Dome Placement Fail

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

benfurious1987

Dome Placement Fail

Post by benfurious1987 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:07 am

I'm not saying who domed this, but it might've been me. Not sure what i was thinking, regretably i can't blame alcohol or drugs. just thought it might be fun to throw up some pics of starports worst dome placements. Maybe should have put this in the launchpad, as a "how not to dome your colonies" thing. opinions on that are welcome, but i know this placement sucks. its my worst :( :shock: :? :lol:

Oh and how can I put images directly into my post, instead of having to go through the photobucket thing

Toonces
Site Admin

Re: Dome Placement Fail

Post by Toonces » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:00 pm

[quote="benfurious1987"]Oh and how can I put images directly into my post, instead of having to go through the photobucket thing[/quote]

you will still need to use photobucket to host the image. the way to show it directly is to use the "insert image" button not the "insert link" button. Or, alternatively, you can simply put [img] before the text of the link to the picture and [/img] after it.

benfurious1987

Post by benfurious1987 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Awesome, thank you!

inevamis

Post by inevamis » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:45 am

Haha.. that could be the worst ever lol... worst I've ever seen for sure XD.

MillionthVector

Post by MillionthVector » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:48 pm

I located a DD volcanic once with one of the domes in a really bad spot near the entrance, you just have to take out like 12-16 laser cannons and cap it XD.

Luna

Post by Luna » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:07 am

Some of my first colonies were domed almost as bad. I remember once getting the bio's all done, and the colonists in and then discovering that I could only place one layer of defenses between LZ and dome. I had to kill the planet, and the really sad part was I didn't have excess cash to build another quickly. Lessions in SGE are sometimes less than perfect. Live and learn, then spite everyone and keep playing. :wink: