Random Prices Only
17%
Neither, Blitz is Good How It Is
17%

Total votes: 6

-Muffin-

True FFAs and Random Prices in Blitz Please

Post by -Muffin- » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:03 am

We all miss true FFAs (1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1), so we'd like those back. It's not too big of a deal, but it would make things more fun.

And also, some people have been wanting a return to the random prices again. It was very fun when Seth or ISC randomly became 200k and then everyone bought it for a game, and it would be a crazy game. The only worry I have with this is that strategy will go by the way-side and blitz will become craziness and luck. So, maybe we could beta it somehow for a bit. Or apply it during the between-season phase when no one changes rating and no one will get angry.

I think a return to both of these rules will help to make blitz even more exciting than it already is. Without random pricing, every game usually ends up being the same thing, but that is also good because that means the pros can really focus on getting good at the current blitz. Anyways, the poll is up. Vote away.

- Muffin

MillionthVector

Re: True FFAs and Random Prices in Blitz Please

Post by MillionthVector » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:51 am

I agree, I think it would help make things a little more interesting, also maybe it could be where if there's less than 4 players it goes into FFA instead of waiting for more.

Zangetsu

Post by Zangetsu » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:11 pm

if toonces brings random prices back also pure random teams not this crappy = rating thing cos it dont even work then i might actually play blitz again, bring random prices back :)

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:35 am

Personally, I think the teaming system is much better as it is now rather than when it was random. It's just Flither that messes it up by being such an outlier. Dude specs out in games when he's about to win. I think he likes his outlier-ness to screw up the teaming system and help the number 1 player, cola, his friend. But of course, it's just shotty muffin detective work and assumptions :D so....

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:19 pm

The crime scene.

duece

Post by duece » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Maybe Toonces could do random price resets. Like every 4-5 hours a few items are randomly reset to a cheap price, and they'd bounce back over a few games. That would accomplish a similar thing without him having to redo the whole pricing system.

Also, hug yeah on bringing true ffa's back. They were very fun.

DaPirate

Post by DaPirate » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:22 am

Hey muffin, flither does the exact same thing to me, specs out, does nothing its really annoying so i tend to not play when hes on, but he could have hidden intentions idk :shock: