Old Ideas Making a Come Back...

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Merlin

Old Ideas Making a Come Back...

Post by Merlin » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:19 am

My other ideas…posted a long long time ago…

1) A fourth artefact slot that would be interchangeable depending on what you were doing… You would still have three primaries…but…for example, let’s say you had three superconductors…and a map in your fourth slot…you would just replace one superconductor with your map when traveling long distances…

2) You need to be able to see the planet weights in holdings so you don’t have to travel long distances in order to check defences…some indicator that tells you what degree of defence your planet has…

3) A new weapon…possibly for a ship like the flower…make the building ship more formidable…instead of that multicoloured confetti…give the flower some sort of energy pulse weapon that discharges 360 degrees and actually does real damage…lets say…to within 3-4 positions from the ship…something crazy like 8k damage within 1 position (someone next to or on top of you), 6k damage within 2 positions, 4k within 3 positions…and 2k within 4…give them a fighting chance to transport their resources…

Had a few others but don’t remember them…for now…

Peace,

Merlin

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:37 pm

I dont agree with one and I am all for the flower power having more defences as its a slow ship.
number two I am in a very split decision about. I probably visit each colony at the very least once every two days so I personally check on the aliens growth and the defences in place. I like having it a game of being hard on the builder (although still dont like the research patches....come on who in there right mind would research spice mining lvl 5 and not have any means of getting rid of it in bulk?) on the defensive side of it. I think maybe if the defences have ben hit heavily you will get a note in your personal news they are dangerously low or something.

nukahn

Post by nukahn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:57 pm

Number one is a no-go in my book.
Number two... how do you propose you get the information? Your planet isn't equipped with any sort of scanners, or perhaps that should be a new construction/research, *Surface scanners* which would not only allow you to do a "Surface scan* when viewing the planet via your holdings, but also report to you what kind of ship the enemy is using when they invade your col. Surface scanners would of course be expensive if a construction, or rare if a research.
Number 3, I wholeheartedly agree with. The flower power ship is slow as heck, hard on fuel, it should at least be highly shielded. This is a ship that can carry more resources than any other ship, so you would think that ship would be well protected.

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:34 am

lol may be they keep coming back cuz it was ignored or forgotten by the admins and it should be implemented not sure about this tho :roll: