starport game review (PAX)

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Post Reply
User avatar
Biodome
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:37 am
Location: Athens-Greece

starport game review (PAX)

Post by Biodome » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:16 am

i was visiting my favorite game and i tested a bit 75days long Pax server :mrgreen:

that server is right now @ day 55
all earths are taken and whats left is some oceans and almost any other planet type

for those 10-12 players are playing there are lots of followers and xp and secured rank and
of course almost nothing really interesting left to do - like a mini perma thing

i am out of game for 6-7 years and i came back for a bit with hope for improvements really

race/profession problem hits hard this good game leaving a straight 'grind to win' strategy at
pax games for sure / i am talking about EARTH=win situation i faced im my recent visit

earths and oceans was always key planet types to build BUT there was great advantages to take
mixing with almost any other planet type / now it is simply not efficient to build anything else

i tried to build in a system i found 1 ocean and a good port ,some other planet types and i was
lucky enough to achieve (permanent?) BAN because of haggling???? - so there was finally some
good use of planet types like arctic,rocky and volcanic within that system

**** i will continue this boring thread later because i am old tired and a bit sad about future
**** of a GREAT game - welcome comments and greetings from old friends anytime :twisted:

User avatar
Fr0nTLiNe
Posts: 572
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:03 am
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Fr0nTLiNe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:13 pm

cant belive you even bothered playing again Bio...all your saying is what we all know already starport is dead

User avatar
Biodome
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:37 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Biodome » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:15 pm

starport is dead? :shock:

it was always sick and had no good health but ... DEAD?? :oops:

that is really very easy and convenient solution to all problems , and a very cheap way to pretend you say something important
what is the real problem? why people leaving this game? what people expect to find in a game like this? what kind of people
was playing this always-sick and unreliable game ? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? :mrgreen:

those 3-4 days i play i had about 3-4 disconnects per hour and windows messages saying report to microsoft blah blah bs
i discovered that hard and harsh haggle-ban ,it was like the game begging me : Quit Plz !!!

why i am still here? because i have faith ,because i can see a bit behind things and behind people's mind ,or at least i THINK i can :!:
one of many important qualities of human race is perseverance :shock: :shock: :shock: yep i can find great english words to write

--to be continued-- this will be my very very long non-sense thread (* i hope*)
PS:this is not attack on previous post ,posts are welcome and useful ,i cant talk with myself for long --- LETS play some CHATport here :D

User avatar
gamanche
Posts: 1319
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:25 am
Location: a-c-e

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by gamanche » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:10 am

build yourself a Mountain!

User avatar
D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by D-Tox1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:10 am

Hey there Bio - Old friend, nice too see you floating around Starport again. :D

You ( along with many of the pre 2008 Players) show concern over the Style and direction of Starport - The fact is...the DNA of the game was changed. :?
Too many adjustments were made too areas of the game that worked well - instead of fixing all the issues of the game that were working badly.
All those areas that beckoned us too play from the moment you got home til the moment you went too sleep - destroyed.
I believe the main areas of Starport that encouraged each of us too keep playing and play for long periods of time were :

1) Stability between the Build time, cost and effort too build a new planet - - - and the effort / teamwork required too invade it wasn't obscenely different ( now it takes one guy, $100k, zero warp fuel and 5 minutes. )
2) We used too play Starport with friends too crush leading Corperations - eg : EXP was important and meant you could target the number one Player too gain his Exp - meaning the number one Player was on edge and had a laugh knowing we were after him - dang we spent hours finding Players - Great Fun. - But this was all killed off so basically Player kills meant nothing - GREAT ADDITION eh :lol: .
3) No matter what anyone say's - EFFORT and TEAMWORK was what made this game great. Now its too simple a 3 year old could eat a Pizza and invade 5 Planets by the 5 time he'd eaten it. - You don't need friends too achieve anything on here - just a bank card and an hour will sort it. - in fact you don't need the bank card.
We used too spend months defeating large Corps and had fun Building Planets etc, because we knew it wouldn't take them one evening too wipe us off the server .
Bluntly - why spend 6 months Building an Empire if it crumbles in one evening by 2 guys/girls using zero warp fuel and Port Negs ?.
Anyway that's why the Starport Community has deteriorated .
You,( like myself ) loved this Epic game, sadly too much notice was taken by people that don't even play it anymore ! - just shows what they thought of their own ideas :lol:

Toxy

anito_ush
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by anito_ush » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:56 am

@ D-Tox:

1. your dead wrong for one person to invade a col so easily as you claim... come and see for yourself...
2. Player Kills is still the same... Ego driving boost for the victor... one pissed soreloser for the podded paper gangsta...
3. Team Play... Since i came back August 2014... Knights of Templars group has to MASS-UP ang GANG-UP on us just to have an ounce of chance in trying to beat the few but quality side of my group... They need their team play and we also need ours as well for this long running fight against them.

Yes, we love this game as well as bardock, stormy, biodome and so many other old players out there who returned... a guy claiming to be apocalypse that goes with so many names like methodman, oddball, bluntlighter, etcs is trying to be from NOBODY to SOMEBODY at my expense... jaja what a fool...

** bardock has returned and he has began the FFA events again... we held one and we enjoyed it...
** captarcher has made a great war with others and im enjoying being a part of it beating them down...
** and there are many jack donkey out there that needs to be put in their place... thats you presto, scar-face, demonside and your group of BBQ twats

User avatar
D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by D-Tox1 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:43 pm

anito_ush wrote:@ D-Tox:

1. your dead wrong for one person to invade a col so easily as you claim... come and see for yourself...
2. Player Kills is still the same... Ego driving boost for the victor... one pissed soreloser for the podded paper gangsta...
3. Team Play... Since i came back August 2014... Knights of Templars group has to MASS-UP ang GANG-UP on us just to have an ounce of chance in trying to beat the few but quality side of my group... They need their team play and we also need ours as well for this long running fight against them.

Yes, we love this game as well as bardock, stormy, biodome and so many other old players out there who returned... a guy claiming to be apocalypse that goes with so many names like methodman, oddball, bluntlighter, etcs is trying to be from NOBODY to SOMEBODY at my expense... jaja what a fool...

** bardock has returned and he has began the FFA events again... we held one and we enjoyed it...
** captarcher has made a great war with others and im enjoying being a part of it beating them down...
** and there are many jack donkey out there that needs to be put in their place... thats you presto, scar-face, demonside and your group of BBQ twats
Exactly the response i was expecting.
How do you create a war when theres like 10 people playing across ALL servers ?
My point in understanding why this games gone down the pan.
There's a larger customer base in Krispy Creme at 4am ( and theyre shut at 4am in UK ) :lol:
You need too face facts - how long and for what cost do you all need too see the damage done too Starport because of the attitude you have in convincing yourself its fine the way it is ... it isnt fine - its damn right awful.
I popped onto Permaverse earlier - first time in 3 months - landed on a colony with only Solar and no defs - i lagged out and died ... how long has THAT glitch been around.

Oh and Player kill exp ISNT the same as it was ... just shows your knowledge of the game when Broken Monkey - Oakenshield and all the other Corps were around.
And you say Team play ? ... you used too log onto a perma and see 30 plus playing it regularly - now its 2 or 3 ... so where does Teamwork come into invading someone who isnt on LOL.

anito_ush
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by anito_ush » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:16 am

its called: PESSIMISTIC has become D-Tox
and
im the OPTIMISTIC

2 permas has 10+ ppl average... i look at this shitty game with a chill attitude... "relax bro! why so serious?"

User avatar
D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by D-Tox1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:59 pm

Trust me Anito - i'm more relaxed now than iv'e ever been. :wink:

All i'm saying is Biodome has a point - he came back too Starport and kept being disconnected - and discovered he had been banned for haggling in a Port ? :lol:
Not exactly the best way too increase the Player base on here is it.
Too be honest - if Toonces banned every Player that did something wrong on here there would be only about 10 Players left on 2 servers ...... Oh hang on - he did and there are. ROFL.
A select few Players from about 3 years ago decided they wanted the game too accommodate their desire's - faster ships, Port Negs, Mods, Coloured Names and Ships, basically all the Bull they could think of - without thinking of what would increase ( or at least stabilize ) the Player base.
What made Starport great wasn't just because Invading was fun. it was because Building and everything else was fun ( and on a level playing field with Invading ) - invading in groups, because it was pretty hard solo or took longer, also Building was fun because you knew if you checked local systems and nobody was around the area - it would be bloody hard too invade without barging nukes. So Building was fun and worthwhile.
And because so many enjoyed it - friendships were built and Corperations and everyone loved it and came on all the time.
Kill one aspect - lose all the others.
Sad thing is even now - he's too damn stubborn too accept defeat and alter the game back too 4 or 5 years ago - give it 3 to 6 months and it'd be busy again.
All the good ideas were rejected because the guys giving it didn't buy enough tokens, so he listened too the idiots that bought tokens - hence losing all the Playerbase . And most of them quit after a few months cos the game got worse.
He tipped the scales too far between Building and Invading and didn't realise there was the same ( if not more ) Builders on here than there ever was Invaders.

anito_ush
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by anito_ush » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:26 pm

...word...

User avatar
Biodome
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:37 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Biodome » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:14 am

there is a little misunderstanding but even with two people conversation because
of my post i got what really happening in this game .

i like to see more people talking under the loose subject WHY this game f^*(&d ?

when i said banned it was not ban from playing the game...

i was waiting 6 days to get my main port accepting trade from me -- perhaps this
was way more than a simple dont-play ban :)

THANK you for playing this game for so long :)

Zangetsu
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Zangetsu » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:45 am

d-tox thats alot of BBQ right there lol for a start toonces cant make the game like it was them years ago, if he could he would have already done it by now
also hes currently working on a visual update and a config to windows 8 and alittle bit of content also 10 players? lol you prob havent logged on sge in a very long time to know how many ppl play, active or inactive there is around 200-700 players but some could be multis ofcourse and for the ppl bitching its because they cant do change and they now suck at sge its that simple.
GA or Hydra are the closest things to the old sge so play them ;)




Zangetstu/Ben1/DarkSide

User avatar
D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by D-Tox1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:07 pm

BBQ ?

iv'e popped on sporadically over past 12 months, and midweek ( one evening ) there's usually 18 people ( ish ) on across ALL Servers ( approximate time 7 pm ( GMT ) ). Lemme guess this is where you tell me it gets busier at 10 ? :D
You say " Active or Inactive " Players are around 200 - 700 ? There's a hell of a big difference between 200 and 700 :!: . Also who gives a toss about inactive Players :lol:
Games dead because of pathetic excuses, poor advice. The Forums used too be packed with Players and a reply too a comment would be done within 5 minutes ! - Forums are dead also.
There's about 50 active Players left - and that's being generous.

Zangetsu
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Zangetsu » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:36 pm

[11:33:43] There are 689 total characters in the galaxy. on ga so i believe 200-700 is correct and there is around 30 ppl on right now and its 22:35 so ya it does get busier around 10 ;P just because everyone isnt on at same time would be good if they was but it wont happen

User avatar
Biodome
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:37 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Biodome » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:21 am

when i was searching to find a good game to play in my free time i had some pointers about what a good game looks like

a forum with no posts ,except mine, is the best proof for my final verdict

game is dead - RIP and thank you for keeping me busy when i was in need to waste some of my free time :)

-----------------------------b1odome was there-------------------------------
---to my friends i wish best in life always-----------------------------------
there are 700 total characters in this galaxy but there is not even one or two left :) :roll:
low-lifes took over this great game -- some of good people still around but they suffer a lot -- //

User avatar
Lookingglass
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:49 am
Location: In a Pepsi truck Doing the Dew.
Contact:

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Lookingglass » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:56 pm

Zangetsu wrote:[11:33:43] There are 689 total characters in the galaxy. on ga so i believe 200-700 is correct and there is around 30 ppl on right now and its 22:35 so ya it does get busier around 10 ;P just because everyone isnt on at same time would be good if they was but it wont happen
Total characters per galaxy does not mean active characters dtox is referring to active player base which is about maybe 50 at the most you also have to realize that half of the people online are just people who don't log off thereby artificially raising the online character amount since Toonces got rid of the inactivity timer which you know... EVERY game has, though I think it was in an attempt to make the game look more active then it is or a big token buyer asked him to do it so they would be less likely to be invaded. There are many reasons that the game has become stagnant the for mentioned though if you look at the numbers another major cause of the pkayerbase decline besides for bad patches and such was actually the server deletions(permanent servers my donkey Toonces) some of the servers that he deleted actually had some activity on them but just weren't making the token sales he wanted so many people decided to just not come back because of it. The idea many forum goers thought if with the server deletions was oh more people per server which could have worked if Toonces had devised a method to merge the servers but deleting then entirely make anyone that played the servers have to rebuild and many of them had spent much time and effort they felt it wasn't worth it to go through it all again. So that is another reason for population decline.

User avatar
D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion
Posts: 506
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:01 pm

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by D-Tox1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:49 pm

Lookingglass wrote:
Zangetsu wrote:[11:33:43] There are 689 total characters in the galaxy. on ga so i believe 200-700 is correct and there is around 30 ppl on right now and its 22:35 so ya it does get busier around 10 ;P just because everyone isnt on at same time would be good if they was but it wont happen
Total characters per galaxy does not mean active characters dtox is referring to active player base which is about maybe 50 at the most you also have to realize that half of the people online are just people who don't log off thereby artificially raising the online character amount since Toonces got rid of the inactivity timer which you know... EVERY game has, though I think it was in an attempt to make the game look more active then it is or a big token buyer asked him to do it so they would be less likely to be invaded. There are many reasons that the game has become stagnant the for mentioned though if you look at the numbers another major cause of the pkayerbase decline besides for bad patches and such was actually the server deletions(permanent servers my donkey Toonces) some of the servers that he deleted actually had some activity on them but just weren't making the token sales he wanted so many people decided to just not come back because of it. The idea many forum goers thought if with the server deletions was oh more people per server which could have worked if Toonces had devised a method to merge the servers but deleting then entirely make anyone that played the servers have to rebuild and many of them had spent much time and effort they felt it wasn't worth it to go through it all again. So that is another reason for population decline.
Amen. great too see you buddy,

So ... to take the game in the right direction he needs too address his errors and try too rectify them and accommodate the game for Players that don't necessarily have too buy Tokens all the time, and find a happy medium with Player base and Token Sales i guess.
Personally i still think he needs too make Building worthwhile again, he's demolished it tbh, and made it " Invader Friendly" - this might bring some back.

anito_ush
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by anito_ush » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:26 am

great to see you dtox!

User avatar
cheeser
Posts: 478
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:08 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by cheeser » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:12 am

Always a pleasure to see you, D-tox and biodome! :mrgreen:

cheeers

User avatar
Caia
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:15 pm

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Caia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:38 am

The game has changed since 2004. I haven't played in years, so I won't comment on that. However, its still the same game at its base. This isn't a bad thing, as it was lots of fun for lots of people.

...10 years ago.

Toonces was one of the first to embrace free to play. And he did it well. However, things have changed. FtP are a dime a dozen these days. And they have a full time staff adding content monthly -- sometimes weekly. The player base has all gone to greener pastures. To be fair, there's no way Toonces or even ten Toonces could keep up with the onslaught of competition.

At this point, unless the game was completely overhauled and content was added on a fairly decent schedule, the game is on life support. There's always going to be a few people playing. And enough buying tokens to keep the server up. But the glory days are long gone.

User avatar
Biodome
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:37 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Biodome » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:54 pm

zombiE shouts : yay i think i played a decent paxBB round !!

three weeks to go and i guess iv done enough this round
in reality iv done less than any other time i played but scores are high enough

final xp will be over 100mil , rep will go at 15mil , average morale a bit less than 1500 empire-wide
a totaly boring endgame for almost 40 days with just stupid polution runs ...

>> END?

<b1odomagedon.jr>
:mrgreen:

User avatar
victor95
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by victor95 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:15 pm

Sorry for making a dumb question, but this game still alive? I cant even connect the screen keeping saying "Looking for update", I am just searching my own past :)

User avatar
Biodome
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:37 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Biodome » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:05 am

@victor95

if you run windows xp on your computer try to read and follow

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21850&p=269987&hili ... xp#p269987

:mrgreen: good luck >

anito_ush
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by anito_ush » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:37 am

get win 7, prob solved

User avatar
victor95
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by victor95 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:24 am

But on windows 7 it even load... it just keep saying Looking for game updates 4 ever... :(

anito_ush
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by anito_ush » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:16 am

can u do a fresh install of your win 7?
Is your internet connection good?

cause the problem is not in the game its in your computer...

User avatar
Biodome
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:37 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Biodome » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:54 am

there is not problem with computer and/or windows for our friend victor95...

problem lies inside his head really

how to fak someone's post for fun 101 :mrgreen:

nice try really >>

anito_ush
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by anito_ush » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:38 am

hey biodome, care to come chat me at Golden Age, i got lots of things to talk to you. its me, anito. my name is USH there.
Stands for UnSungHeroes

User avatar
victor95
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by victor95 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:16 am

Biodome wrote:there is not problem with computer and/or windows for our friend victor95...

problem lies inside his head really

how to fak someone's post for fun 101 :mrgreen:

nice try really >>
No offense, but my brother and I, WE have the same problem with different internet provider, so how is it in my head... I don't know :cry:

User avatar
Biodome
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:37 am
Location: Athens-Greece

Re: starport game review (PAX)

Post by Biodome » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:20 am

:D

Post Reply