sliding

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Chettoes121

sliding

Post by Chettoes121 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:55 am

Ok i need someone to explain this better (evo plz)i can dome slide about 3-5 lazers but im just sorta curious how u keep moving with out messing up ur slide on like huge slides idk plz tell me :? ...maby i just suck at sliding maby but is there a technique?

McGrod

Re: sliding

Post by McGrod » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:21 pm

as a quick answer (as I'm not a slider) grab decent artis like ig suits and superconductors (ig suits = manouvrebility) its all down to skill and practise. I've seen people do stuff that just baffles me . From my limited knowledge on this art form, keep the speed up (you know the 10 dex etc etc) make your initial starting point correct so you don't have to compensate or 'tweak' going past the lasers. Ultimatly its practise and patience and a huge bank balance. If one is serious about sliding get one of your mates to set up a colony just for you to practise on and start it easy gradually increasing military and lasers as you get the feel of it. Hope this was of help.

akito

Post by akito » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:12 am

sliding and dome sliding are different. for sliding u do NOT need to maintain full energy, u just need to get inside. that means for normal slides u can drag the wall or bump a laser and still be alright. domeslides are MUCH less forgiving.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:57 pm

basically folks slide to invade a planet faster. if you can slide in, instead of drop nuking, chances are you will be done sooner.

same applies to dome sliding. all sliding is fun to try as it gets the ole heart a pounding, and saves nukes/time/warpfuel.

check out some of the older videos for demonstrations. Deuce, omlow, legacy corp, and moleman vids are the way to learn from watching.

only way to really learn is to try though.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:45 pm

I would suggest you start by getting 3-4 people on blitzkreig and pooling your money to make a domelside planet. Start out with No miltiary and no solar, 10 laser slide with a battleship. It is fairly easy and once you get the hang of capturing the planet, buy a bio 2 (or a solar, whichever you wanna start out with) and put people on it. Next, put it on whatever level military you want it, the higher the military, the faster the lasers shoot. As you get better and better, go onto a perma and fully build a planet and learn to slide on it. Personally, I am ok at sliding, my best dome slide was a 8 laser slide(that is the length, not the total, was 16 lasers side by side) with a 5/90 solar/military.

Chettoes121

Post by Chettoes121 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:37 am

guys i can already slide and stuff i can do domeslides but i just wondering how to slide like farrr on dome slides usaly my slide is going reeally slow after the 5th lazer

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:23 pm

ok, its all about the speed you entered at plus the angle of your entry. if your angled correctly you can boost still while hugging the wall without losing enrgy. if you go fast enough and/or change rate of speed you will confuse the turrets. plus the solar, of course, will fire where it thinks your going, not where you are (which is how lasers target you, but they can easliy be fooled too).

when in doubt, its all about the angle of the dangle relative to the heat of the beat

btw, i got a few extras so here you go:

???????????????????????????????????????

dont use em all in one place

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:52 pm

I,ve found that the lasers first shot tries to aim where you are going.. the rest are basically where you are at, sometimes in a straight slide either up or down the lasers fire straight in the direction you are going for their first shot, sometimes second one two.

the basic rule is to get to the dome before the lasers actually begin firing at their normal rate

sometimes it can take the lasers a second or two to begin firing. I believe you can get that to happen by hiding from the lasers and not letting them see you early.

Also, i have no idea wether or not this is true but i find the first time you land on a colony and attempt a domeslide the lasers take awhile to start shooting. If you miss and try again (let the lasers reset) they "find" you quicker and begin firing sooner. dunno if this is true but ive noticed it. i suggest getting off the colony and relanding if possible after each failed attempt.