More options at pirate base.

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Should there be nore options at pirate base?

Yes, you should be able to put a hit contract on good players.
44%
Yes, you should be able to change your name.
No votes
Yes to both of the above.
23%
No! Now shut your face!
7%
I like movies about gladiators.
26%

Total votes: 43

Weeder

More options at pirate base.

Post by Weeder » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:00 pm

Was just thinking maybe there should be more options at the pirate port for evil players. Maybe the ability to put bounties/contracts out on good players. Something like the police station but reverse. Also maybe the ability to change your name. Anyone up for discussion?

JRE

Post by JRE » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:03 pm

i agree with having both of them, would work quite well for us "bad" guys :twisted:

Drifter101

Re: More options at pirate base.

Post by Drifter101 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:31 pm

Weeder wrote:the ability to put bounties/contracts out on good players. Something like the police station but reverse
Sounds like a fun idea, maybe have it though so that good players with bounties who get shot down dont lose extra xp the way red players with bounties do.

Koji-Kabuto

Post by Koji-Kabuto » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:13 pm

There shouldn't be a police hq on the pirate base, it's kinda stupid.

Weeder

Post by Weeder » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:36 pm

Yeah that's kinda my point.... make it like Mafia H.Q. or something... or "The Underground" as it was in the old Tradewars game...

Dergin

Post by Dergin » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:04 am

That's an awesome idea.

<_<

>_>

Yeah....

K.

Weeder

Post by Weeder » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:19 pm

Thanks for your input dergin.... everyone is now even more stupid having read your post... congrats.

DeathBox99

Post by DeathBox99 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:41 am

i like the idea but the name change is knida weird why wouldnt we do that at a regular starbase?

Garygolf

Post by Garygolf » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:28 pm

how about "Blackmarket"?

Zanfib

Post by Zanfib » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:59 am

What about an assassin’s guild, where you can hire npc assassins that will try to find and destroy the player you select?

Of course there would have to be some rules to this, such as:

1. The assassin spawns at the pirate base and has to travel to the system that the target is in normally.

2. The assassin (being a professional) always knows where the target is and will adjust his course to compensate.

3. The assassin will not enter UN space and must lurk outside waiting for his target.

4. The assassin will not land on a planet.

5. You may not hire more then one assassin at a time, however there may be many assassin in pursuit of a single target.

6. Payment is upfront, if the assassin is destroyed enrout you will not be reimbursed.

7. You may choose the ship and primary weapon of the assassin you send but an assassin with a better ship and weapon will cost more then one with poor equipment.

You know, just common sense. The only problem I foresee is programming it, which may prove impossible.

Silurian

Post by Silurian » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:12 pm

I like Zan's idea cept one thing....the money should be half up front half for the kill...thats how it really goes :P

omiddo

Post by omiddo » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:22 pm

then ya would get massive shiet. like evrybiody send out tho the nm 1 and that guy has 200 npcs after his tail -.- that sucks. or even a whole corp could send out for 1 person like 5 seth after ya all whit nukes and gravs 1 emps ya and the others rape ya this would make the game less fun i guess

Zanfib

Post by Zanfib » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:53 pm

omiddo wrote:then ya would get massive shiet. like evrybiody send out tho the nm 1 and that guy has 200 npcs after his tail -.- that sucks.
That’s a good point, so I'll add some new rules:

8. The assassin will charge more to go after a target with higher experience.

9. You will not receive experience or money or anything from a sucsessfull assassination.
omiddo wrote:or even a whole corp could send out for 1 person like 5 seth after ya all whit nukes and gravs 1 emps ya and the others rape ya this would make the game less fun i guess
The way I was thinking, that would cost like five million plus. Is anyone really that hated? :P

omiddo

Post by omiddo » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:56 pm

yeah if i can pay 2mil for 1 npcs and i could send unli i would have a whole armi after a guy. i have so mutch oney atm that i would takea other guy from top 10 each day and let hem be raped by seths just for the fun!

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:06 am

Omiddo is right, it's easy to get 20 mil on a rebang server now, if you give all your corp members a bit of it and tax all your colony's you could easily take out number 1 by hunting him with 5 seths.Other then seths pwning you with emp, I don't think there should be a limit on NPC's, if everyone can only send 1 assassin and if asassines from different corps attack eachother (when they attack the target in the same system ONLY of course), it should be fair.

RELEASE YOUR DARKNESS

Nightmare

dumdum31

PPL sending NPCS After themselves

Post by dumdum31 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:46 am

People might use this assasin thing to send NPCs After themselves. Or pay someone to send Npcs at them for exp and or rep. Easy Exp/ Rep without warping once

Payness

dsgf

Post by Payness » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:50 pm

na thats too easy :roll: