Haven't played this game in...

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Dolphin

Haven't played this game in...

Post by Dolphin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:29 am

Well I don't even know. I can't even remember the names of many people. Just was going through old bookmarks and saw this game. Not sure if anyone here even remembers me. I remember Muadib because I knew him in person. I remember another guys named who posted on the forums a lot who started with M as well. I played back in 2006. Anyone else still here from way back then?

Do I need to create a new in game account? Tried logging in but no user/pass combination is working.

duece

Re: Haven't played this game in...

Post by duece » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:07 am

I didn't know you but I played back then as well. Mua'Dib randomly pops in on the forums from time to time so he might see this lol. There are a lot of guys who played Frontier Wars during that time who are still lingering around.

I should warn you that the game is completely different though lol.

Luna

Post by Luna » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 pm

I briefly played Frontier Wars and remember Mua. Some of the same people still play. Pop into the old servers and see who you recognize. Right now the popular server is Taureen. Quite a few old names there as well as ones from Golden Age, the first one. I played in 2006 and still play now.

As for your account, it will have deleted a long time ago from inactivity. You'll have to make another account. The game has changed a great deal since you left. Look through the forum and see what you can pick up from the launchpad. Research, solar, and building has changed. Weapons, ships and a variety of things have been changed.

In general research now is random, with up to 5 levels of something possible, and a total of 10 research per col. The research items were modified slightly, and some old ones were removed. Solar is now dependent on ore production, and can get up to 10/100. Volcs, GH, Deserts are nearly useless now, as colonies consume resources constantly, and you must set them to produce what you want or need. Colonies on some servers can be zounds at 25k rather than the old 5k.

Ships holds were increased. Now a whale has 510 cargo holds to help build. We now have random generated layouts, with few old layouts present, except on rebangs. Experience is no longer as high as when zounds, heater core, unity, played a part.

Most people can adapt with a bit of a learning curve for invading on mounts, rockies, ect that could have 10 shot solars. Drop in a server and ask questions, or play a rebang and get the hang of things. Keep trying and don't get discouraged.

Have fun, Luna

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:18 am

Haven't played in a while either. Craaaaazzzzy how much time I spent here. And now look at me?

I have abs.

Chicks dig abs.

And a voice like smooth velvet.

I have that too.

The deep, smooth voice of the Jazzman...

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:13 pm

Hey, I remember the name from back in the day.

The amount of time I used to spend on here.. :shock:

SGE time is now filled in with a 5 year old daughter, 2 year old son and my desperate struggles to get my golf handicap down to single figures! ( currently at 15 8) )

/salute to all who are still out there!

-nox-

Post by -nox- » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 pm

/salute moleman (and others!)

Major

Post by Major » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:20 pm

-nox- wrote:/salute moleman (and otters!)

/wave

Wagon

Post by Wagon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:36 pm

long live the otter king