How is my modules set up?

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Onionknight

How is my modules set up?

Post by Onionknight » Tue May 25, 2010 7:12 am

Hello I play on the 11th dimension server as Onionknight. Actually I just started last week so I need help with modules (because I am totally noob at this)

This is what I have:

Ship: ISC

1 x Grav Beam
1 x Afterburners
2 x energy dynamo
3 x flight module
1 x Neutrino Scanners

Artifacts:
Beautiful aura neck
IG suit

All I use it for is space fighting and planet surfing (aka junk colony taking). Any feed back will help =D. Thanks

Barefoot

Re: How is my modules set up?

Post by Barefoot » Tue May 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Module set-ups are very task-specific.

For what you stated you're doing (fighting in space and capping junks), your setup is just fine.

I'm not sure what your purpose for capturing junks is - If you're trying to make money, try grabbing a few cargo bulkheads. They allow you to sell more resources to port as well as trade more resources between ports.

I like the grav beam for a newb, but you should try a few other weapons, too. Try getting the feel for the photon torpedoes - they're great but require a little more aiming skill.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:38 pm

• I would probably trade the after-burners for some tactical scanners. As for your your artifacts, I would suggest getting the superconductor and change your beautiful aura necklace for another IGSuit. This will give you superior speed, handling, and energy regeneration (extremely useful in space-battles and "junk surfing").
  • If you wish to learn how to invade well and how to fight well, I suggest you find a war (preferably on another server from your home)and offer your services (battling/invading/barging)to one of the two sides. Do not ask for any rewards as they will surely not want a newbie with an inability to take non-junks when they have to pay him/her. After a few days of barging/support/watching them do their thing/asking questions, you should begin trying to invade such colonies as 1/30 - 3/45. I do not suggest invading rings yet as they are newbie-killers.
  • At the beginning, you will die a good number of times and you will have taken very few colonies (in part due to the rarity of such low-strength colonies). Once you feel that you have learned how to take such colonies fairly well, upgrade your colony invasion to 1/30-5/60. This gradual increase in the difficulty will allow you to learn how to invade without your dieing and losing interest. Once your feel that this can be done fairly easily, try to capture these colonies wtih minimal number of lasers killed. Begin with at least half the lasers around dome being alive and slowly move up until you are at the point where you have only killed the lasers necessary for you to etiher dome-slide, corner-cap, or some other way to capture colonies. The easiest colonies to take without killing many lasers are rings, but you should not try to go after these without a proper tutor (ingame).
  • Read the following materials as well:
That should be good enough to teach you how to properly defend and the basic tactics of game along with many of the important terms that people use. If you can find a mentor, do as he/she says, do not follow what I say unless you truly want to. I'd say that this is a relatively good way to learn how to invade that won't have you quitting within a week.

P.S., onion, barefoot is right about the photon torpedoes. They are easily the best weapon in the game if your accuracy is good enough. You can fire them with the TAB button as they are your ship's special weapon. They are also awesome for invading.
P.P.S., do not use surface missiles, you will learn nothing. To kill lasers, use photon torpedoes or nukes or a combination there-of.

Onionknight

Post by Onionknight » Tue May 25, 2010 6:02 pm

ArdRhys4 wrote:
  • I would probably trade the after-burners for some tactical scanners. As for your your artifacts, I would suggest getting the superconductor and change your beautiful aura necklace for another IGSuit. This will give you superior speed, handling, and energy regeneration (extremely useful in space-battles and "junk surfing").
  • If you wish to learn how to invade well and how to fight well, I suggest you find a war (preferably on another server from your home)and offer your services (battling/invading/barging)to one of the two sides. Do not ask for any rewards as they will surely not want a newbie with an inability to take non-junks when they have to pay him/her. After a few days of barging/support/watching them do their thing/asking questions, you should begin trying to invade such colonies as 1/30 - 3/45. I do not suggest invading rings yet as they are newbie-killers.
  • At the beginning, you will die a good number of times and you will have taken very few colonies (in part due to the rarity of such low-strength colonies). Once you feel that you have learned how to take such colonies fairly well, upgrade your colony invasion to 1/30-5/60. This gradual increase in the difficulty will allow you to learn how to invade without your dieing and losing interest. Once your feel that this can be done fairly easily, try to capture these colonies wtih minimal number of lasers killed. Begin with at least half the lasers around dome being alive and slowly move up until you are at the point where you have only killed the lasers necessary for you to etiher dome-slide, corner-cap, or some other way to capture colonies. The easiest colonies to take without killing many lasers are rings, but you should not try to go after these without a proper tutor (ingame).
  • Read the following materials as well:
That should be good enough to teach you how to properly defend and the basic tactics of game along with many of the important terms that people use. If you can find a mentor, do as he/she says, do not follow what I say unless you truly want to. I'd say that this is a relatively good way to learn how to invade that won't have you quitting within a week.

P.S., onion, barefoot is right about the photon torpedoes. They are easily the best weapon in the game if your accuracy is good enough. You can fire them with the TAB button as they are your ship's special weapon. They are also awesome for invading.
P.P.S., do not use surface missiles, you will learn nothing. To kill lasers, use photon torpedoes or nukes or a combination there-of.
Okay. Well I already have photon torpedoes since it is an imperial starcrusier (comes with it).
But i will do what you said and try getting another IG suit and throw away the necklace for an Superconductor. And I will see if I can practice some invading somewhere hopefully =P. If you know anyone who wants to teach tell me D=. Thanks for the guides though

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Tue May 25, 2010 10:13 pm

If you've got the ISC, you don't need grav beam. use that module spot for something else.