Artifact Combinations

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

jangsy5

Artifact Combinations

Post by jangsy5 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:59 am

This is specificly for artefact combinations... there isn't much but some of them seem most indeed needed. It's quite staright foward in making the right combination on your own. This post expects reader to know at least how the stat works but I'll still explain in some way.

The post by Nightmare 'New players guide + FAQ' has some on information on artifacts and basis of the game.

http://starportgame.com/sgeforum/viewto ... 84&start=0

If you have suggestions on my artifact combinations please post, if you have your own do so aswell.

This is extracted fromt the game starpedia.
Oracle of Wonders
This computing device of the Intergalactics' increases its owner's Wisdom by 2.

Intergalactics' Spacesuit
This form-fitting device bestows +2 Dexterity upon the wearer.

Beautiful Aura Necklace
This wearable loop holds a device that creates an aura of beauty around the wearer, increasing Charisma by 2.

Persuasive Pulsator
This device works its magic on simple port merchants who will give the wearer better prices.

Cloak of Disguise
This cloak can appear to on-lookers as any type of uniform, and helps in port robbery.

Intergalactics' Map
A comprehensive Intergalactic-made map, decreases the amount of warp fuel needed to warp.

Shield Emanator
Increases of effectiveness of ship's shields, so damage sustained by the ship of one carrying this artifact is reduced.

The Superconductor
Increases ship's energy generation speed.

First things first, how do you get an artifact? Well, go into the tavern in the station and buy a drink (you can do it several times per station). The more expensive drink you buy the more likely you get tipped on where the artifact is located. If it says all artifacts are found don't dispare, it respawns. Actually locating the artifact is quite a hassel, unless you have quick eyes it isn't easy because they don't tell you the co-ordinates just the planet and the system name.

If you find one you gain 500 exp and gain one random artifact. If you have more than 3 then one has to go. The artifact is a giant yellow square in the mini-map and a crashed Intergalactic ship on the map. All artifacts spawn in random locations and doesn't tend to be tipped off at stations close to it. Locations of the spawned artifacts are not in colonised planets.

Buying artifacts varies from its values and what server. If its a quick rebang like blitz it's completely pointless. Perms tend to be expensive (price range is very high). When trading artifacts both traders must be in the same system.

Ok, here are some lists of what combinations should be used. Note, Intergalactic suit is better than superconductors. The sub category is prioritised

---Invading---
When invading invaders most certainly need energy enhancers. This is for the fact that decent colonies have solar cannons. Also some invaders use missile drops and that costs energy aswell.

-IGS
-IGS
-IGS

This is the best for most cases for invading and others for your ship's agility increases and energy. Dex if you have read the 'New player's guide + FAQ' then you'll know that dex does increase energy recharge.

The IGS could all be replaced for SC but it is a combo that's very poor. SC and IGS give similar energy recharge rate but IGS gives dex, hence having 3 IGS is better.

Also you could add a shield emenator if you think you'll need some buffing. Do NOT get 3 shield emenator. It takes away in percentage, therefore quite pointless to have 3. Having 3 might save some money and the occassional hicups but it is useless when it comes to invading if there's 3 or likely 2.

---Fighting---
In combat player needs good supply of energy like invading to hunt down ships quickly. Or shield buffing to prevent a early death.

Obviously 3 IG suits do work in this case aswell. Main reasons for you're a poor shooter and wanna spam, or the fact that it gives agility and energy boost.
-IGS
-IGS
-IGS

-SE
-IGS
-IGS

This also works if you think you could do some shield saving or that the fight would be 'you hit, I hit' one.

-SE
-SE
-IGS

This might work if you're really good pilot or in a fast ship.

Remember if you don't have IGS then SC could be used instead in necessary conditions.

---Trading/exploring---
Mainly used in rebangs for a lot of people do tading to get exp up. In perms players tend not to try reducing warp fuel consumptions for you have all the time to wait for the fuel to recharge... some do reduce warp consumptions. I'm not sure about this but if some one post it then it'll be help full.

-IGM
-IGM
-IGM

For those who really want to cut back on fuel... this is unlikely to happen.

-IGM
-IGM
-PP

This is for the real traders. PP do stack but 2 IGM does make it better.

All the IGMs could be replaced with OW but OW only reduces 0.4 while IGM reduces 0.5.

---Colony Management---
People who wants to make a large empire or just barging. Combo needs to have fuel reduction and charisma.

-Necklace
-Necklace
-Necklace

The necklace will give the charisma for better colonies and rooting colonists. One of the Necklace could be replace for IGM for a better efficincy of transprot.

One of the necklace could also be replaced for PP which could give an advantage for colony owners sending resources.

---Robber---
If you have -1000 rep and think robbing is your thing then read stealing guide in the sticky section of 'Launch pad' thread.

-Cloak
-Cloak
-(anything that applies)

Robbing dosen't necessarily need 3 Cloaks to rob but having 3 is allt the better. You must have at least 1 to rob at a slightly decent rate.

I think I've covered the most common ones... I've posted this at 11pm at my time so I'm kind of tired. If I have some mistakes I'll fix it later.

Catfish

Re: Artifact Combinations

Post by Catfish » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:35 pm

I agree with you on the 3 IG suit fighting strategy, but personally, i think 2 IG suit and 1 SC is better for invading

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Why don't you want to get 3 shield emanators? More is better, right?

jangsy5

Post by jangsy5 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Having 3 SE is like 1/10 x 1/10 x 1/10
Which is 12.1%. Qite useless I think. Or if the stacking is just adding the percentile then 30%... I realy don't know.

akito

Post by akito » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:46 pm

sc gives a higher energy regen rate than the raw dex from the igs. thinking of an sc as 3 dex that applies only to energy regen helps visualize this. same sorta thing for map vs oracle. personally i think they need to add some other minor effect to wisdom or remove oracles entirely.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:55 pm

SC gives faster energy regen than IGS so at least one is very useful for invading.

My personal preference was always 2 IGS and 1 SC.

Even 1 suit and 2 SC was fine if i was flying a seth or IG ship.

moleman

TT

Post by TT » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:06 am

akito wrote:personally i think they need to add some other minor effect to wisdom or remove oracles entirely.
/agree

jangsy5

Post by jangsy5 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:30 am

Now I've learnt something.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:33 pm

SE lowers your energy regen slightlly.

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:22 pm

jangsy5 wrote:Having 3 SE is like 1/10 x 1/10 x 1/10
Which is 12.1%. Qite useless I think. Or if the stacking is just adding the percentile then 30%... I realy don't know.
Well no... Each one of them add 7.5%. So 3 would be 22.5%. It's tested and proven.