Funhouse Idea

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Kasparov

Funhouse Idea

Post by Kasparov » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Hi! If you don't know me, I'm Kasparov from FW, and I like to occasionally make mini-game events where all are welcome. There are often token prizes, paid for out of pocket by myself, given to the winners of these events. Some may call me crazy for doing this, but it's not really a big deal, because... whatever... I like this game so I like to contribute and I have the money and I think it's entertaining. In the past I've done mostly invasion challenges, but the idea of a race sounded intruiging so... What does everyone think of this idea?

Kasparov of Frontier Wars Screams: Attention Ladies and Gentleman! Kasparov’s Funhouse is proud to
present the first annual Black Hole Surfing Tournament! It will be held on Ragnarok this (undecided from whenever to blah-blah-blah) central standard time! Up to 10k tokens in prizes will be awarded! All are welcome, but no
hostiles or newbies please. Contact Kasparov on The Frontier Wars Galaxy for more details!

Kasparov’ s Funhouse presents The First Annual Black Hole Surfing Tournament!
(time and date not announced yet)
What is black hole surfing you ask?
Have you ever gone around a black hole as close as you could without falling in? That’s called black hole
surfing! (or at least that’s what I’m calling it! J) The objective is to get from the starting line, ( a circle of
friendly lasers), to the finish line, (another circle of friendly lasers with Kasparov in the middle), as fast
as you can! The only catch is, you have to circle the black hole ten times before you reach the finish line
to complete the race! Times will be recorded by Kasparov (as impartially as possible) with a stop watch,
and after the tournament is over, the players with the best 5 times will get a token prize!

Other rules: Every contestant will get three tries. If you go into the black hole, you lose a try. If you go
into the black hole all three times….then… well… ya blew it. Game Over. If you do however complete the
race one or more times, your fastest elapsed time will be recorded, and after the tournament prizes will
be awarded to the players with the 5 fastest times. Remember you must make 10 laps around the black
hole for it to count. I will be counting, and I suggest you count aloud to yourself too as you race.
The race starts when the contestant is in the “start” circle and Kasparov says “go!”. The race is done
when you complete the ten laps and reach Kasparov in the “Finish” circle without falling into the black
hole. Any ship or setup is allowed. Any hostile fire will result in immediate disqualification. A spectating
area will also be available, but only one surfer at a time please. Any players wishing to help provide
additional security please contact Kasparov on FW.

Special Note: This is intended to be a fun, friendly event for all, and is being funded entirely out of
pocket by Kasparov himself for no particular reasons other than he thinks it’s entertaining , and he
wants people to have fun showcasing their skills. So please, let’s all try to be on our best behavior,
respect each other, and have a good time. Thanks and I hope to see you there!

A bit lame i know.... Ok so I tried "surfing" a bit more after I made this, and I realized it's more hard and tedious than it is fun, but that might just be me. So I'm kind of on the fence about whether to do it or not. Im still willing to do it if I get a positive response on here, but if not, screw it. If anyone else has a better idea for a Funhouse Event feel free to share it and I just might do it. BN-Kenobi has been thinking of doing "desert races" on Ragnarok, and that might be a better idea... Anyway I thought I'd make my first post and show you all what I do when I'm bored at college. Thx for reading and I hope to hear some good ideas!

Thanks,
-Kasparov

-Muffin-

Re: Funhouse Idea

Post by -Muffin- » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Sounds cool beans :) I'm in

HUSKER

Post by HUSKER » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Count me in!

chronas