Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes: 57

Thavy

Does toonces rock??

Post by Thavy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:09 pm

OK well this is going to be the topic to solve all topics.....IS TOONCES KILLING OFF STARPORT.........

I just got done reading some of the reviews for starport and getting a user rating of 7.3-10............thats really bad.......

So i encourage honest and truthfull opinions.....is he killing off starport....

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setV ... gameID/145
read some of the reviews

personally though i would think he isnt now.....but he needs to really add more to do.......otherwise people will quit more and more left and right

(dont get me wrong i know he has done alot recently with the newest patches)

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:11 pm

It's a tough industry, he's got to pull the strains hard in order to keep being unique, original and fun.

Nightmare

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:29 pm

Well as the link is already dead I can not see your referenced material, Therefore I can not give my opinion.

Dolphin

Post by Dolphin » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:11 pm

The link isn't dead. Just incorrectly posted. Note the "...". Web browsers sometimes will do that.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:44 pm

On Jul 14, 2006 Tuutob wrote:
good if you like running marathons. Going from one system to another seems fun at the beginning because you think 'hey, lots of exploring, right?' WRONG. Everything looks the same, to succeed you must buy admiral tokens and your planets are like kittens with asthma: they die.
On Jul 5, 2006 Emoian_07 wrote:
Game=BBQ. Ok my review. The game used to be fun, back in the day. Ever since Toonces became a money hungry fool, however, it has lost its charm. First off, pollution patch was a huge money screw. He puts mass pollution on all your planets so you end up flying(more like Lagjumping in this game)across the galaxy nonstop to keep your planets alive. After flying through the galaxy cleaning planets you suddenly notice how low your warp fuel is. Either you spend money on tokens and buy fuel to get anything done, or you log out, let it slowly recharge for a while, and then have to go clean pollution again. Then onto the ravity patch, which is if possible worse than the pollution patch. Pretty much this oatch made it so that no newcomers could take anything, take their stuff back, prety much do anything except for Taxis and Hauling. The gravity patch makes your ship go ever so slow, ever so ever so slow, and makes it so many of the old features/cheats/exploits such as sliding past defenses could not be done. Even though sliding wasn't really an exploit, it more or less was. Overall this game is now a money screw made by a now power/money hungry chia pet who pays attention to no one as far as help is concerned. Customer Service=BBQ. I dunno if this guy even knows what customer service is. He's to busy inventing patches to screw the game over. The community is OK, sometimes, depending on who you are talking to. A lot of the mods are overreactive and protect the forums like a bear its cub. If you say damn in one of your posts they'll delete it and start whining to Toonces about it. At least that statement speaks for you, madace. Overall this game used to be ok. Now, this game...... This game=BBQ. P.S. The graphics suck nuts!
On Jun 25, 2006 TheNagus wrote:
Piece of BBQ...

On Jun 22, 2006 Bolshevik77 wrote:
this game comes out of the indie world is surprisingly fresh and fun
On Jun 21, 2006 Dragao55 wrote:
WoW im surprise it this game :D Not the Best of all but is a nice game xD
On May 14, 2006 Vulshock wrote:
Great, free game. Give it a go
On May 9, 2006 Blaize110 wrote:
A great game. A 'must play'. And its FREE! Great value for no money!
On May 1, 2006 Magron wrote:
To put it simply, this game is for suckers. True, you can download and play it for free, BUT, for any chance at all of competing you will spend big bucks on 'admiral points' for extra game cash, weapons and movement. I've tried 3 games and estimate a minimum of $20 to $40 to have a bare chance of competing in a standard 2 week game. You might think you can start up a colony to provide those things, but in reality you won't be able to keep it. The seasoned players do not start their own colonies, they let you do it then take it. I entered 3 games, set up 6 colonies and lost 5 of them within minutes of the no attack protection expiring. This game is for people with large amounts of money to burn who don't mind paying a years worth of a subscription game's price for a month.
On Apr 29, 2006 Ice_Mage wrote:
Good game if you like 2D Sci-Fi games. Small community makes it easy to know other people and the customer service is good. Why? Bbecause they care. I gave most of the ratings a 9 or so. Give it a try - its free!
On Mar 5, 2006 MadAce wrote:
Now I will apologize to everyone reading this, this is partly a reply to what Starwynd wrote. But I couldn't let this pass. But do read, it containst valuable info about Starport. God... Starwynd. How backstabbing of you. Jeezes. People. Starwynd here (Ace ingame), is/was one of the best players around in Starport. He was/is capable od totally owning any server together with his buddies. But since the devs changed a few things to balance the overall game (indeed, it didn't go all that good, especially since we received no warning, but that's not gonna happen again) because there were permanent servers, something the community has been asking for for a very long time. And that needed balancing. Starwynd, how come you have been hooked to this game for so long (he's playing again, suposedly to watch someone elses empire, sure) and that you just bash it like that now? The community is small, but awesome. The graphics are 2D but very finished. The ved team is tiny but they care (YES THEY DO) and they tend to be honest. Ok, the forums did have some cencoring problems. Bu why not if you have 20+ threads all whining about the same thing, bashing game/devs/community with mindless insults and not really giving any solution. And when a sensible noob (Vadia) comes in and offers to mod and thus resolve many problems you start whining about HER, without offereing any solution. I can't deny that you lost a big part of your great empire, so did I, so did many players. But in the end we'll adapt, because this game is even better now. Yes... drama. I know. Just a small taste of it. But in the end I think the community is great and manages to maintain a wonderfull and open atmosphere despite the fact that SGE is hardcore PvP. Well to finish: SGE (Starport: Galactic Empires) is a very hard game, and you'll meet many dissapointments when trying it. And like many before you will quit out of frustration. But if you don't then you must have realised that even tho you got owned, you eventualy grow, had loads of fun, got to live out your megalomanic dreams. And of course you'll meet wonderfull people, like myself ;) . Please give it a try. Build an empire, lose it and then when you're feeling down, try again. I promise you it will go better. When you see me on the forums or ingame, give me a shout. I'll see if I can help you get started.
On Feb 18, 2006 starwynd43 wrote:
The game is listed as completed and finished. However it is in a state of perpetual beta. Regardless of feedback and with no warning everything you own or work for in the game can be destroyed. With no reason or support given when it happens. Outdated graphics, no new gameplay elements for over a year, and a terrible community. The games forums are managed with an iron fist, and any comment bad or negative about the game, even in a simple suggestion is deleted and potentially a bannable offense. A huge waste of time.
On Feb 8, 2006 Ragosch wrote:
This game is 2D with outdated graphics and it seems to be a quite simple game at first ... but it isnt that simple as it seems and if you spend some hours or even days to get involved into the game you will get addicted ... surprisingly fast, especially when you read the Starport forum first to get an idea of what the game is like ... it is a perl like EVE ... not that shiny as EVE but with a very special and very good balanced gameplay.
On Nov 5, 2005 LordMagnus wrote:
A very good game. Who cares about graphics?
On Oct 21, 2005 Ruskendrul wrote:
Let me just say that I rather pay NOT playing this again
On Oct 19, 2005 ScrooU2 wrote:
I really dont no why but im strangely addicted to this game....the graphics sux and the only music is when you first login and thats it......the community is sometimes helpful but sometimes not
On Aug 30, 2005 DemonZealot wrote:
SNES graphics, no Role-playing (not even a crappy storyline), horrible community, and almost no customer service to speak of. Fun game though =)
On Aug 1, 2005 AeAmun wrote:
Some Graphic problem, not easily role played... but the game is fun as heck! It gets you hooked and best of all, you get to decide when you want to donate :). I think this game is a must try! If you like it say Amun brought ya ;) put in a good word so Toonces likes me.
On Jul 23, 2005 JTuong wrote:
The community in the game is bad. No one is willing to help anyone
On May 11, 2005 Rayde wrote:
I am strangely drawn to this game. The graphics are poor, the gameplay is somewhat slow, its not a well balanced game but its so much fun you look past all the glitches and other problems the game might have. this is a must have besides its free.
On May 5, 2005 txrex wrote:
Fun game. The best free game out there. The graphics arent good but the game play is good. The only bad thing is that there arent that many players. Sometimes it can have a single player feel. But try it out, what do you have to lose?
On Jan 10, 2005 Worf wrote:
Price is right but the graphics are 10+ years in the past. :)
On Nov 25, 2004 Spoonthieve wrote:
This game kind of reminded me of a 2D eve, as you did courier type missions and basically set your autopilot to your destination and let it do the flying. Very good for a free game, and always fun to see your rankings shoot up after pk'ing or doing some missions. I recommend this game if you are looking for an mmorpg without having to pay, but this game will never compete with the big boys.
On Nov 3, 2004 DA_MadAce wrote:
Starport is, if you try a litlle, one of the best free mmorpg's available. Offcourse in my humble opinion. The graphics are 2D but finished with dinamic lighting and cool effects. For noob's it's easy to catch up on the big guys thanks to the meany ways to make money. Hauling goods, starting colonies, doing taxi-missions (recently impleneted by the makers and VERY lucrative, more kinds of missions to come) , doing bounty-missions, pirating or just looting colonies. Altough most "games" last +/- 14 days you run in the same people. But this is one of the few downsides of the game. Starport is just not known so most of the games tend to be rater empty. Despite the cool sf-feeling. Another downside are the missed corporation-oportuneties. In most games you can only form corporations of about 4 players, maybe becouse of the small number of players. Also there aren't enough pro's about being in a corp. It gives some posibilities but most players are not corp-minded or just make a corp for their own. Missed chances... In general a realy nice mmorpg, and remember IT'S FREE. Try it out and try a litlle, maybe your in for a nice suprise. And to finish, Starport is one of the few games with an immense player-developer contact. Porblems poping up on the boards get fixed in the next patch and even ideas are implementd as quickly as possible...
On Oct 31, 2004 Ragemaster wrote:
After dumping UO to play this game I have to say im very impressed. Iv always stood away from the "garage game" or cheap manufacture type games, but not any more. Spaceport changed all that. THIS is very good free mmorpg. Good 2d graphics, decent sound, VERY addictive gameplay. Despite its seemingly simple gameplay it is very deep game. VERY competitive, no room for care bears here. Lots of pvp, perfect blend of shooter and strategy. If you pass the game over for its graphics than your an arrogant fool. Give this game a try, you wont be dissapointed!
On Oct 23, 2004 dinnerbone wrote:
the best game, recommended for people who like star trek! Warning: Its addictive!
On Sep 29, 2004 lazydeath wrote:
fun game, i'm addact'd
On Sep 17, 2004 LordVanidor wrote:
One of the best online games I've played to date. More entertaining than EVE on so many levels. Reminds alot of Starflight. This is a perfect blend of shooter and strategy. One minor note is that once you get serious about playing this game you may want to donate 5$ to help get going at the beginning of each game.
On Sep 10, 2004 Ipps wrote:
Great game, and it's constantly getting better!
On Aug 30, 2004 Tempunaut wrote:
This is a great free game that has a good community and addictive gameplay.
On Aug 29, 2004 Dasani wrote:
This is a great game! The graphics are 2D but it is what it says, Free. It's your choice to pay or you can play without paying. I really enjoy the game play, and the community is fairly helpful. I suggest you give it a try!
On Aug 17, 2004 Adm.Ich wrote:
U spend here more money than a monthly fee game :(
On Aug 11, 2004 DarqueLord wrote:
A old school type game with a slighty newer twist. A decent game to waste a few hours on while waiting for the server to reload on your favorite mmorpg.
On Aug 8, 2004 Drafell wrote:
It's good, but not great.
On Aug 7, 2004 satarell wrote:
good thing about this game is it is free i wouldnt pay for it that is for shure

On Aug 6, 2004 Shadowlord10 wrote:
Game is very very old like so the graphics aren't too great. There really is no music behind the game, cept a few sound effects here and there. People do roleplay which is nice to see, but when you only have 14 ppl on, it is hard to really get into the game much. I guess i like more ppl. No lag though, but that is probably because of the age of the game and no ppl on the servers. It isn't a bad game to play for free, so take a look. On Jul 28, 2004 Zokk wrote:
Awesome little game.
On Jul 27, 2004 Dewfire wrote:
This is a very fun game once you get to palying it, good community as you will run into the same faces often enough. Best of all its Free! Excellent game to fill the spare time you have between mainstream MMORPG's and downtime in them.
On Jun 24, 2004 JanstheMan wrote:
Excellent game for the money ($0). I love it.
On Jun 19, 2004 Jakal wrote:
Stupid trolls, EQ2 is in no way shape or form related to this game...
On Jun 2, 2004 OrcSwitch wrote:
this game looks like garbage, EQ2 is going to own this crap
On Jun 1, 2004 meQal wrote:
For a free game, PlayTechtonics Inc. has put a lot of work and effort into it. It is a rather impresive game for it's value. As a rule, most free games are low quality and dull. This is the exception to that rule. The game is fun and adictive at times. It offers a good PvP, group and solo play for all gamers. It is one of the best space fantasy games around.
On May 26, 2004 treb12001 wrote:
Great game! Nice intuitive control and gameplay, great for the casual gamer! Awesome support from creators!
On May 23, 2004 Toonces wrote:
More fun than a barrel o' monkeys
On Apr 20, 2004 brihtwulf wrote:
Oh, it's free, that means it's worth it. Oh, wait, no it doesn't! The game stinks, period. It's boring, has bad graphics and sound, and no roleplay or community. Waste of time, even if it is free. On Apr 15, 2004 nghunter wrote:
A great platform for gaming and strategy. As more people sign up and play, the better the game will become. Innovative and interesting.
On Apr 11, 2004 grimweeper wrote:
its pretty good but you will be confused for about 3 hours before you get whats going on and if you whant a free mmorpg i think is worth it
On Apr 11, 2004 LapCat wrote:
Engrossing. Well worth the download.
On Apr 3, 2004 chinesewaterboy wrote:
great game and its free to boot
On Apr 3, 2004 yordash wrote:
It may look antiquated and outdated graphically but it is much more fun than its dated look.
On Apr 2, 2004 Poetstear wrote:
Reasonably decent game,kept interesting through the 2 weeks per game principle.Unfortunately I have to agree,dividing the playerbase in with/without donations might turn this into a game dominated by those with very little time/cash to donate frequently,which to my opinion is hazardous to long running community value.
On Apr 1, 2004 Gnarled wrote:
Kudos to them for making it free and decent looking for 2D. Now how's the gameplay ? That dude's name is Toonces, from SNL. . .bwaahahahahah. . . Good: Apparently games have a two-week timeframe and are "winnable" Bad: By donating you can get character extras, which creates a de facto RL class system
On Mar 31, 2004 mudswirv wrote:
looks ok
On Mar 31, 2004 numatic wrote:
Looks like RO in space. I suppose being free it gets a 4.

Green is a positive player review, red a negative one.

What does the press think about StarPort...

http://www.freewarefiles.com/program_1_24_16761.html

4/5

http://www.shareup.com/Starport_Galacti ... 40668.html

5/5 NOT USER RANKING!

But there's more sites that rank the game high than just Tucows and Topshareware.

http://www.download.com/Starport-Galact ... 55276.html

4/5

http://www.mpogd.com/games/game.asp?ID=2304

10/10

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/star ... mpires.htm

5/5 NOT USER RANKING!

http://freeware.brothersoft.com/games/s ... 43526.html

5/5 NOT USER RANKING!

http://www.gameogre.com/reviewdirectory ... mpires.php

7/10

http://www.softplatz.com/Soft/Games/Onl ... pires.html

5/5

http://www.bluesofts.com/download/621/3 ... pires.html

EDITORS CHOICE

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/star ... icempires/

7.2/10

http://www.freewarebox.com/free_3182_st ... nload.html

5/5

http://www.download3000.com/download_11955.html

5/5

7.1 (which is good for MMORPG.com)

Weyoun

Post by Weyoun » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:02 pm

This is another example of people trying to blame their inability to adapt with a changing game universe and bitching about it.

All those people that claim spending a fortune on Tokens is an absolute necessity... it's not. you can earn, legitimately, everything you can buy with admiral tokens. I played for a long time before I started buying tokens, and only spent them because I enjoyed playing (this brings up a different topic all together of people who complain and complain and complain but refuse to actually quit the game, just continue playing so they can complain some more, but anyway...)... And I spend roughly $10 per paycheck... I hardly call this a fortune... Maybe I'll just eat at McDonalds two times less that pay-period... gah...

Phase
Location: Invading your colony wile you waste time reading the forum.

Post by Phase » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:52 am

I cannot write a review there... otherwise i would... it might go something like this:

this game is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awsome it will make your EYES BLEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is soo fun that your fingers will fall off and youll play with your feet! the community in this game is one of the best out there full of helpful and friendly people. you will NOT find a game this good that doesnt have a monthly fee. this game is FREE. you have the option to donate which allows you to get extra things such as weapons of mass destruction, but this is not neccicary to win or to play. at the beginning it may be a bit monotonous, but after about a day or two you are in so deep that you cant stop thinking about the game. hence, its addicting. also known as starcrack. the player community is also growing, the game is getting better every minute, patches are being added, bugs are going away, and best of all you dont need a T6358697 internet connection to play without lag, even people on dialup dont get too much lag compared to other games. people wil even do things for you just for the sake of being nice.

if anyone wants to post that for me go ahead :P

joebloe

Post by joebloe » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:58 am

Most of that is pure whining, but if there's one deep truth, it's that Toonces has no hugging clue about players (customers) or customer service. Apparently he also has no clue that he has no clue.

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:16 am

Chocolate icecream is the best!!!! :wink:

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:45 am

Buying tokens is no way necessary to suceed. I play without tokens but there are certain things within the game that have existed ever since it was released that I did not like. The hauling resources around to build colonies and make really blows, I should be able to set my autopilot to do that crap for me and leave it for half an hour. Pollution would probably be fine if the accumulation rate was halved. I can't go on Holidays or my entire base will be gone when I come back. Mega suckage.

Now this "adapting" to the new gameplay crap seems wrong. Some vets have been playing since the beginning because obviously it was a fun game. But the new patches, mainly pollution and shields (Don't gimme BBQ about gravity patch no one flies around on gas giants that often anyway) really make doing things a chore and it just isn't fun anymore.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:49 am

joebloe wrote:Most of that is pure whining, but if there's one deep truth, it's that Toonces has no hugging clue about players (customers) or customer service. Apparently he also has no clue that he has no clue.
Indeed Toonces doesn't care.

How long have we been asking to lower the monthly fee? How long have we been asking for a reduction of all those damned adds and pop ups?
I admit that servers cost money, but it would be courtious of him to release the seth and ISC for normal credits too!
Or at least get rid of the advertisement in the forums!

Yes, limiting PvP to certain fixed hours brought in heaps of players... But the Runescape kind of players!
Perhaps make tokens tradeable ingame for ingame money? Yes, it would reduce his token revenue a bit but... I dunno, i'm getting the impression he only cares about the money!

Ok, I'm willing to pay tho. But why doesn't he spend some time balancing the game? Since perma's were added (for a reasonable price I must say) money has been plentyfull on servers. Some even say that a colony with 10000 nukes isn't fair. And how about people who build an empire and then just leave the server? Shouldn't there be some kind of penalty for that?
Finding sollutions for this might upset some people, or maybe a lot of people, who knows.
Perhaps Toonces is just affraid to take risks. :?
A bit sad, this game started out so promising.

(In case you're thinking "WTF?!", the above little text wasn't sarcasm. I'm a big fan of alternate history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_history and the above post seems to come from a timeline in which Toonces went all the way for money and didn't care, thus getting in big bucks but abandoning players like us)

joebloe

Post by joebloe » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:58 am

MadAce wrote:
joebloe wrote:Most of that is pure whining, but if there's one deep truth, it's that Toonces has no hugging clue about players (customers) or customer service. Apparently he also has no clue that he has no clue.
Indeed Toonces doesn't care....

(In case you're thinking "WTF?!", the above little text wasn't sarcasm. I'm a big fan of alternate history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternate_history and the above post seems to come from a timeline in which Toonces went all the way for money and didn't care, thus getting in big bucks but abandoning players like us)
If the great majority of people don't think he cares, he doesn't care. Not only does perception become reality, but in this case it is reality.

When "we want fun in the game" becomes a lockable thread, he's not the only one who doesn't care. Holy BBQ, have you stepped back to ponder how much tedious unfun crap there is in the game? I resourced 20 or 30 smashers and 5k domes the past 2 nights. If that's so fun and happy-making, I'll let you pay me for the privilege of doing it for me next time.

I enjoy playing anyway, but I could enjoy it a lot more. It's satisfying as a way to sublimate kicking my dog.*

The Driving Cat doesn't listen to "make it more fun." Ignoring a bunch of I love puppies whining is one thing, but the stuff that makes you smile and go "gee whiz that's cool!" isn't happening. Zoomable radar is okay but it doesn't quite give me a stiffy.

*Actually, I don't have a dog. SGE keeps me from slapping babies instead.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:44 am

Who's the most stupid person.

Toonces for supposidly not caring, or you who keeps playing that horrible game?

And read the rest of that post. I'm saying if he wouldn't care he would have taken a somewhat different course.

And you giving that BBQ of the majority being right? What's that I love puppies?

If the majority was always "right" then we'd still be living in trees.

Weyoun

Post by Weyoun » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:39 am

Here Here! Long live SGE, and long live Toonces! If you like the game, then play it. If you don't, then quit. To quote a great man... "Kwitcherbitchin." :P

joebloe

Post by joebloe » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:28 am

MadAce wrote:Who's the most stupid person.

Toonces for supposidly not caring, or you who keeps playing that horrible game?

And read the rest of that post. I'm saying if he wouldn't care he would have taken a somewhat different course.

And you giving that BBQ of the majority being right? What's that I love puppies?

If the majority was always "right" then we'd still be living in trees.
Who said anyone was stupid? Who said the game was horrible? Why do you think I didn't read the post? I don't have time or brains to read a couple hundred words? :P

And, yeah, I think it's important for the majority to like the game. Maybe this game would have 10x the players if the game were more "right" for them.

Is he killing the game off? I dunno, but maybe he should let it live a little.

Mattaf

Post by Mattaf » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:28 am

Is toonces killing off starport? Up until yesterday, I would have said no. Then I discovered that if you don't log on for 24 hours then you loose xp and apparently money as well. Has he ever heard of things such as a "vacation" or a "computer breakdown" or a "general 'too busy with work to play starport'"?!? If you're gonna take away all our h\rd earned xp and cash for going on holiday or for having a computer breakdown, or just being too damned busy, then you too can be well on the way to killing your game! :roll:

Dolphin

Post by Dolphin » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:47 am

Are you dead serious? Inactive for more than 24 hrs and you start losing all your cash and experience? Thats lame. This period should atleast be a week or so.

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:21 am

Yeah its dieing.

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:00 pm

Dolphin wrote:Are you dead serious? Inactive for more than 24 hrs and you start losing all your cash and experience? Thats lame. This period should atleast be a week or so.
I lost cash + exp after 10h of not logging on to DF, hell I only logged in for 2 min to check if anyone read about the G.R.E and wanted my colonies, the next morning I found myself with less exp and more importantly, with 10 million $ less (partily bank and partly person, I had 100 million on me and 100 million in the bank about 10h earlier).

Perma, perma, perma, perma, BOOM.

Nightmare

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:45 pm

Relentless wrote:Yeah its dieing.
Sadly it doesn't take you with it when dieing.

:(

Maybe something for a next patch.

Spectre

subject

Post by Spectre » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:52 pm

This is a post for everyone who thinks the game sucks and is dieing.

First GO hug YOURSELF!!

Secondly quit

Thrid quit the forums too

Fourth GO hug YOURSELF!!!

Fifth Dont post bad reviews on other forums and sites.

Sixth BLOW ME!!!

Seventh have a nice day bitches

P.S. Toonces thank you for this game that I enjoy so much.

Darn, unfriendly post.
Keep replies civil please. :)

-MadAce-

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:31 pm

Spectre, shut up.

Other people have a right to their opinion on things, and as theyve played the game a LOT longer than you, those opinions are the result of more information than yours is.

Something that you dont seem to understand is that criticism is a necessary part of any business or product, if someone never hears about flaws or problems with something, they have no information they can use to improve it or resolve problems.

Another thing, the ONLY reason anyone would bother to post on the forums, especially negatively, is if they liked the game or want to like it in the future. Posting criticism/whines/rants/whatever is a result of dissatisfaction and a desire to be satisfied instead.

Some people tend to think, and i agree to a certain extent, that toonces isnt really motivated towards customer/player satisfaction. As forum complaints dont seem to change this, posting reviews are their way of attempting to use a system that he will actually be motivated by. Also as a way of providing more complete information to potential players. A balanced perspective, more information always helps. There are plenty of good reviews there and if someone wishes to see the good things about starport(and there are still some good things left right now), they can.

Lastly, posts like yours dont accomplish anything. By this Im referring to your first, fourth, sixth, and seventh points especially but also to your second, fifth and third to a lesser extent.

Thavy

Post by Thavy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:33 pm

dude spectre i wanst trying to prove anything i was just merely stating that this game could be on the verge of dying soon...........I WANTED TO PREVENT THAT

i was being civil and asking everyones opinions to see if they think the game is dieing and you go off and say "GO F* yourself"

and sadly your arnt very civilized spectre

if you want to critisize someone......im sure you can do it more civilized that what you did just now..........

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:36 pm

SGE has actually more players than ever.

Thavy

Post by Thavy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:39 pm

MadAce wrote:SGE has actually more players than ever.
true....but if any more of these negative patches come out (although i really dont mind them at all) people will drop like flies do to a bug zapper

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:42 pm

Thavy wrote:
MadAce wrote:SGE has actually more players than ever.
true....but if any more of these negative patches come out (although i really dont mind them at all) people will drop like flies do to a bug zapper
Remember the crash a few days ago?

Then there were more people on the forums than during the pollution patches days.

The 250 people online mark was achieved after the pollution patches and after the weapons limiting patch.

Thavy

Post by Thavy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:46 pm

well then........what do we propose to do then.........how do we help toonces out so he makes his game a SMASHING hit???? how do we motivate him to actually do alot of changes to the game (meaning impliment a few of those ideas in engineering, bug fixes, and permaverse/rebang servers)

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:50 pm

I think it's up to Toonces.

He has to give us some feedback.

I virtually stopped making ideas (tho I have enough to make a few winning mmo's) because I don't know what he wants, or how far he's willing to go.

It's up to him.

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:25 pm

MadAce wrote:
Relentless wrote:Yeah its dieing.
Sadly it doesn't take you with it when dieing.

:(

Maybe something for a next patch.
If anything; it would and should be you who should be taken with the dieing game. I'd like to see a clean un-polluted starport without some guy going up Toonces rear.

KUKA
2009 Double Champion

Post by KUKA » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:33 pm

KUKA would like to say he has left the game because life got too busy, or because he was trying to kick a habit. KUKA would like to say that when he reads the forums it sounds like the game has gotten better and that the trend of pissing people off has been reversed, but the opposite is true.

It does not matter if the number of people playing has never been higher, because no-one knows what the number of people who WOULD have still been playing could have been if an attitude of "let's take the tedium out, and add fun gameplay elements" had been adopted. Heck, KUKA would have even been satisfied with "we won't do anything about the tedium, and instead will just add fun gameplay elements". Unfortunately, none of that can be said.

There will be the perpetual fan club bitches who endorse everything, and there will be the perpetual whiners who have a I love you man! about everything. But speaking as someone who had a lot of fun with this game for a long time - through a LOT of changes - and now has no more energy to be disappointed anymore, it is a true shame that there could not have been more universally applauded changes (ex. holdings detailed management) rather than the huge number of nerfing changes (ex. pollution, nuke limits, gravity, etc.).

Is it really that hard to come up with changes that improve the game for everyone?