laser lag struck again

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

leader.killer

laser lag struck again

Post by leader.killer » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:39 am

this laser lagg thing is getting out of hand is there anyway that we can change the settings(resolution of the lasers and stuff) everytime 10or more lasers go off or if there just sitting there i lagg....please can you guys fix this asap....

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:55 am

u sure it aint your graphics card or sumthin?

leader.killer

Post by leader.killer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:14 am

yea im sure just updated it.it doesnt lag on my moms computer and her internet is from time warner cable and that computer is like from 90's or somthing.My dads computer is newer and it has the same speed internet and it laggs.I'm thinking about quiting because whats the point in playing if they can't even fix a simple problem of laser lag.

leader.killer

Post by leader.killer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:17 am

the weird thing about when i lag from the lasers is that my ping doesnt change except 1 or 2 up or down on latency...even when the lasers arent attacking me i lagg

toast

Post by toast » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:18 am

because people like my esteemed self do not have laser lag, nor do i have a fancy computer. I have a stock graphics card, 1 gig ram, 2.4ghz processor, on a laptop.

I only ever have laser lag when i play on a battery, or using the wrong power cord. (Thus the comp is on AC power, but not charging battery. for w/e reason the comp slows down a bit.)

Because i, and many others rarely experience laser lag, its your problem. Kinda hard for toonces to fix your problem.

leader.killer

more ppl then me

Post by leader.killer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:32 am

there are more people than just me..i know at least 100 of em

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:18 am

its ur video card like toonces said in the tavern

toast wrote:because people like my esteemed self do not have laser lag, nor do i have a fancy computer. I have a stock graphics card, 1 gig ram, 2.4ghz processor, on a laptop.

I only ever have laser lag when i play on a battery, or using the wrong power cord. (Thus the comp is on AC power, but not charging battery. for w/e reason the comp slows down a bit.)

Because i, and many others rarely experience laser lag, its your problem. Kinda hard for toonces to fix your problem.
do you know what card you have? saying its stock really leaves it open

toast

Post by toast » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:26 am

yeah its mobile intel express chipset 965 or something. Far as i know its just the generic card they send you in laptops these days. The comp is about 8 months old now.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:37 am

GRAPHICS card... :roll:

and if you dont know how to find it,
start>control panel>personalize>display settings>advanced settings

and under adapter type, it should say what your card is, for example mine is a ATI Radeon X1270, a pretty nice card, yours is stock, but toonces said its a problem with NVidia drivers. if you dont have a NVidia, then you shouldnt be having laser lag

toast

Post by toast » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:16 pm

oh ok i see. so for some reason sge isnt effected/doesnt require a video card.

But most people have them, and anyone with the latest nvidia driver gets laser lag.

In light of this, cant you disable your card? Would that fix it?

KG

Post by KG » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:16 pm

Cheesy wrote:GRAPHICS card... :roll:

and under adapter type, it should say what your card is, for example mine is a ATI Radeon X1270, a pretty nice card, yours is stock, but toonces said its a problem with NVidia drivers. if you dont have a NVidia, then you shouldnt be having laser lag
The Intel 965 is a graphics card, Cheesy...well, a chipset anyway.:lol: A lot of laptops have their graphics integrated into the motherboard to save space at the cost of functionality. Since Starport doesn't like newer cards much anyway, it's usually not a problem.

I have an Intel 945GM. Runs OK other than cutting off everything that moves on the bottom half of my screen, but still playable.

KG

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:20 pm

KG wrote:
Cheesy wrote:GRAPHICS card... :roll:

The Intel 965 is a graphics card, Cheesy...well, a chipset anyway.:lol: A lot of laptops have their graphics integrated into the motherboard to save space at the cost of functionality. Since Starport doesn't like newer cards much anyway, it's usually not a problem.

I have an Intel 945GM. Runs OK other than cutting off everything that moves on the bottom half of my screen, but still playable.

KG
:P i missed the word intel and figured he was talking about a wireless card, whoopsies for the confusion, and starport seems to not like NVidia cards the most, primarily the newer NVidia ones, cause if you havent noticed, most of the threads in engineering, when ever the person says their video card is an NVidia, toonces usually pins the problem on that card, so drivers in it must be incompatible. i say this because my comp is fairly new, about a year old Dell Inspiron 1521 laptop, and my card is a nice ATI Radeon X1270, and unless you consider 1 year old computers old, id say mines fairly new

again, srry for the video card wireless card mix up :P