Not a bug or glitch just someone pissed off at refs

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

MelKaven

Not a bug or glitch just someone pissed off at refs

Post by MelKaven » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:03 am

Toonces why did you put 30% less harvest on cols if it like makes the %'s on the refs almost pointless -_- and that tax thing is gay too It is making it even harder to do rebangs and less monies to from cleaning :evil:

TT

Re: Not a bug or glitch just someone pissed off at refs

Post by TT » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:41 am

The refinery sliders are not pointless. The point of the patch was not to make all colonies stronger solar. If that was the goal Toonces would have just made solars automatically 10/120 without needing anything.

The idea of the refinery sliders is to allow you to customize a colony. Need Extra weapons, turn up uranium and equipment. Need more tax, focus on the consumer resources. Need extra defense, focus on metal ore.

The reduced harvest was necessary to make up for the waste that is gone. No longer are you forced to have so many extra resources of stuff you don't need and are allowed to focus on things you do.

I hated the tax reduction at first too but after having some time to play around with refinery settings I think it actually helps to balance the needs of colonies too.

Burnout

jangsy5

Post by jangsy5 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:13 am

True but I think the harvesting reduction was too drastic about 20~15% would have done. But 30% just killed the colonies in old perms, and its very hard and MORE time comsuming from that consumer resources constantly needs adding. After like 5k pop it does get somewhat better but is still extremely hard to get 25k... I never got to 25k though. If anyone of you had then please tell us if it's better at 25k pop.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:58 pm

At 25k pop, I have a earthlike making all resources except spice and anerobes. It holds a 9/93 solar.

MelKaven

Post by MelKaven » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:47 am

TT wrote: I hated the tax reduction at first too but after having some time to play around with refinery settings I think it actually helps to balance the needs of colonies too.

Burnout
What in the hell are you talking about, less money is.... helping you..??? :?

TT

Post by TT » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:40 pm

Not helping me... helping balance the game.

Armor

Post by Armor » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:28 pm

TT wrote:Not helping me... helping balance the game.
That ship sailed long ago.

If it was ever in port at all...

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:21 pm

Armor wrote:

how is the game unbalanced Armor?

edit, spell check failed me.
Last edited by Major.Arse on Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armor

Post by Armor » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:09 pm

Major.Arse wrote:
Armor wrote:

how is the game unbalenced Armor?
I could tell you... but I just woke up... so get back to me later.

WeirdAl34

Post by WeirdAl34 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:54 pm

jangsy5 wrote:True but I think the harvesting reduction was too drastic about 20~15% would have done. But 30% just killed the colonies in old perms, and its very hard and MORE time comsuming from that consumer resources constantly needs adding. After like 5k pop it does get somewhat better but is still extremely hard to get 25k... I never got to 25k though. If anyone of you had then please tell us if it's better at 25k pop.

i got earthlike(lvl 5 reproduction thingy research) 10/120 makin all resources...its not impossible

EDIT: oh btw its only making 1.25 pollution per hour, too

IshXIII

Post by IshXIII » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:27 am

The 30% harvesting thing. dude it si absolutelly once more a patch to patch things up in a quick way. A patch that has not been tought about, and if it has been thouht about then it clearly states $$$$$$$$

Toonces, way in the past i have offered you to help you with marketing. Now im offering you again, not over mail this time but over the forum.

So many reasons why.

I love the this game that you have created, the programming actually is not so bad, its quite good actuallu. bu toonces, you really need to start to learn how to market. and if you do not want that, or if you cant, then that is ok. we all know to excell in something and some excell in smthn diffent then others. well u excel in making and upkeeping a game. but u have to admit u are not so good at marketing. good enough to keep and stay arround but not to start making shitloads of profit more with keeping the people u have and drawing more people. dont take all of this as an offence, bcos it is not. im searching to maintain and sustain this game u ahve created. i am searching for improvement reflected on clients, not only the producer. bcos it is like1+1=2 satisy the majority of customers and succeed. and u know it. u knew it. ull always know it. but you have had this for 5 years now. and tell me in compariseon on a average per year, you have gained more people. but the maths will tell u taht its not enuf people joining in a certain ammount of time.

Man start do smthng about marketing!!!