Problems Buying Tokens

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Nolanor

Problems Buying Tokens

Post by Nolanor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:25 am

So I know I'm not really new, but I figured this would be the best place to put this. My friend and I would both like to buy tokens, and we both just tried doing so with our debit cards, but we were both denied the ability to do so. I think the problem comes with not being able to fit in our entire city name in the box, as I've tried other possibilities of information miscommunication. I'm unsure of what to do now and really don't know how to get a hold of tokens otherwise. Don't tell me to do it paypal.

kenoneill

Re: Problems Buying Tokens

Post by kenoneill » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:28 am

where in the world are you. if outside the us as i am you have to use paypal to buy tokens. instructions for doing this are in the admirals club.

Nolanor

Post by Nolanor » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:36 am

Well if you used your keen sense of observation, you would see that my location is Colorado springs, colorado, which is most definitely in the united states.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:08 am

Nolanor wrote:So I know I'm not really new, but I figured this would be the best place to put this. My friend and I would both like to buy tokens, and we both just tried doing so with our debit cards, but we were both denied the ability to do so. I think the problem comes with not being able to fit in our entire city name in the box, as I've tried other possibilities of information miscommunication. I'm unsure of what to do now and really don't know how to get a hold of tokens otherwise. Don't tell me to do it paypal.
Filling in your city name should be fine even if your city name is longer than the number of letters you are allowed to type in. Just enter as much of it as you can. If the rest of the information is entered properly it should work. One thing to try if it doesn't work, is to try switching from the "debit" tab to the "credit" tab, or vice versa.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:25 pm

when I bought tokens, I had to enter my debit card as a credit card. Like Toonces said.

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:57 pm

use the credit tab put the same info in it that you would the debit card and it should work

that is what I have to do and have done since they had the different tabs

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Nolanor wrote:So I know I'm not really new, but I figured this would be the best place to put this. My friend and I would both like to buy tokens, and we both just tried doing so with our debit cards, but we were both denied the ability to do so. I think the problem comes with not being able to fit in our entire city name in the box, as I've tried other possibilities of information miscommunication. I'm unsure of what to do now and really don't know how to get a hold of tokens otherwise. Don't tell me to do it paypal.
I think you are correct with the issue with the validation system.

There was an issue with someone committing credit card fraud, but managed to get past the address validation field by putting in an
old address. I think Toonces has changed this just to make sure his system is secure.

And can i just ask, what city? I can't really think of one that wouldn't fit into that field.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:11 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:
I think you are correct with the issue with the validation system.

There was an issue with someone committing credit card fraud, but managed to get past the address validation field by putting in an
old address. I think Toonces has changed this just to make sure his system is secure.

And can i just ask, what city? I can't really think of one that wouldn't fit into that field.
Where it says, location, under the avatar. He has listed Colorado Springs, Colorado.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:17 pm

How did that 'Pwn' me?

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sun May 09, 2010 4:04 pm

M2-Destroyer wrote:How did that 'Pwn' me?
He answered your question. This means that he pwnt you somehow^^.

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Tue May 11, 2010 2:34 pm

ArdRhys4 wrote:
M2-Destroyer wrote:How did that 'Pwn' me?
He answered your question. This means that he pwnt you somehow^^.
and now in dave's eyes you got pwnt by ArdRhys4 too lol