Starport GE on MAC OS

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

mRbOiLz

Starport GE on MAC OS

Post by mRbOiLz » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:03 pm

So I started playing again recently, and am loving it! But I bought a new laptop this week, it's a MAC. Does anyone else run Starport from a MAC?
How should I go about doing this... on the download link it has a link to winehq or something, but that's for linux not MAC.

Thanks in advance!

mRbz

mcdfatty

Re: Starport GE on MAC OS

Post by mcdfatty » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:27 pm

The winehq works for mac too.

Zed55rulz.fatty

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:50 pm

meh i suck with comps i dont however see the correlation between a comp and this game as its not that good graphics wise

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:23 pm

I have tried using wine on my mac, but never really got it to work properly. I ended up installing windows XP to be able to play starport :oops:
-PLAGUE- wrote:meh i suck with comps i dont however see the correlation between a comp and this game as its not that good graphics wise
You win the award for the most useless post ever.

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Barefoot wrote:I have tried using wine on my mac, but never really got it to work properly. I ended up installing windows XP to be able to play starport :oops:
-PLAGUE- wrote:meh i suck with comps i dont however see the correlation between a comp and this game as its not that good graphics wise
uhm, ima start off with i love you your so great keep up the good work flaming! and end with that post was kinda meant for someone to explain like, why is there topics on on different kinds of comps for the game? does it not work on some versions? does it have to do with the computer itself or what? i just didn't understand the topic, pardon me for not putting a question mark, maybe hinting at someone to explain things a bit, but then there are people like you, who see somebody they don't like and are already working on the flame, GJ ur great keep it up hope you buurrrnn someone soo hardd soon, everyone on forums is Majorly impressed by it :D

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:46 pm

-PLAGUE- wrote:
Barefoot wrote:I have tried using wine on my mac, but never really got it to work properly. I ended up installing windows XP to be able to play starport :oops:
uhm, ima start off with i love you your so great keep up the good work flaming! and end with that post was kinda meant for someone to explain like, why is there topics on on different kinds of comps for the game? does it not work on some versions? does it have to do with the computer itself or what? i just didn't understand the topic, pardon me for not putting a question mark, maybe hinting at someone to explain things a bit, but then there are people like you, who see somebody they don't like and are already working on the flame, GJ ur great keep it up hope you buurrrnn someone soo hardd soon, everyone on forums is Majorly impressed by it :D
I don't really have a problem with you, just pointing out that your post completely had nothing to do with the topic and offered no insight regarding the OP's question. It was more of a wake-up call to please stop posting if you have nothing to add to the topic.

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Cough* it was a question in itself and its completely related to the topic, just because i have a question too, or would you rather me start a whole new topic and look like a noobuh instead of simply asking in a place where someone might know what they're talking about or are already having a conversation on a similiar subject.