New Laptop, graphics/display problem? help?

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

benfurious1987

New Laptop, graphics/display problem? help?

Post by benfurious1987 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:15 am

I don't know how to explain this other than to just post a screenie. I just got a new laptop and downloaded the game. logged into my account, all normal. went to my main server to invade and saw this upon landing on one of my colonies. my ship is also only half visible in space while flying around. I have no idea what's causing this. Any suggestions? thanks!
Benfurious

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a58 ... nIssue.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a58 ... pSpace.jpg

Luna

Re: New Laptop, graphics/display problem? help?

Post by Luna » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:48 pm

I have absolutely no idea, but this is the first time I've seen this particular issue. Good luck, and hopefully Toonces can tell you how to fix it.

benfurious1987

Post by benfurious1987 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:30 pm

Thanks Luna. I discovered that this is only happening when the program is running in fullscreen. If i'm running in windowed the program appears as normal. Maybe this info will be helpful to someone out there who knows more about computers than me. thanks!

Lookingglass

Post by Lookingglass » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:07 pm

This happens in some graphics cards Ive seen it before but I can not recall any fixes for it

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:52 am

Is it an ATI/Radeon video chipset? If so this is a common problem and Toonce should know how to fix it. It was on the forms, try searching them and see if any of the fixes help.

We used to get red outlines on the lasers and ships if you were not at the default zoom angle. Also try boosting the video memory being used and maybe add some more RAM. If the video card does not have enough built in memory it will take some from the RAM on the motherboard. Sounds like the case running full screen, also update the video drivers...this also may help.