Terminology

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

McGrod

Terminology

Post by McGrod » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:14 pm

Here is a topic with defintions in it.
NAP = Non Aggresion Pact . Very important things in starport. It means you literally dont invade eachother but are not bound to help the other corp if they get into a war.

Alliance = Usually a group of corps who are Allied to eachother and will give backing to eachother .Its like a bigger and stronger version of NAP .

Military Alliance = If your corp has one of these with another corp (depending on the finer details) It means your gonna get strong together or get destroyed with eachother.

Cease-Fire = when hostilities have happend and a cease fire happens it means neither corp are to invade eachother. Itis not a NAP as NAP are more friendly and not as fragile. I redomend if you got a cease-fire make the bond between the corps stronger and dont let it linger as cease-fires alone dont stop trouble for long.

I will add to this later for now I must be off. (Note to powers that be I did this topic because talking to people in game has often revealed they dont know the definitions) IF other would like to add to the thread please do and no flame wars.
Edit : really constructive rojo.
Last edited by McGrod on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rojo

Post by rojo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:21 am

McGrod Chronicles: Nov 1, 2007

Today I made my first useful post on the SGE Forums

milo

Post by milo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:42 pm

albeit one that has already been posted :wink:

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:06 pm

well it was so informative I had to explain the basics of terms to someone with several hundred k followers and yeh hug it.

metroidp4

Post by metroidp4 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:04 pm

who actually invented the term "NAP"?

dirt

Post by dirt » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:17 am

metroidp4 wrote:who actually invented the term "NAP"?
The military. It's not just a sge thing.

metroidp4

Post by metroidp4 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:05 pm

oh lol

Inigox5

Post by Inigox5 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:38 pm

Right

On peoples profiles, what does 'Achievements' mean?

I'm confused, because some people have like, 100+ and some have 0. Even if they're in the top 10. And no I don't mean the medals bit. Unless that's what it is.

:? :?

petertje

Post by petertje » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:40 pm

metroidp4

Post by metroidp4 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:52 am

lol, i dont think it says wat achievements are on that guide

Smeagol...

Post by Smeagol... » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:17 am

Achievements are a product of times long gone....the golden days of SGE... when permas had score adjusts which would happen weekly and lower your exp while giving you achievement points...they served virtually no purpose, and where the perma's answer to the rebang's medals.

Nomad

Post by Nomad » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:13 am

Smeagol... wrote:Achievements are a product of times long gone....the golden days of SGE... when permas had score adjusts which would happen weekly and lower your exp while giving you achievement points...they served virtually no purpose, and where the perma's answer to the rebang's medals.
to expand here a little - achievement points were given out based on your ranking in the top 100 - 1st place got 100pts, 100th place got 1 pt - consistently dropping from 1 - 100. They were rewarded at the end of each score adjust - and they actually did serve a purpose, they were one of the best ways of recording someone's playing time/ability in that server - it was another way of ranking players (and would have been great to have had a way to organize players by achievement points instead of ranking....) - i'd love to see achievement points back in the game

i'm sure i've missed something - if so i'll add it in later

Smeagol...

Post by Smeagol... » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:21 am

Nomad wrote:
Smeagol... wrote:Achievements are a product of times long gone....the golden days of SGE... when permas had score adjusts which would happen weekly and lower your exp while giving you achievement points...they served virtually no purpose, and where the perma's answer to the rebang's medals.
to expand here a little - achievement points were given out based on your ranking in the top 100 - 1st place got 100pts, 100th place got 1 pt - consistently dropping from 1 - 100. They were rewarded at the end of each score adjust - and they actually did serve a purpose, they were one of the best ways of recording someone's playing time/ability in that server - it was another way of ranking players (and would have been great to have had a way to organize players by achievement points instead of ranking....) - i'd love to see achievement points back in the game

that doesn't make any sense....I had 137 achivement on 11th....and somebody I corped with....that's alot of people....I think it was BigT had 1,037 achievement...

kataphroktai

Post by kataphroktai » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:24 pm

Smeagol... wrote:
Nomad wrote:

that doesn't make any sense....I had 137 achivement on 11th....and somebody I corped with....that's alot of people....I think it was BigT had 1,037 achievement...
U got that many points every time the score readjusted with the points from the most recent readjust added to the total achievement points achieved from previous readjustments.

So if there was 2 readjusts n u were 1st on both = 100+100=200

Sigh too bad my account got deleted had 780 something on DF :(

Smeagol...

Post by Smeagol... » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:56 pm

forgot they were cummulative :}

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:26 am

Smeagol - slang for noob