udp and d/c

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

devilwolf

udp and d/c

Post by devilwolf » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:58 pm

on p4, with both my laptop and my desktop, i get repeated udp and d/c issues. Cant stay connected longer than 6 minutes or so.

Toonces
Site Admin

Re: udp and d/c

Post by Toonces » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:49 pm

devilwolf wrote:on p4, with both my laptop and my desktop, i get repeated udp and d/c issues. Cant stay connected longer than 6 minutes or so.
it's your router. what kind is it?

ProzacR

Post by ProzacR » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:50 pm

Try run as admin if win vista found this in other topic. :P

devilwolf

Post by devilwolf » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:46 am

Belkin wireless g plus mimo

edit: never had a problem with this before.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:20 pm

Try to log into your router and edit the settings. You may be able to do it by typing in 192.168.2.1 into your browser. See if you can enable UDP communications on ports UDP ports 7790 thru 7850.

BLADE2

Post by BLADE2 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:19 pm

But why would this occur on routers that have never had this problem in the past? I've had the same router for a year. logged on to play for the first time in months, and now i get UDP errors too. not exactly a good way to tempt me into coming back.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:53 pm

how else could i login to my router besides the address you provided?

Armor

Post by Armor » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:22 pm

Major.Arse wrote:how else could i login to my router besides the address you provided?
192.168.1.254 may work too.

IshXIII

Post by IshXIII » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:01 pm

BLADE2 wrote:But why would this occur on routers that have never had this problem in the past? I've had the same router for a year. logged on to play for the first time in months, and now i get UDP errors too. not exactly a good way to tempt me into coming back.
that usually happens when the router had a firmware update, which it does automatically. So any router can get this issue sooner or later, it also may be bcos of ur provider altering settings or your firewall changing the settings, anti.virus can also do this.

If this happens when you do not have a router, well then it must be a softwarematic firewall, if switched off well then i dont know

dzdz09

Post by dzdz09 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:23 pm

I have no router and dial up, with laptop and vista home. I couldnt login for about 4 weeks on ROF. I was told thourgh chat if I did a updats there was a vista issue and then I could log in. So even though tI didnt want to wait on dial I did so and the result of 4hrs of updates at 56k was I could now login. However withen 24hrs now I am locked out of another server which I play often P1. I have had the UDP error there before and for no apperant reason it in past prolly 8 months always came back with a lilttel time, maybe 45 min or 1 hr.

At the moment it seems that my ROF issue of yesterday morning is now my P1 issue. It loads I use a program to track my ping push and pull and I am pulling over 56K avg, actually 7.89 . But still it's does the following

loading ...... I cant see screen I am stuck in the paradox of loading with semi blank sge screen not into the server game. When I finally do see server game (aprox 9-15 seconds later. The people on the server I see things they wrote to me, so thats tells me while I was "loading" they saw me as "ONLINE" but I never saw anything but something similiar to a dc' I see text they typed while I was "paradox online" and then I see "CONNECTION LOST" "due to UDP error.

My research beyond this form has giving me the understand ing that it is the lack of information propagating from server client and me. I know for certain with ping tool running my ISP is working as it has normally until the UDP issue started for everyone me included. Next I plan to go to a DSL or cable to try and run the laptop and log. If I get UDP well it's not from lack of transmission.

The laptop has the following

My laptop is over 1gig ram and AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 4.7

RATING 3.0 Determined by lowest subscore

Memory (RAM) 896 MB 3.9
Graphics ATI Radeon X1200 3.2
Gaming graphics 319 MB Total available graphics memory 3.0
Primary hard disk 98GB Free (148GB Total)

Hope this info if helpful. Definately rules out router and I have all secuirity shut off as well.

Anyone in the same boat or have suggestion please feel free to advise accordingly.

dizzzy dee
AKA: sweetcherry

IshXIII

Post by IshXIII » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:03 am

yeah i had that udp error all the time, i know toonces made some tweaks, it helped but it did not fully help. funny enough i have no problems at all anymore after i discovered a few things:

1) my gf downloaded a interet accelerator on to my pc (ooooohw woman and pc´s is the same as behind the wheel)
2) ran anti spyware and came up with some cookies that where actually lowering internet speed bcos after removing them the speed went up, one of them was a repair-blank cookie wich basically made my pages blank instead of bringing them to the site.

well i removed that programm and those cookies. after uninstalling the programm my whole browsing went faster and had less lagg on sge. almost no udp errors no more but after checking the root of the install folder of that programm i found that there was still something left behind. after removing that i never had any udp errors anymore and also allot less lagg.

Just in case i also removed my browser and totally reinstalled it again after bdownloading a fresh copie

altough sge is a stand-allone program, its still based on windows so other programs may affect it

u should install FEE AVG (a very good anti spyware, anti bad-cookies and anti virus programm) it detects almost everything and is better then norton and maccafee (wich arent free and can actually screw up ur pc even more then a virus, especially norton, long story to explain)
And maybe get ad aware aswell

ohw and gues what my laptop is?

AMD 64x2 athlon (only im using xp) with a X1250 card. so that means u must have a Toshiba lpt :mrgreen:
(got rid of vista and installed XP on it, vista is very very bad)

funny that we both had the same issue on the same machine now isnt it?
IT might actually be that. im not using dial up tough.

now im thinking of it, do you have ATheros Client Utility?
if yes are you using it to connect to internet sometimes?
In any case, using it or not to connect, is it starting up automatically when u start the pc?
If it does start up automatically do you switch it off manually?

edit:
Bcos switching that off and not let it start automatically helped increase a more stable connection aswell in my case.

dzdz09

Post by dzdz09 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:36 am

hmm Back in the paradox and thanks for the input I forget even how I solved it b4 lol

I need to make habit of checking forums quite abit more often, ofcourse w/kids its hard but now back to school so my job is cut down and can FOCUS on the IMPORTANT ISSUES like SGE (sarcasim but i truely do enjoy my SGE time lol)

Thanks wish I woulda said this earlier your comment b4 and after are quiet interesting in my geekish way (not sure thats changing after all these years ;)

Sweetcherry