solar cannon/ colony moral

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Pathfinder1

solar cannon/ colony moral

Post by Pathfinder1 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:58 pm

Yet more noob questions, sorry :oops: What would be the best setting for the solar cannon? I'm not sure how fast the "shot" travels. Concentrated would do more damage, but would it hit anything before it got close to the dome? Half circle looks like it would be a good choice, but it is strong enough to do much damage?

The moral is dropping in my first colony because of "crowdedness" I assume in order to correct this I have to keep them from breeding? Aside from adding salt peter to their water supply, how do I do this? :?:

thanks for the help :D

invaderzim

Re: solar cannon/ colony moral

Post by invaderzim » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 pm

for the population, there are a couple things you can do. if the pop is stable or going down, try just taking some of them out until they start going up again. if that isnt enough, you can try upping the taxes. im not so sure about this idea, because it lowers morale, but it would also therefore lower pop and possibly the loss of crowdedness would counterbalance the morale lost from taxes. and thirdly, you can get your refinery harvesting either medicine or oil, both of which increase morale.

i dunno what planet type you have, or your current pop, so the third (and probably easiest) may or may not be possible

FearTHeFrO

Post by FearTHeFrO » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:19 am

for solar i usually do 9 solar shots and narrow spread, for more information about solar, look at inevamis thread

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:03 am

My staple is 9/120 medium burst, but it depends on the planet layout.