rolled back

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

johnmcc

rolled back

Post by johnmcc » Sat May 31, 2008 1:58 am

johnmcc lost 40 mil in bank and hazards biodome corp lost a colony due to the roll back on pv 3 also lost 8500 in tokens plus the ship u buy with tokens

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat May 31, 2008 1:59 am

If it rolled back wouldn't it give you back the tokens and put you back in the ship you were in before you bought the IG ship with the tokens? Rollback implies that everything goes back to what it was PRIOR to the rollback.

:?: :?: :?: :?:

johnmcc

Post by johnmcc » Sat May 31, 2008 2:44 am

Luna that is about a bunch of BS due to we had an empire with 17 colonies and I would like a refund of what I spent today. If you reset the server then you should give everyone a refund on what they spent on the game that they lost thanks to the rollback. I will have proof of what I spent on the game today at the end of the month. I would like a better response than what I got earlier. I honestly think that the server should be rolled back to what it was. Thank you.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Sat May 31, 2008 2:48 am

yall got rick rolled

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Sat May 31, 2008 3:16 am

I'm sorry about the rollbacks. Please pm me with a short, concise description of the time/effort you lost if any and I will consider reimbursement.

BLADE2

Post by BLADE2 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:50 am

wow toonces, you rolled back more servers. any reason why i shouldn't stop playing the game? you have angered many players lately, with no explanation, just an apology, as if that really makes up for the many hours people have put into the game.

I logged onto a server today to find me sleeping on a planet (which i never do), 80k colonists from 10+ planets gone, and worst part about it is that I'm far from being the worst affected by this rollback.

I agree with Merlin on this one. I think you get a kick out of screwing people over as they watch their hard work go right out the window. I sent you a PM, I hope you take it seriously.

mea

real effin cool (not)

Post by mea » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:08 pm

after spending hours watching dds and getting them , all that effort is wasted
not to mention the effort houskeeping on current cols.

I guess I dont really need to do more housekeeping
if any cols have a disaster the game will just be rolled back again and it will get auto fixed

the birt of another inactive corp that just drives off any new players cuz there wont be any opening, I will log in just enough to be sure they dont open up and to let players know just how unlikely their efforts will show any reward

biggi1991

-_-

Post by biggi1991 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:05 pm

i agree blade2....

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:24 pm

i also got a guy back in our corp that weve been working on getting out for like a week because he would not stop invading allies, our ceo finally logs on and reads his mail and gets rid of him, the server gets rolled back and hes back in the corp

mea

and furthermore

Post by mea » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:54 pm

what I really do not understand is that the rollback went back to when the planets in question still had a couple days b4 they reopened, and yet they were taken right away somehow.

I know how long they still had to open because I keep dates in my notes and they should not be open yet after this rollback, but somehow your rollback only changed part of the stats

this was totally unfair to players that were in a timezone that kept them from staying up 24hrs waiting on the server they played to come online

If I could stay up like that, I would not have any money to have spent on tokens, I wanted to pay you for your efforts, but wonder if I will ever again

tokens as compensation would do little I am afraid

mea

Post by mea » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:27 am

anyone got a reply to their PM yet?

or is he still "considering"?

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:02 am

Takes time to check out people's claims. For tokens they have reports they have to check. It's not just a simple 1 minute process to make sure a claim is valid.

Jtak

Post by Jtak » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:11 am

BLADE2 wrote:wow toonces, you rolled back more servers. any reason why i shouldn't stop playing the game? you have angered many players lately, with no explanation, just an apology, as if that really makes up for the many hours people have put into the game.

I logged onto a server today to find me sleeping on a planet (which i never do), 80k colonists from 10+ planets gone, and worst part about it is that I'm far from being the worst affected by this rollback.

I agree with Merlin on this one. I think you get a kick out of screwing people over as they watch their hard work go right out the window. I sent you a PM, I hope you take it seriously.
Have players dissapeer to a bug in a patch, hundreds of thousands tokens 'lost'

or

rollback and fix it all in a couple of minutes

TOONCES YOU ROCK NOT LET ME PLAY BATTLE ROYAL OR IMA HAVE TO START SIDING WITH THEM XD YOU WILL STILL ROCK THO!

Jtak

Post by Jtak » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:12 am

Toonces wrote:I'm sorry about the rollbacks. Please pm me with a short, concise description of the time/effort you lost if any and I will consider reimbursement.
Can you ensure the people that all future token purchases will NOT be rolled back. I am getting some Friday June 6th, and I dont mind suing XD YOU ROCK THO!

Maximus-Rex

Post by Maximus-Rex » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:31 pm

:roll: y is a rollback needed? i've read were ppl lost alot so they hate it, than there r ppl that can correct a mistake so they like it; but y do u do it (the rollback) :?:

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Meh had almost the same thing as u johnny, got at least 20 colonies, lost the ig suits i found (which were much needed on p3) and didnt get back the 3k fuel i spent, but as long as there isnt any more, i dont mind getting them back.
The main piss factor is that i marked atleast 50 good colonies to invade, and lost tokens from ships just like u.... but im not alone so i wont moan XD

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:02 pm

Maximus-Rex wrote::roll: y is a rollback needed? i've read were ppl lost alot so they hate it, than there r ppl that can correct a mistake so they like it; but y do u do it (the rollback) :?:
the roll back was to repair the patch the fixed the holdings patch because it accidentally deleted hundreds of characters on several servers, the roll back pushed the server back to when the characters where in existance, trust me this is not the worst ive seen. ive seen on other games the entire data base being wiped through a patch so dont get too upset at toonces after all HE ROCKS!

Buzz Lightyear

Post by Buzz Lightyear » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 pm

also means the holdings list is knackered again, back to freezing the game :cry:

DarkLordSauron

Post by DarkLordSauron » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:55 am

That is true, holdings is broken again.