How NOT to get backstabbed

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

TheDestroyer

How NOT to get backstabbed

Post by TheDestroyer » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:13 pm

I was looking around and was amazed at all the backstabbing that goes on. A few rules of thumb that will stop you from being back stabbed:

1. Never trust anybody that asks to be made CEO of the corp to do something. If they absolutely must land on personal colonies in the corp give them contractor status.

2. Don't loan tokens to your corp mates

3. The moment somebody does something shady kick from corp and /ignore.

4. Just... don't trust anybody.

awmalzo

Re: How NOT to get backstabbed

Post by awmalzo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:19 pm

TheDestroyer wrote:I was looking around and was amazed at all the backstabbing that goes on. A few rules of thumb that will stop you from being back stabbed:

1. Never trust anybody that asks to be made CEO of the corp to do something. If they absolutely must land on personal colonies in the corp give them contractor status.

looks more like dictator ship to me.....

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:30 pm

awmalzo wrote:
TheDestroyer wrote:I was looking around and was amazed at all the backstabbing that goes on. A few rules of thumb that will stop you from being back stabbed:

looks more like dictator ship to me.....
/agree awm

ezmboq

mistake 2 help

Post by ezmboq » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:12 am

you made a mistake, never give a contractor status to someone that u dont know at all, they can control the refinery which means they can take all your metal ore to turn your solar cannon off leaving your colony a sitting duck for invaders :D

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:04 pm

my way on not getting backstabbed :

Be reasonable to people.
If people are unreasonable ...make them see reason.
If they decide to backstab one....have a network of corpies distributed over the servers and various corps.
Make an example out of the backstabber subtly and mail them to let them know not to mess around again.

Note only works when theres plenty of chaps about playing sge.

BLADE2

Post by BLADE2 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:25 pm

McGrod wrote:my way on not getting backstabbed :

Be reasonable to people.
If people are unreasonable ...make them see reason.
If they decide to backstab one....have a network of corpies distributed over the servers and various corps.
Make an example out of the backstabber subtly and mail them to let them know not to mess around again.

Note only works when theres plenty of chaps about playing sge.
Don't let people sell your solars, right McGrod, lol

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:36 am

not being a jack a$$ helps, as does having a network of powerful friends. being the highest bidder is always great too.

however, the only real way to totally avoid all back stabs is to go it solo and never have any corp mates or contractors.

personally i prefer to be in a corp where every member is equally capable of being ceo and the position is tossed around as needed. am i more open to backstabs that way? YES. is there more team work, good will, and fun between the corp? YES.

Knives.
Location: If I tell you, your parents might file for a divorce.

Post by Knives. » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:49 am

tekkamanblade wrote:not being a jack a$$ helps, as does having a network of powerful friends. being the highest bidder is always great too.

however, the only real way to totally avoid all back stabs is to go it solo and never have any corp mates or contractors.

personally i prefer to be in a corp where every member is equally capable of being ceo and the position is tossed around as needed. am i more open to backstabs that way? YES. is there more team work, good will, and fun between the corp? YES.
Bleh I say!

Knives does not get back- stabbed...

Backstabbing knives is like backstabbing God...it won't work well for the back-stabber!

:shock:

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:27 am

I have been back-stabbed 3 times in 2 years of playing. All three times were when I was newbie. One of those corps was wiped utterly from the face of server and possibly game a few months later. Another ran away during a war and left me to die( i forgive u:P). Third, well, it was not really back-stab, it was that they were being extortioned(do this or die:P)... we kewl again.

I am hungry...

Xryth

Post by Xryth » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:46 am

Dude, when did Jennifer get back on the forums? :roll:

-notorious-

Post by -notorious- » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:55 pm

in this game, you really cant trust anyone. i been lucky to play with a group of guys i trust and vice verse. but its pretty rare.

player x shouts : is trillz a good guy?
notorious shouts: yes! hes a honourable guy, id trust him to babysit my children type of guy
Trillz shouts : notor id be honoured to let your children sit on my lap.