27%
www.stardock.com
10%
www.starportforever.com
13%

Total votes: 48

Swordremains

Post by Swordremains » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:59 am

I'm trying to understand why my last post was deleted :shock: . Ah well, and yeah we'll still go through with this once my domain service responds...

MelkoR

Post by MelkoR » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:48 pm

no, i dont care although that was gay, we already have a forum, and a website, and everyone who was making it left..

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:50 pm

I'm still here.

Swordremains

Post by Swordremains » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:02 pm

I am here was well!

I don't care about these gay forums that have the worst security issues and if a hacker really wanted could mess them up.

And the official website has NOTHING on it, yeah... a few screenshots, a download, and a FAQ, BIG DEAL!

Our website will offer anything a starport player could think of.

Our Forums will be user friendly, and have entertaining features that some members will probably enjoy.

Your just mad because... hmm well... we don't want you to mod! I already asked some people to mod and I have more-then-enough.

Mattaf

Post by Mattaf » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:23 am

I'm still here!

And our website might have a LIVE stream version of Starport FM! :wink:

Swordremains

Post by Swordremains » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:42 pm

I weep at the fact, that a dev un-stickied this topic.

They clearly do not wish to gain and inform players, and that fact hurts me, and now for the un-dieing truth.

The Devs don't care about you, or me, or anyone accept for themselves and their rampage to gain money. This will be Starports greatest downfall.

With this post, I clear an comfirm that I am now leaving starport, and moving onto a game I'd like to call EVE-Online.

Turkey

Post by Turkey » Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:08 am

Well a sticky is a bit much for a fansite IMO, especially one that doesn't actually exist yet. Once it does, put a link to it in the Starport Links thread, and you'll be set :wink:

Mattaf

Post by Mattaf » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:36 am

Sword! DON'T LEAVE! :cry:

Staker

Re: New Starport Site! NOW A POLL!

Post by Staker » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:02 am

MadAce wrote:Well, we're at it again.

Swordremains, I, Mattaf and 2K are making a new Starport site that will make all the other ones look like horse-BBQ. No offense.

The site will feature immense amounts of information about Starport and we aim it to be usefull for everyone.

We would like to unite all the talents of the people who previously worked on numerous sites, forums and even a podcast!

At the moment we are struggling with which name we should register.

There are a few options for the name:

-www.starportvault.com

-www.starportzone.com

-www.sgeinsider.com

Or any names that resemble that idea.
Got any suggestions or favourites? In a few days, we'll vote on the best one.

POLL IS ONLY 48 HOURS!!
Stardock is taken btw.

It is a company that establishes games like a game I came from called "Stellar Frontier" or another one that many a few have heard "Galatic Civilizations"

Swordremains

Post by Swordremains » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:11 pm

Your avatar reminds me of Warcraft 3... :P

And I didn't put Stardock on there, it wasn't my idea either.

Besides, I'd be wasting more time on this bloody website, then actually enjoying myself, which hasn't happend in a long while.

I guess this gives me an excuss to just go relax, the server is pretty much totaled and I don't think it could do a single thing, without some major skill, which, I am a newb with.

For reasons unknown I just couldn't connect to it from a computer outside my network, after working for a week, and it still now working my pride was shot, I really don't know what I want to do... maybe I don't want to host it on my own server, but an actually webhost... temp of course... and it would be a week or 2 before I put a domain name onto it...

What do you guys think?

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:14 pm

Why not. But I would rather have that the site went online once it's finished and has some nice content.

Staker

Post by Staker » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:37 pm

Swordremains wrote:Your avatar reminds me of Warcraft 3... :P

And I didn't put Stardock on there, it wasn't my idea either.

Besides, I'd be wasting more time on this bloody website, then actually enjoying myself, which hasn't happend in a long while.

I guess this gives me an excuss to just go relax, the server is pretty much totaled and I don't think it could do a single thing, without some major skill, which, I am a newb with.

For reasons unknown I just couldn't connect to it from a computer outside my network, after working for a week, and it still now working my pride was shot, I really don't know what I want to do... maybe I don't want to host it on my own server, but an actually webhost... temp of course... and it would be a week or 2 before I put a domain name onto it...

What do you guys think?

It is from WC3 :).

Silurian

Post by Silurian » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:12 am

::contemplates making a site too::