read this

Thanks, i appreciate the quality suggestions.
The last suggestion has been implemented (A few months ago I think), the other two haven't been done yet.)

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:09 pm

yeh it should

EDIT - actually my suggestion was already said XD

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:24 pm

sounds like its in the works.

although its been awhile.

this has been suggested a lot and for good reason. its a great idea.

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:04 am

Great idea. I've gone 15+ hops in the past only find out it's a contracted colony and I can't get nukes or smash resources.

Budman

Post by Budman » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:55 pm

BUMP

Toonces are you paying attention?.....the ppl want this ..badly it appears

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:45 am

This would be a nifty little thing to add.
I like it.
I give it
8) 8) 8) 8)
4 cool stars

breakdown

Post by breakdown » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Yeah, this is long overdue. Like since the first day contractors came out overdue. :?

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:29 am

lets /spammail toonces with this.

godman

Post by godman » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:17 am

My own views... I Think if you are contracted to a corp, then the CEO of the corp you are contracted to should be able to set colonies where you can get nukes/weapons out of. cause sometimes in a fight/invasion it is such a pain in the donkey to try and trade nukes from person a to b and possibly c or however many people you have...
Tell me what you think..

Grimoire

Post by Grimoire » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:48 am

godman wrote:My own views... I Think if you are contracted to a corp, then the CEO of the corp you are contracted to should be able to set colonies where you can get nukes/weapons out of. cause sometimes in a fight/invasion it is such a pain in the giraffe to try and trade nukes from person a to b and possibly c or however many people you have...
Tell me what you think..
I agree with this. If you cap a col you can access all the buildings if your contracted no. WTF are the colonists not allowing you to go over to the weps fact?

Perhaps if there was a button the ceo could push in the biodome (open/closed) that would allow contractors full acess to the col settings, sometimes its nice when your getting invaded 23 hops away but your buddy is over there and he could go rd your col for you and bump the solar up.

Godman FTW!!!

godman

Post by godman » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:32 am

Glad you agree with me Grim..

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:39 pm

makes sense...

Budman

Post by Budman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:05 pm

Grimoire wrote:
godman wrote:My own views... I Think if you are contracted to a corp, then the CEO of the corp you are contracted to should be able to set colonies where you can get nukes/weapons out of. cause sometimes in a fight/invasion it is such a pain in the giraffe to try and trade nukes from person a to b and possibly c or however many people you have...
Tell me what you think..
I agree with this. If you cap a col you can access all the buildings if your contracted no. WTF are the colonists not allowing you to go over to the weps fact?

Perhaps if there was a button the ceo could push in the biodome (open/closed) that would allow contractors full acess to the col settings, sometimes its nice when your getting invaded 23 hops away but your buddy is over there and he could go rd your col for you and bump the solar up.

Godman FTW!!!
or how about a password that would allow contractors access to the wep fac

when you click it it prompts you for a password which the ceo of the corp who owns the col has set

the reason being they some ppl are trusted more that others

Elemayo

Post by Elemayo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:09 pm

This would also be useful for Barging, which, I believe was the most common contractor job before the implementation of contractors, right?

godman

Post by godman » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:12 am

yeah that and help on invasions or wars...

Nomad

Post by Nomad » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:49 pm

havn't made a post in a long time - figured if i was going to, i'd toot my own horn here a little with my idea from quite some time ago - still don't understand why this hasn't been put into the game....

follow this link to see how to solve this contractor in mini/galaxy map issue
viewtopic.php?t=10518

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:58 am

I hate contractors full stop. I give them out rarely to friends or people deemed worthy of my respect. If you've not corped with (and i've been everywhere), don't expect a contract with me, unles i'm drunk.

Me and jwil argued against the contractor thing, oww the people that wouldn't listen :(.