New account failed: too many accounts

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

monsterz

New account failed: too many accounts

Post by monsterz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:41 am

OK i know this issue is in the common FAQ, but it does not in fact answer what we are supposed to do so we can play

i used to play starport, but i moved houses but kept the same compute, starport and anything to do with it was deleted, i forgot my username and password, so i wanted to make a new account, thus creating my problem of the too many accounts. please note no one had access to my account and no one ever has, i have not used starport since about December last year and i read the FAQ and it says that it is deleted for 28 days then 60 days for something then another 60 days. add it all up and i have not played for longer than account deletion. i downloaded and installed starport a week ago i think, i emailed support@playtechtonics but i have not been given an answer for a while. any ideas

monsterz

Re: New account failed: too many accounts

Post by monsterz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:56 am

i was able to make a new account called monsterz on a laptop on my household, but it says its not recognised when i try on my own computer. this is probably because of different ip address, but is there any way i can perhaps put that account on my ip.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:39 pm

you need to PM toonces or send regular email to support@starportgame.com

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:11 pm

If the account is valid and in good standing it doesn't matter where you try and play from as long as you spell the account name and password correctly, regardless of IP address.

monsterz

Post by monsterz » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:52 am

MastrIan wrote:If the account is valid and in good standing it doesn't matter where you try and play from as long as you spell the account name and password correctly, regardless of IP address.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:42 pm

whats your password? :P

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 pm

Do you have your password saved on the computer that it works on? If so, try deleting the password and typing it in, because you aren't typing something in correctly, I've used my account on countless computers at my house/school/work and never had a problem.

monsterz

Post by monsterz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:18 am

i can go on this account fine with the laptop no problems at all, it just doesnt work with this computer
i do not have the password on the computer
i would love to say the password but then i would just lose my account
NOTE: IT IS ALL TYPED IN CORRECTLY

idea: maybe if toonces made me an account and told me the username and password to see if it works on my computer
this would help determine if it is my computer or starport or the account

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:15 am

This is why multis should never be rememberd in a good light.

paxTeklord

Post by paxTeklord » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:47 am

monsterz wrote:i can go on this account fine with the laptop no problems at all, it just doesnt work with this computer
There are other ways to solve this issue without going nuts.

1) You could burn a cd-rom with an exact copy of the SGE folders found on your notebook. You will find the SGE software by going to Start, My Computer, Drive C, Program Files, then look for StarportGE or SGE ** - That folder and everything in it you want to burn on to the CD-Rom. Once that is done, put that cd in to your other computer and copy it to Program Files. Then create an icon on the desktop, if you do not already have one, so you can start the game. The icon should link to "C:\Program Files\StarportGE\Launcher.exe" or "C:\Program Files\SGE\Launcher.exe" - **

2) Use a home network to do a copy of the folder as indicated above. You would need to have both computers on the network and seeing each other in order to do this. Then its pretty simple, open 2 windows, one should be of the remote computer and the other of the notebook, go to Program Files in both. Then highlight the SGE folder on the notebook, right click and select copy, go to the remote window, right click and select paste. The files will be copied. Then do the icon.

3) Use a USB flash drive to copy the files as indicated above but over to whichever drive letter your flash drive is using, could be drive E. Then plug that flash drive in to your other computer and copy the SGE folder to Program Files. Then do the icon.

** = The folder name can be changed when you first installed the game, so if you did that, that is the name you want to look for under My Programs.