the d/c'ness!

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

the d/c'ness!

Post by Saber-Fury » Sat May 12, 2012 12:42 am

Figured this warranted an actual thread.. Hopefully toonces is looking into it and it seems that we get a couple patches every day to try and sort it out. Just to state what's happening is d/c on colonies, usually when exposed to lots of solar/lasers/cmines. You used to be booted and lose 100 fuel; now you are either booted and lose no fuel, or you are sol'd and lose several hundred. The latter occurs about 5% of the lands, which is still quite often. The general theory is that toonces tried to make a patch that kicks you if you have a lag spike (like if you were glitching or using a hack), but that the sensors for it are too sensitive and it kicks you when the tiniest bit of lag hits you, like a wall of lasers, solar fire, or cmine busting.

Pretty much everyone knows this by now but I thought it'd be nice if there was a place where toonces could post updates on this bug.

In other news, solars are now aimed at warp when you land, which is fine, but in the milisecond from when you hit the col on the outside and appear on the surface, the solar is already firing so for most @ warp cols, and even normal rings, the solar is literally already hitting your ship the instant you appear in the LZ.

One time as I d/c some random text popped up so I screenied it, I also found myself in a wall, maybe this will help toonces sort it out:

omlow

Re: the d/c'ness!

Post by omlow » Sat May 12, 2012 1:13 am

perhaps email this thread to support@starportgame.com

S1lver

Post by S1lver » Sat May 12, 2012 4:32 am

well ive dced died 6 times now all with igships and 1 was on the new server with were i got like a 3rd of what my stuff was worth. so the count is 12k tokens and 3k warp good work toonces keep it up make it so no1 can invade for a month.

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu May 17, 2012 4:21 am

I'm going to put this in the Engineering section. It wouldn't hurt to drop a PM to Toonces.

fredfredburger

Post by fredfredburger » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:00 am

cool storyness bro!