Halp! Newbie here

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

VictorValhalla

Halp! Newbie here

Post by VictorValhalla » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:58 am

I've actually tried playing Starport a few times in the past few years, but the extremely steep and unforgiving learning curve has always driven me off before I could get the hang of the game.

I'm asking for two things - first of all, what's a nice easy way for me to get to grips with the game? In previous times, I've always traded with a flower until I had enough for the grav beam and ISC, then ran around plundering crappy colonies until I felt I had enough to build one of my own - which ended up being taken about a week after UN protection dissapeared. I don't think my method is all that great..

Second, are there any corps willing to take on someone who's happy to follow orders and learn? Currently messing about on Rise of the Pirates (ROP?) but will hop onto more or less any server.

Many thanks, Victor

(Old forum account - IGN is Tigger!)

Major.Arse

Re: Halp! Newbie here

Post by Major.Arse » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:56 pm

My suggestion is to stear clear of everyone till your comfortable with the game dynamics. Try playing an older perma where there are less active players until you get the hang of it.

I could toss you a bone on Boundless Seas if you see me online.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:00 pm

If u see myself on boundless id be happy to teach u some things

VictorValhalla

Post by VictorValhalla » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Thanks for the offers guys - currently having issues trying to make my character on Boundless, can't connect to the server there I think, but it's fine for Hercules. Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay so I'm feeling pretty stupid right now.

First off, I managed to solve the problem of not being able to log into Boundless by creating a new account. But then when I wanted to log back onto Hercules, the account details to other account are apparently unrecogniseable, so I assume it got automatically deleted or something, so log back into account B to try to make a character on Hercules - but it says I already have one.

So basically, how do I recover the accounts details?

(Also, Sorry to Evo - I feel like a douche!)

EDIT: Right, so I actually noticed "Creating a new account will erase old one." - but how come I can't create new characters then?

EDIT: More or less resolved <3 Aaron
Last edited by VictorValhalla on Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

TT

Post by TT » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:21 am

Please please please, any newbies who read this understand the rules before falling into the trap this guy did.

Only use one account per person, period, end of story.

I don't care if you forgot your password, email toonces.

I don't care if the game won't load for you under your normal account, email toonces

I don't care what problem you are having, creating a new account will only cause you more problems

If in doubt, email toonces. Also, remember that there is a person who has to read your email so be polite and clear about your problem and don't expect an answer in 30 seconds or even the same day.

Burnout

Raviel-PLAGUE-

Post by Raviel-PLAGUE- » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:34 am

i feel bad for you :( that sux, tooncy please dont ban this one they didn't know any better :( :cry:

Chettoes121

Post by Chettoes121 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Double D's .