Custom Colors question for toonces

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Kasparov

Custom Colors question for toonces

Post by Kasparov » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Hi I recently learned how to make custom colors on the personal page, but all the code is taking up so much space, i can only do so many colors before the whole quote is erased.... :( I was wondering if you could put a loop into the code instead so you could do a color fade across the whole quote... Im a noob at programming, but this should give you the general idea of what i want to do.

~{color}255,X,0~Starport Galactic Empires is the greatest game ever!!!!!!

int x = 1

for(x=1, x<255, x++)

so that would make the very true text "Starport Galactic Empires is the greatest game ever" slowly fade from red (255,1,0) to yellow (255,255,0)

Can you tell me if that is possible, and if it is, could you give me the code for it cuz im sure mine is wrong.....

THX!

-Kasparov

*test*

~{color}255,0,0~SGE

Toonces
Site Admin

Re: Custom Colors question for toonces

Post by Toonces » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:56 am

putting a text formatting code for color change in three number strings separated by commas is a lot different than running lines of actual programming code through a rich-text parser, so no, there are no features that aggressive in the text codes protocol. Maybe someday, until then sorry :)

omlow

Post by omlow » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:04 pm

protip: write your quote the way you want it without color then go in from back to front and add the colors in.

gothicorpunk

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:59 am

That would be extreamly annoying anyway the way it is is basic colors which is fine and it all fits if you learn how to do it correctly.. you dont lose any qoute space at all. Like omlow said write the qoute then add colors to it (backwards though meaning farthest text first sense it does push the qoute outa the picture)

Kasparov

Post by Kasparov » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:52 pm

Thx omlow, I actually already do that. It works great if you write the quote in plain color and then work backwards, adding color, starting with the last word. (see my quote on FW) The only problem is if you add too many colors, the total length of the text will go over the "limit" and the whole quote will be erased. So, Toonces, if I can't do some sort of programming trick to use more colors without making more text, can you make the allowable amount of text for the quote longer? Keep the size of the actual quote the same, but just make the hidden space we use for adding colors and bedazzling our quotes longer so I can add more colors without it being erased??? pleeeeeeeeeeez!? thx toonces you rock. And while youre at it, maybe you could also make the ship name space length longer, so I can create a stunning technicolor title befitting of the fair maiden that is my IGS, the SS Dana Scully. :wink:

-Kasparov

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:38 am

So you basically want a rainbow name from what I gather, was your name ever RainbowPrince

Also are you a homosexual because they seem to like rainbows.....unless you are looking for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow but do not forget the leprechaun you will have to contend with for that pot of gold under the rainbow.

Kasparov Loves Colors

Kasparov

Post by Kasparov » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Really Deathstar? No, I'm not a homosexual. You don't have to be gay to like colors, and btw, you have a rainbow in your gif to the right, so maybe you are the gay one. Capiche?

-Kasparov

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Post by 0zzy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:47 pm

WeGotDeathStar wrote:So you basically want a rainbow name from what I gather, was your name ever RainbowPrince

Also are you a homosexual because they seem to like rainbows.....unless you are looking for a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow but do not forget the leprechaun you will have to contend with for that pot of gold under the rainbow.

Kasparov Loves Colors
-.-