{Won't connect to server after Patch}

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Luna

{Won't connect to server after Patch}

Post by Luna » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:56 am

I downloaded the newest patch and now the screen that says "connecting to server" on the log in screen just sits. I've let it sit for 20 min and it's still connecting to server. I tried exiting to desktop and still same results. I've uninstalled/installed twice now and I can't seem to log in. I've even tried erasing my username/password and typing it again.

Any suggestions?

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Re: {Won't connect to server after Patch}

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:28 am

Uninstall starport, restart the computer. Do a search of the hard drive in the search box in the start menu. search for "starport". After the list of files come up delete all of them, they contain info from the previous game you uninstalled. When you uninstall it does not take everything out.

Restart computer again, download starport from toonces starport website and reinstall, this always works for me. If anything is left starport related on the c: drive then it won't clean install and messes things up.

One more thing before I forget, go into windows firewall and make sure starport is on the list of programs that can bypass the firewall, if it's not then problems can happen as well. After the reinstall it usually pops up the first time you run starport and you just let the firewall make a exception for starport.

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I've done all those, with the exception of restarting my computer. I'll give that a try and see what happens. Normally the steps you described cure this issue, but this time it hasn't, assuming a restart will change the outcome.

Wish me luck....my pollution is climbing as we speak...lol

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:35 am

I had a issue a few weeks back, I installed SGE and it would not start...it would patch then look like it was gonna load but then it would crash and not even let a error report to go thru to Microsoft. Drove me nuts until I figured out the problem, turns out the problem was my resolution was set to 1920x1028p HD. I changed it to a custom resolution of 1920x1080 and I have had no problems since. I think SGE will not run under full HD. Never had such a silly problem but hey anything can happen.

Doubt this had anything to do with your problem but its worth a chnace, maybe it will work. You have to access the resolution via the Nvidia video utility or the ATI/AMD video utility.

Very important that when you uninstall and remove all the SGE file folders that are left then you have to restart the computer a few times just to be sure after anything has been changed., always worked for me. Keep us posted or try to PM Toonce.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:42 am

are you still having trouble, luna?

Luna

Post by Luna » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:34 am

I got it to work after 4 tries. Turns out the "fix" was just doing a restart after I uninstalled/reinstalled. Not sure if that was the reason it worked on try 4, but that was the ony step I didn't try prior. Only downside was two colonies had a disaster while I tried to get it to work. I gave up one night and got it to work the next day.