things need to be done

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Fr0nTLiNe

things need to be done

Post by Fr0nTLiNe » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:49 pm

been a few years since i was here not much has changed. the sad thing is i can look at this site on my 360 but i cant play the game...isnt it time to bring this game to other platforms and bring this game into the light instead of the pc world treating it like a retarded cuzin it doesnt want no one know about...the real money is in the consoles ask minecraft who brought there windows 95 crap game 2 360 and made a killing

Acacia

Re: things need to be done

Post by Acacia » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:23 am

It is currently October 18th, 2012 and this is the first time that I have ever heard of this game.

What it needs is some very serious marketing.

I was browsing Gamespot's PC games list (like Moby they have a running list of every PC game ever made).
I was searching for discontinued games that never got sold in my area and never will be sold in my area because
I was looking to see if I could find easy access to their ISOs floating around the net.

I recently just purchased Gemini Wars, Starpoint Gemini, Armada 2526 Gold, Genesis Rising, Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity and Star Ruler (which didn't work - Thank god it was only three bucks).
So when I saw this in the list I thought I would check it out. Instead of finding dead software I found an online game still left in activity since early 2000 and that says ALOT for the honor of the designer. Most those MMO jockies out there pull the plug on their servers once they're only making minimal.

BUT - I'm really not big on the whole MMO thing myself. This interested me soley because (and I could be wrong) it looks like game pad combat instead of RTS or Turn Based.

Anywho, I saw your comment and thought to myself "Geesh, PC Online gaming is only dead in NZ" and then I saw your location. XD

There's not a large demographic of middle aged men and women here (they all take it over to Oz) so we've either got peeps from age eight to twenty-one or folks between the ages of fifty-five and death. =L

The younger generation is obviously going to be your gaming demographic but after having lived here for nearly seven years and finding hardly any social areas for kiwis outside of Facebook and Twitter - I really suspect that NZ just really doesn't dig the whole internet thing.

And I also think the reason for that is, this is one of the few countries in the world that does not offer unlimited monthly broadband for a reasonable set fee.

I'm not sure if Starport is American designed or if it's a kiwi project but if the developer can get word of mouth around, mostly, US sites - you'll find a lot more people online with you.

Acacia

Re: things need to be done

Post by Acacia » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:36 am

Sorry, can't edit my previous reply because I'm still waiting for clearance but just looked and this developer is based in Texas (the largest state in America).

Soooo...if you're not finding many people online it's probably because us here in NZ are fired-walled away from US players. Other times when I've experienced this it usually has to do with our terrible ping back and forth to that end of the world.

For instance Counter-Strike allows me to see all US servers but most of them kick me because the Down Under Lag.

I also have a friend in Germany who I've tried to play several games with on Steam and all failed miserably for the same reason.

I wonder what kinda ping Number Six gets from The Village. :shock: