A lot of things I like about Tauren, Keep it going...

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

inevamis

A lot of things I like about Tauren, Keep it going...

Post by inevamis » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:54 pm

I've been playing Taurean and I have to say that I have few complaints compared to I used to have. I like the following...

1) No mods

2) 25k pop cols are cool.. especially the ability to score some zounds (arctic!)

3) Short cut keys are sweet

4) 500 hold whales are awesome and were so over due.

5) Love how you can sell your ship to ports and keep a local port stocked with your favourite ships.

6) Ship speed seems to be fine

7) No asteroids

In general this server is good it just needs more players.

Small Tweaks I'd like to See

1) Make it so you get 50exp or w/e again for killing lazors/flaks. This lets oyu know how many you killed per land which is great.

2) I have no idea what changed with lag but I like it way better before. I feel like such an idiot when every 1.5 mins I get warped back to where I was 2 seconds before. Especially when you're trying to navigate a colony with lots of turns.. very frustrating... also often leads to deaths and when you have to rebuy igs ships this makes it unfair oyu have to pay real money for them. And its not just me everyone complains about this lag.

3) Make it so oceans stabilize with no anaroebes like earths do. It makes no sense for them to stabilize at like -160 anarobes per hour or whatever it is.

Bigger Changes to Keep it going

1) I think it would be great if the following items were added to the game and were dropped by npc's and aliens when killed:

Building Rush Card (This item allows you to rush a building and takes care of the resources for the rush as well)
Resource Card (Converts into 500 or a full load of a certain resource- really good for when a certain resource is not easily accessible in your area)
Population Card (Converts into 500 or a full load of colonists)
Credits Card Lvl 1 (Converts into 1 million credits)
Credits Card Lvl 2 (Converts into 5 million credits)
Credits Card Lvl 3 (Converts into 10 million credits) *Rare Item
Biodome Card (Converts into a biodome- so don't have to go all the way to a base to get)
C-mines Card (Converts in 8 C-mines- so don't have to go all the way to a base to get)
Lazors Card (Converts into 8 lazors- so don't have to go all the way to a base to get)
Flaks Card (Converts into 8 flaks- so don't have to go all the way to a base to get)

This would add a new element of "exporation" to the game and it would also stimulate the economy of the game. New players (who are often prone to kill npcs and aliens) can collect these and sell them for $. Also, it helps you build further away from Sol because you can go somewher remote and hunt these items to help you start a col out there.

2) A graphics update would be nice :) Most people look at the game and right away think it's from the 80's. There's nothing wrong with the game being 2D but some updated 2D graphics would be cool. My cousin is a really good 2D artist/animator let me know if interested.

Luna

Re: A lot of things I like about Tauren, Keep it going...

Post by Luna » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:04 am

Very good ideas. I'd love to see NPC's have more purpose. Aliens also need a purpose greater than they currently have. I'd love to see them revamped.

Stealth_

Post by Stealth_ » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:32 pm

I too like all the new changes. I don't think toonces wants to turn this into a card game.. But those ideas could be tweaked

The major thing I miss is the acknowledgment Of killing a laser/flak, even if we don't get xp please make it so we get a confirmation of a laser/flak kill

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:29 pm

Stealth_ wrote:The major thing I miss is the acknowledgment Of killing a laser/flak, even if we don't get xp please make it so we get a confirmation of a laser/flak kill
I really want this, even just a message saying You have destroyed a laser/flak cannon

inevamis

Post by inevamis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:51 am

Stealth_ wrote:I too like all the new changes. I don't think toonces wants to turn this into a card game.. But those ideas could be tweaked

The major thing I miss is the acknowledgment Of killing a laser/flak, even if we don't get xp please make it so we get a confirmation of a laser/flak kill
By card I meant item or w/e you want to call it.

Also I figured out the new lag type must be linked to the way the game is now server side instead of computer side (same thing that makes solar still shooting when you land too early or a corpie is on the col. Can just change it to how it was before.. I don't see any improvement in thsi change. It's actually just really annoying.. I know it may be more realistic but that doesn't make it better for the game...

MrMcZ

Post by MrMcZ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:18 am

The card idea us very creative but won't work. The thing is, 1m, or even 5m isnt much money on a perma, and 10m is still not that much, but on a rebang, 10m is amazing. Adding this would greatly affect rebangs in a negative way.