General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

-Muffin-

New Permarverse: Shuriken

Post by -Muffin- » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:36 am

Shuriken is live.

Server features include:

ONLY 105 SYSTEMS! (25 non-UN per arm)
No mods. (Extra cargo hold limits on Merchant Cruiser, Galaxy Whale, and Dreamsower)
3 players per corp
1 IGP
0 Black Holes
No Fog of War
Building: Normal
Bases: Just Sol
Pirate Bases: 1
Ports: 100%
NPCs: 50

Protips:

The only way into the other arms is through the middle system.

The middle system has 60 planets, with the only IGP.

<3 Muffin

P.S. If necessary, I will add more systems in the future.
Last edited by -Muffin- on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

Lookingglass

Re: New Permarverse: Shuriken

Post by Lookingglass » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:14 pm

Though I personally kind of like smaller servers as a perma Small server sizes have ALREADY been proven to stagnate extremely quickly even in comparison to larger permas. Not many people like them. Look at perma 6 and civil war both were banging when they first banged but within about a month and a half they died. Small permas dont work.

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:56 pm

My hope is that with the current insanely small player base, itll work out.

Also, there is now one mega system with 100 planets in the middle, connecting all 4 arms. That should spice things up quite a bit.

I'm considering making less ports, instead of 100%. Thoughts?

Lookingglass

Post by Lookingglass » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:28 am

Less ports would make things more of an annoyance to take which would make the server 1 corp owned even quicker because it's less likely people will want to put in the effort to take things back.

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:09 am

good point. And I agree wholeheartedly. Should be at least somewhat easy for someone to just show up and cap a system

anito_ush

Post by anito_ush » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:41 am

in my point of view, this is a bad idea... hydra and golden age should be the only permaserver.... there is already a nice sge war/drama happenin on both permas with 2 main factions plus several minor factions gettin on the fun of it...

new players will not have problem joining this 2 permas as both factions will want to recruit and train them for their sides...

creating another perma? whats the point? another cycle of what happened on SGE version 1? creating multiple permas spreading out the player base?

why dont we nurture this two permas-hydra and golden age? there is already a good rivalry of faction being waged. KOT group at golden age has gotten reinforced and another round of long sporadic war/fighting is inevitable again.

Another perma banging again? we already have a small player-base and your going to spread it further even more? Are you guys little boys? wtf!!! most of us here are middle-aged players with real lives at stake... Most of us can maintain our activity with 1 to 2 permas and now you guys wants us to go for a 3rd perma? wtf?

My group at golden age dont have time to kill so we take turns with our time accordingly while our enemy group (KOT twats) has lots of time to waste playing this game. We like whats happening with the war on Golden Age coz its GROUP FIGHTING and GROUP INVASION (that should be the mainpoint of this game to retain the interest of players to play this game).... solo playing will only tire out most of the players.

my fifty cents....

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:12 am

Yeah. Don't worry. My goal isn't to take away the activity from GA and Hydra. People are asking for another huge no-mod perma and I'm just like O.o

That's why I made this one small. More of an experiment, really. Going to see how it turns out once it is fully built.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:18 am

its too bad everyone cant start on the same playing field.. someones always got to get the upper hand at the start of a perma