Kill Taureen?

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Luna

Kill Taureen?

Post by Luna » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Has the time for Taureen come and gone? Is it time to retire it and move on. How do people feel about it? I've only heard people say it's a dead server. Not a lot of active people left there.

Patrikc

Re: Kill Taureen?

Post by Patrikc » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:52 am

Two weeks ago I would have agreed, but activity has been picking up recently. With its layout though I don't see it ever flourishing again.

fredfredburger

Post by fredfredburger » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:29 am

No it´s still pretty active

godman

Post by godman » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Luna wrote:Has the time for Taureen come and gone? Is it time to retire it and move on. How do people feel about it? I've only heard people say it's a dead server. Not a lot of active people left there.
yes. time to move on with this one, Frontier Wars and Golden Age. P1 and Boundless will never die due to Boundless being the test server, and P1 being the first ever perma.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:32 am

GA still going pretty strong, it is just as active as Rag as they both alternate players

Best indicator of how many people play Starport is Blitz, if it is a ghost town then everything's slow.....lot of players the servers are packed.

Suave

Post by Suave » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:02 am

godman wrote:
Luna wrote:Has the time for Taureen come and gone? Is it time to retire it and move on. How do people feel about it? I've only heard people say it's a dead server. Not a lot of active people left there.
yes. time to move on with this one, Frontier Wars and Golden Age. P1 and Boundless will never die due to Boundless being the test server, and P1 being the first ever perma.
Personally, I feel that FW should go before Taurean due to the fact FW has been generally inactive for quite awhile. Only recently FW has kinda picked up in activity and imo not enough to warrant it staying.

Should just be Rag and GA left as main permas, with BS being the test server. P1 can atleast be frozen, i.e. trophies etc should be given out then the server be frozen( no exp movement etc) but let it remain "open" so that persons can mess around in it and perhaps for sentimental reasons.

phantomdan

Post by phantomdan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:23 am

Taureen server should end. It's the penguin server. Pointless to have wings and not fly. Reminds me of DMJ server when 11th rebanged. Doomed to fail.

Just a waste of space.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:00 pm

I think everyone should just move to GA or RAG, there pretty good servers to play :) kill taureeen!!

TheSaiyan

Post by TheSaiyan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:32 am

Kill everything...

chronas

Post by chronas » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:43 am

Frontier wars has become very boring ...you cant build and keep anything. this big corp that is number one just gangs up and wipes the newbies and any corp that tries to grow. So now its very stagnant. need better balance on that server.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:32 am

FW always sucked, if it is dominated by one corp so be it. No competition on a server and that is what happens, FW never took off for whatever reason and it has been only populated by maybe 10 players that actively play it.