being booted out of server/offline

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

danabanana9

being booted out of server/offline

Post by danabanana9 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:57 pm

do people have cheats/hacks that allow them to boot you from the game server and offline?

this seems to be happening to me but i am not sure. if so, is there anyway to combat this?

TIA

toast

Post by toast » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:31 pm

I highly doubt this is happening to you.

The only way that i can think of would be for them to drive your ping up so high the server kicks you. I have no idea how to do that, but presumably if they spammed your ip with all kinds of crap that sucked up all your internet, maybe...?

One of you smart people better answer this :P

Haldos

Post by Haldos » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:04 am

No

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:49 am

Once, i got a thing that said: "connection to server lost, aliens have taken over your ship" or something like that.

I was like, what the hell? And one person said someone was hacking me...

I was like, how dare they!and moved on with my life.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:23 pm

ArdRhys4 wrote:Once, i got a thing that said: "connection to server lost, aliens have taken over your ship" or something like that.

I was like, what the hell? And one person said someone was hacking me...

I was like, how dare they!and moved on with my life.
aliens taking over your ship means someone had access to your login name and password. change your password with /changepassword oldpass new pass and you'll be ok.

master3bs

Post by master3bs » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:01 pm

I never knew that. It's a funny line. Wouldn't it be better to add to the line (you have been logged in somewhere else?) That, or something like that, would let the people know what happened.

toast

Post by toast » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:39 pm

yeah...perhaps a message saying "someone is hacking you, change your pass..." instead of something that i would think was a joke.

like when you try to ignore yourself.

Grimoire

Re: being booted out of server/offline

Post by Grimoire » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:56 pm

danabanana9 wrote:do people have cheats/hacks that allow them to boot you from the game server and offline?

this seems to be happening to me but i am not sure. if so, is there anyway to combat this?

TIA
Well this is true, there is this one guy named toonces, he will actually lag you out and d/c you whenever he feels like it. Its soooo incredibly stupid, I can run eve just fine for hours on end, and I can't run this game for more than 15 mins.

toast

Re: being booted out of server/offline

Post by toast » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:33 am

Grimoire wrote:
danabanana9 wrote:do people have cheats/hacks that allow them to boot you from the game server and offline?

TIA
Well this is true, there is this one guy named toonces, he will actually lag you out and d/c you whenever he feels like it. Its soooo incredibly stupid, I can run eve just fine for hours on end, and I can't run this game for more than 15 mins.

Yeah but thats cuz your doing handstands in your bathtub when you play eve. You only sit on the roof of your garage for sge.