Rubberbanding

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

LordSturm

Rubberbanding

Post by LordSturm » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:07 am

while this problem is certainly not new to most players ( I have seen complaints daily) I have finally reached my limit with it.

I have silently lost ig ship after ig ship unfairly because of this and just kept to myself because I understand the difficulties in maintaining an online game pretty much (if not completely) by ones self.

but enough has become enough I am tired of losing tokens that I paid for over something that is completely out of my control ( my ping is always perfect when rubberbanding occurs so I know its not my side that's the issue).

I do not see the point of buying tokens or using tokens when they get lost so frequently to circumstances outside a players ability to control (ie their own ability to play the game).

I don't really mind dying (exp is not really important to me and cash is easily made) but I do mind losing tokens that I pay for at exaggerated rates because my ship suddenly goes from being far away from a wall of lasers to being right infront of lasers charging at full speed with no hope of escape. because of this, theres no real point to continue to buy tokens by me or any player because of this.

thanks for your time, /endrant.
Checkov

mArImBa

Re: Rubberbanding

Post by mArImBa » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:28 pm

you need an IGS for what?