[bug] stupid latest patch

Report bugs for Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

[bug] stupid latest patch

Post by feenix » Fri May 16, 2008 3:27 am

i don't mean to flame but the last patch we got screwed up the game, i got so mad in chat i said i would cuss out toonces but that's not the wisest thing to do. so i decided not to.

but serioulsy this is shity, the game says we have lag when we have good ping 0% loss and good lat 98 and we get booted off game for bad lag o.0 huh?

it doesn't make sense, and it's not just me, everyone not my server has this issue, everyone is getting booted off at random.

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Fri May 16, 2008 1:16 pm

when the eccesive lag system was introduced, it was like this with everyone randomly disconnecting and some people can't even go out from dock.It was fixed after a while but apperently last patch made it come back again.

I remember this because the eccesive lag patch hit in the start of the muppet wars and we died trying to invade cols.I think this needs urgent fixing ;p

ComradeKev

Post by ComradeKev » Fri May 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Actually, I don't think there was a patch installed, simply a bounce of the server. I didn't d/l a new patch when I logged back in (I know this b/c I have to allow the new .exe file trough my firewall after every patch).

Though, I do agree something wasn't right. I dc'ed probably 30+ times after the bounce. I was in the middle of a planetary defense and it kinda sucked.

Any help from STT would be MOST appreciated!

Mr.Boombastic

Post by Mr.Boombastic » Fri May 16, 2008 9:49 pm

Indeed. I died last night on Battle Royale while invading a colony and it wasn't due to planetary defenses, but rather to imaginary lag. Most disconcerting.

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Wed May 21, 2008 9:43 pm

well thankfully it has been fixed now or so it seems, i sure hope it doesn't happen again :/

milo

Post by milo » Wed May 21, 2008 9:58 pm

i've been keeping my peace but now after the 10th freeze on warp i must say this needs dealing with.