Best planet for Noob?

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Mal

Best planet for Noob?

Post by Mal » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm

What is the ideal planet type to use for a new player to start colonizing?

What types of systems should I look for when choosing a spot for building?

toast

Post by toast » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:23 pm

Depends where you are i think. Dont start building on Hercules, because people their will invade you with no (or very little) consideration of who you are.

If you dont feel there is any danger in getting invaded, build an arctic, ocean, or earth, because they are easier to build as they grow population more quickly.

Rockies and mountains are slower to build, but the solar cannon adds a lot of protection.

Greenhouses and volcs suck, and in my opinion are really not great to build, except for pop/weapons.

if you like, come to New Hope, and send me a mail (I am Lord.Toast there) and i can give you a hand.

Toast

master3bs

Post by master3bs » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:39 pm

I like starting with either an ocean/earth for population or a mountain for resources. Lately, I've been favoring the mountain. It's easier for me to deal with the pop issue than the resource issue.

inevamis

Post by inevamis » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:01 am

Build a earth to biodome3 then use it to populate some good mount colonies. Keep dropping anaroebes on the earth while using to to populate colonies so it grows like mad. for mounts, use the atom smasher to keep it stocked with medecine and oil and it shoudl b able to make you some good money.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:43 am

I would suggest the mountain at 5k population. It will take a 10way solar with about 25% military with no research. The atom smasher is extremelly helpful for building other planets. If you get the right research, you can get 10way solar at 50% military. Getting this research is quite easy on mountains, anyway. I suggest a mountain because it is the safest if not easiest choice. An earth or a ocean would be easier but they can only handle about 2-3way solar without research. And to get even that, you have to get your military very low. Desert is useless unless you wanna sell spice at the beginning.

DO NOT BUILD BIO 3's!

toast

Post by toast » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:43 pm

ArdRhys4 wrote: DO NOT BUILD BIO 3's!
If your on a perma...

I think (not sure) that mal is playing rebangs, in which case build the bio 3.

SpaceToast

Post by SpaceToast » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:40 am

just build far away from ppl and go ockys ;) there solar rocks

dont worry if ur first colony gets taken my first colony ever on starport was a greenhouse and as soon as i got it fully built the corp amelia on new hope came and took it.......... :cry:

Deathday

Post by Deathday » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:49 pm

Toast and space toast, is it just me or do i smell an impersonator?

toast

Post by toast » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:33 am

Deathday wrote:Toast and space toast, is it just me or do i smell an impersonator?

It seems my legend is growing.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:43 am

dundundun!

akito

Post by akito » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:48 pm

on a rebang you want biodome 3 on everyhing.

on a perma you should not build dome 3 on earths, oceans, arctics, or deserts until you become pro at morale juggling them. everything else u want a dome3 on, thats volcs, mountains, greenhouses, rockies, and igp's.

greenhouses ARE good for permas, they have low pollution so running them on dome3 doesnt cost you as much research slider to stabilize down to 1ppd.