Solar Cannons

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

CaptainKangaroo
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Solar Cannons

Post by CaptainKangaroo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:07 am

Solar Cannons need to be reverted back to when we could invade normally and throw the solar, it has become ridiculous just to invade easy colonies solo.

I understand that the Solars were adjusted for Classic Homeworlds 2 but at this point nobody plays that server, it was a nice idea but everyone else that plays other servers should not be punished for one server.

Unless you have at least two people it's a complete waste of time trying to invade solo, as a result of the added difficulty invading you have builders that do not have anything to worry about. Also if you get planets invaded unless you have multiple players to help you recap the invaded colony it is futile to even try.

Nobody cares about Classic Homeworlds 2, please roll back the game to how it used to be. Worked fine for 15 years, no reason to have changed it just for one server.

PhAraOH

Re: Solar Cannons

Post by PhAraOH » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:29 am

Hi guys

space88blue

Post by space88blue » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:58 am

Back in my day you could solo-wipe empires and you still had to invest time but ... you also had to fight players actively on their colonies and it was possible now none of that happens it's all gang-bangs and 20 people flying together bored out of their tree wondering who is going to "win a perma" man when I played I was just happy I won a battle and war even.

3 months of playing under 'peace' so boring and pollution everywhere was horrible I am happy we've reduced pollution since then but it's a little extreme to demand resources to keep pollution at bay I mean it's genius yes but... what if the pollution rate was manageable every eight weeks and people could invade empires again ? Colonies shouldn't die for pollution I aggree and it's awesome you can be a pirate but it's harder to remain Good so it's like are we all inherently bad?

Increase warp fuel to land on a planet increase the max of warp fuel and change the numbers around to find a new balance IMHO :) Let sbalrog or someone do some math for you :)

Mac10

Post by Mac10 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:20 pm

:D the good old days lots of fun .. How is everyone these days..??.?.

angelizer

Post by angelizer » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:31 am

Whats a good server nowadays for someone who might be thinking about coming back ?

Lookingglass

Post by Lookingglass » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:31 am

Golden Age 2 is good.