-notorious-

Mac?

Post by -notorious- » Fri May 03, 2013 10:03 pm

This game work on Mac yet?

Toonces
Site Admin

Re: Mac?

Post by Toonces » Sun May 05, 2013 5:32 am

-notorious- wrote:This game work on Mac yet?
You would need a windows/directX emulator for Mac to try to run it right now. I don't think they are fully working at this point but you could try. There's a plan for mac compatibility but it's still a few months away at least.

-notorious-

Post by -notorious- » Sun May 05, 2013 8:25 pm

i tried wine, everything worked fine but when i try to load the game it crashes... :(

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Mon May 06, 2013 2:33 pm

-notorious- wrote:i tried wine, everything worked fine but when i try to load the game it crashes... :(
did you get any sort of error message?

Caia

Post by Caia » Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 am

Toonces wrote:
-notorious- wrote:i tried wine, everything worked fine but when i try to load the game it crashes... :(
did you get any sort of error message?
Toonces, there's likely not much you can do. These compatibility issues are almost always something that WINE makers have to fix. Hopefully I'm wrong, but that's the way it usually goes.

Lev

Post by Lev » Tue May 14, 2013 4:28 am

I'm using Mac daily to play. Obviously using emulator. I'm running 2008 MBP with VMware, and no problems. (I use a PC keyboard to get all the proper key mapping, which is easier than trying to get all the settings.) I'm sure it would work on Parallels with no issues also. I also have VirtualBox, but haven't tried it on that. That one's free, isn't it?

-Lev-

-notorious-

Post by -notorious- » Fri May 17, 2013 1:11 am

Ok. So... My old mac broke finally. So I just bought a new one. I tried the same thing I tried with my old one, and to my surprise, it was a success (so far) we'll see if it crashes.

1. Download Wine Bottler
2. Download Sge
3. Instal the SGE.exe Via wine bottler

Done.

seems the only issue is its not saving to my computer. So when I close she... in order to run it again I must re install it (which takes about 30 seconds... But im curious as to why theres no icon being created... maybe im doing something wrong...TOONCES your the computer guy... any ideas?

Scratch That... Just make note of the folder wine bottler creates for the installed program, and drag it to your desktop. From there you open it up.
Click "Drive C" and look for a folder with the programs name "StarportGE", Open that and click on "GEClient.exe, and wine bottler will open it up. If theres a new patch you do everything the same except instead of clicking on "GEClient" Click on "Launcher.exe" and it will download the newest patch & open starport"

I believe for all of this to work your mac must have X11.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:10 am

Looks like this story might have a happy ending after all