Won't update

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

gothicorpunk

Won't update

Post by gothicorpunk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:25 pm

Again something wrong with the new shiity patcher........ My game won't update i can open it but when i go to join a server it says its not up to date and to restart. Awesome

gothicorpunk

Re: Won't update

Post by gothicorpunk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:01 pm

Ok fixed by redownloading but toonces every single time a patch comes out theres a new problem with it and i and everyone else has to redownload......... FIX YOUR PATCHER.. If people don't have to do so much to play the dam game maybe your'll have players becuase i so love having to spend 30mins redownloading after every patch.-.-

godman

Post by godman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:05 am

same problem with me, using win 7 64bit 7gb ram 1tb hd

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:12 am

godman wrote:same problem with me, using win 7 64bit 7gb ram 1tb hd
UGH I ENVY YOU!!!

But that has seriously nothing to do with Toonce's fail patcher.

godman

Post by godman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:17 pm

lol i thought maybe it was win 7 or 64bit windows, thats why i posted specs lol. Toonces shed some light on this?

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:14 pm

well apparently they have more problems than me. I've had to redownload maybe 3 times ever in years of playing?

That said, I had this problem too, and was completely unable to fix it except by redownloading. I tried like 3 times just by reopening, then the 4th time it told me that starport was installed incorrectly, and to reinstall

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:14 pm

well apparently they have more problems than me. I've had to redownload maybe 3 times ever in years of playing?

That said, I had this problem too, and was completely unable to fix it except by redownloading. I tried like 3 times just by reopening, then the 4th time it told me that starport was installed incorrectly, and to reinstall

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:27 pm

invaderzim wrote:well apparently they have more problems than me. I've had to redownload maybe 3 times ever in years of playing?

Its probably something like the patcher sends files but they do not overwrite the code that previously exsisted, so you have to get the clean version from SGE cause that one Toonces physically saves the code with.

invaderzim wrote:well apparently they have more problems than me. I've had to redownload maybe 3 times ever in years of playing?

Its probably something like the patcher sends files but they do not overwrite the code that previously exsisted, so you have to get the clean version from SGE cause that one Toonces physically saves the code with.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:18 am

he accidentally double posted...

you dont have to be rude about it :?

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:31 am

huh thats weird i almost have to never redownload
and i use
widows xp pro sp3 32bit
windows 7 pro s1 32bit
you guys should try and right click your game launcher and run as admin

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:42 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:

haha whoops. nice mel xD thnx for double answer