Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 3

-Muffin-

Possible Fix to Late-Spec on Blitz

Post by -Muffin- » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:11 am

Late-spec is great! It helps Blitz activity. BUT it can really fck sht up.

So... why not make a "spec-in" queue, that only lets you join a team when there are as many people in the queue as there are teams. So, if its a rvb, and you spec-in, you have to wait until another person spec's in for you to be put on a team. I think that'd be a quick fix, and possible considering there is a spec-out queue based upon time. Making one based upon numbers probably wouldn't be too much different.

And the exception! If the teams are already unfair. (3v2) let's allow one person to spec-in to make it a 3v3. then two people need to enter the queue in order for it to become a 4v4. This would work the same for a 2v2v2v2v3. 1 person spec's in to make it a 2v2v2v3v3. Then 1 more for 2v2v3v3v3. Then another for a 2v3v3v3v3, then one more for a 3v3v3v3v3. But now 5 people have to join the queue for it to become a 4v4v4v4v4. Get the picture?

And hey. one more feature. if someone specs into a 1v1v1v1v1, they are put on an entirely new team :D (or 5 people join queue for a 2v2v2v2v2 i guess, just not as cool.)

Of course this would also mean no more 1v1s turning into lame-@ss 4v1s. The current system is really easy to rig. You just wait until the team you want to be on no longer has control of the dome. How about teams are always even. This is the fairest way to do it. Even teams in number is way more important than even teams in rating or any other variable. We know this from experience. Having 1 extra person on your team is a huge advantage, not to mention 3 extra.

Tell me yalls what you think, and maybe we can bring this up to Toonces <3

Love,
Muffin

P.S. Literally copied this from research lab cause no one goes there lol. Relocate it if it's really that big of a deal with this forum's current activity.

Gloin

Re: Possible Fix to Late-Spec on Blitz

Post by Gloin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:54 am

I've played numerous rounds of blitz that have been completely ruined by people late speccing into games, I love this idea and I hope you look into this Toonces

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Re: Possible Fix to Late-Spec on Blitz

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Yes what Muffin and Gloin said.

Blitz gets ruined by late spec ins, a player gets his friends to spec in so that they can ruin Blitz and have their friend win.

Just look at the overall Exp/Rankings in Blitz, I have seen the Exp as high as 1800 within 2 weeks of the season. It never was this way a person with around 1300 Exp would win so it is obvious that people are team stacking.

Also having 1 v 1 games does not work cause someone can just throw a round and let the other guy get free Exp for nothing. I should know cause I was accused of doing this while my only intent was to get out of Provisional quick.