Brilliant Blitz Idea

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Remove Spec-In Now That it is Unnecessary?

Yes, Remove Spec-In
63%
No, Do Not Remove Spec-In
38%

Total votes: 8

-Muffin-

Brilliant Blitz Idea

Post by -Muffin- » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:05 pm

So fluffers had the idea to remove late-spec again. And I know we've done it before and stuff. But it got me thinking. Now that we have the auto announcement service, it'd be okay to remove late-spec. Because when that announcement happens, people know when to move on over to Blitz. So late-spec is really unnecessary now.

So let's remove it, and end the bull sh!t. I'm tired of 4 people playing. 10 people spectating. No Late-spec would remove that. No late-spec would also remove people being able to choose their teams. If a 1v2 happens. So be it. Chances are the higher rated person is on the 1 team anyways. And that's not the end of the world. The end of the world is when another high rated player specs in and now its 2 pros vs. 2 noobs. Bull sh!t.

Thanks,
Muffin

EDIT: I turned it into a poll because Toonces said this is a possbility. But he likes spec-in. So let's vote to remove it so he sees how much the community wants it gone! :D
Last edited by -Muffin- on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

duece

Re: Brilliant Blitz Idea

Post by duece » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:52 pm

Why not just block spec in from ppl with low rep ( -15 rep)? The people who troll it excessively get rep bombed anyway.

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:14 pm

duece wrote:Why not just block spec in from ppl with low rep ( -15 rep)? The people who troll it excessively get rep bombed anyway.
Because all the top players play enough to keep high rep, and theyre the ones that are worst for late speccing.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:26 pm

duece wrote:Why not just block spec in from ppl with low rep ( -15 rep)? The people who troll it excessively get rep bombed anyway.
I like that one, thanks duece.

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:36 pm

Thats a start, but the situation I mentioned earlier is one, plus people like Wang.Chung(Gromer) late spec and dont play, or spec in last second and dont play, or do random non playing activities, but still finish games to get rep.

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:08 am

Guess we'll just have to go into hardcore rep police mode.

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Post by 0zzy » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Muffin, speaking of blitz, you make it out that Blitz is really active in the evenings.

You and your Muffin propaganda! Been on Blitz twice in 3 nights and not one games been on pfft.

P.S If you get this now, or within the next 20 or so mins, come on blitz.

duece

Post by duece » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:43 pm

Toonces wrote:
I like that one, thanks duece.
:D
0zzy wrote:Muffin, speaking of blitz, you make it out that Blitz is really active in the evenings.

You and your Muffin propaganda! Been on Blitz twice in 3 nights and not one games been on pfft.

P.S If you get this now, or within the next 20 or so mins, come on blitz.
4-8pm US time is like guaranteed 14+ ppl on.

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:58 pm

6pm - 11pm PST is what I tell people. Somewhere between those two times there will be 20 people online. And about 10 average throughout the entire time period.