[IDEA] Emp Cannon

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:16 am

er you got 5 dex (minus suit) your corp have small dex amounts...you got 8k followers....somehow I think it will be a waste of my time.

ibanix

Post by ibanix » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:52 pm

nukhan, it appears any attempt to make a suggest for the game, if you haven't played for a YEAR or more, will just get you attacked as a 'n00b'.

It's really kind of sad, since I rather like the game. It's a shame the vets have an eliteism complex.

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:37 pm

that is not the case at all. Well not in my and those who are associated with me. When I started and played several months my head was buzzing with ideas which at the time seemed brilliant...it would make the sge awesome!! and if implemented yeh they would have been fun but after awhile they would have sucked being in the game. It does take some time to get use to 'the old school tie ' attitudes and a lot more abuse when you enjoy the new patches (except research patch) . I think what the SGE requires is a stable and gradual development...an evolution of steadiness. emp cannons I really dislike for the reasons I have mentioned before. In theory like many ideas it is good but put in practise it wouldnt be much fun. I do think perhaps we can seem a bit aggressive when saying our negative opinion on an idea but this isnt necessarily an attack on the author more of an expression to be seen by those who program the game on how much of a 'no go area' that particular thing is.
A problem we had before was the 'artifact patch' now that had a lot of people scared....you got an empire you need to maintain and protect...WOH! some guy sais hey this will be great!' more time spent on something as mundane as artifact hunting was a bleak prospect ... apparently this came very close to being made hence why there is an increased hostility to ideas tht we believe would not work.

On challenges : do them only if you got something to put on the table individually (or if its a corp thing your corp).

signed :
Severus McGrod
Chief intelligence officer.

hellshero

Re: [IDEA] Emp Cannon

Post by hellshero » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:30 pm

nukahn wrote:Name: Emp Cannon
What it does: Fires a low-strength EMP pulse at an enemy. Though not strong enough to knock out systems causing a drift, it slows the enemy ship down for a few seconds.
The EMP Cannon would do about half the damage of a flak cannon, possibly less. It would have identical range to a laser cannon, however the shots would not bounce. When hit with an emp shot, a ship's movement speed would be reduced by a percentage, possibly 25%, for three seconds. Additional hits reset this counter, rather than stacking the effect.

Cost: 30,000 credits per. Cheaper than a flak cannon, best used in combination with other defenses, to slow an enemy down and set them up for something big.

The emp shot could be visually similar to the Seth special weapon, and the turret itself could be a white/yellow recolored flak cannon.

ok,this was my idea way before you,cause i neve reven knew there was a forum

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:42 pm

This thread just wont die :shock:

hellshero

Post by hellshero » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:17 pm

dirt wrote:you called 3 people dicks and idiots already. And all your doing is digging a hole. Just give it up. You just joined and already your flaming and spamming cuz we don't like your idea. im gonna start calling you the new Talak.winstar.

I gave you my opinion. :roll:
settle down you to..or i shall turn this thing around and wack yer backsides

Jain

Post by Jain » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Wow you lot give him so credit for thinking this up...not like you lot think off ideas...The emp cannon should have a limit...say 4 to a planet...or it can be replaced with a solar you choose...but damage is a NO It should work like intria disruptors...

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:32 am

/slap Jain

BLADE2

Post by BLADE2 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:55 pm

/slap nukahn

D

Post by D » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:00 pm

/slap Daymare

D

Post by D » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Daymare has read through your 5 pages of intellectual flaming! luv it, buuut i personally think the idea would make some slides unfathomably difficult! aswell as running domes in more dangerous fashions. sometimes i barely have enough speed as it is to get to the dome before 30 lasers smack into me. if i lost 25% id x-plode before i hit the dome. for straight slides with a good land i cant see many difficulties, but if it has a couple turns or more it could be very lethal on rings aswell. so i thuroughly despise your idea! no hard feelings!

it only takes 3 seconds for a 10 shot in da face and 100 lasers to blow you to little daymarian bits. :roll:

Jain

Post by Jain » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:19 pm

/Slap Assholes

once

Re: [IDEA] Emp Cannon

Post by once » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:38 am

hellshero wrote:
ok,this was my idea way before you,cause i neve reven knew there was a forum
Actually this idea has been around since 2004 and there is a reason it still hasn't gotten any dev response.