LAG LAG LAG

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

MING

LAG LAG LAG

Post by MING » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:58 am

I live in the UK, and can't play starport in the afternoon as I can’t stay logged in for more than a few seconds - or can't even log in at all. I have a perfect wireless signal and sit in the same room as the router, something I didn’t have to do when I last played in the summer. I’ve not been on for a while but thought I would start playing again as I now have a bit more time on my hands to play a few rebangs. I know its always lagging a bit more when America wakes up and clogs up the internet with data about 6 hours after GMT, so that’s the afternoon for me - but is there anything that I can do to be able to play, other than move to the USA? Or is it a software/programming issue as the game had really bad lagging a few years ago until they sorted it out with a few patches?

Any one that can help would be appreciated

;)

nehalem

Re: LAG LAG LAG

Post by nehalem » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:38 am

It's probably a server issue.. Maybe eventually this will get worked out.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:46 am

Stop being a cheap-skate and upgrade your broadband, then go wired to eliminate loss of speed :wink:

MING

Post by MING » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:19 am

I have a really fast internet connection, its just as the games servers are in an underground bunker somewhere in the New Mexico desert underneth a 1950's nuclear test site - as soon as America wakes up, the amount of data i can get coming in my direction is reduced. The chain is only as strong as the weakest link. Its like having a 14 lane freeway full of traffic grinding to a halt when it bottle-necks down to 2 lanes. If theres hardly any traffic at night, there is no problem. But as soon as there is more traffic, it slows everyone down.

I have perfect no-lagging gaming all morning here, then about 1pm it starts to slow down so i can just about log on and move from one planet to another before it cuts out. And warping usualy ends up with me using 2 jumps worth of fuel just to end up in the system where i started from - i call this the yo-yo effect, and it costs me about 20-30 gallons a day til i give up trying to do anything as my cols wither and die without my tender love and care.

megiddo

Post by megiddo » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:10 am

I think you need a better ISP.

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:26 pm

Then get a day job :lol:

MING

Post by MING » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:31 am

Its hard to get a job when you have a broken leg!

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:20 am

To be fair - MING has a point.

I have a basic TalkTalk package and it hits download speeds of just under 1 Gigabyte per second. At first Starport ran like a beauty, but recently i have started experiencing the same issues and i am wired into my network.

It started gradually and is occuring far more often now.