How much do u think this game would sell for?

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

General_Neox

How much do u think this game would sell for?

Post by General_Neox » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:46 pm

Just curious

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Re: How much do u think this game would sell for?

Post by 0zzy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:27 pm

The software etc probably isn't worth much. But the game has 30-40 active players, some of which buy tokens, and that's where the sale price will come from. Take away the players, and the game wont be worth much more than £1,000 tops.

It really depends on how much income Toonces makes from tokens, I reckon its a lot higher than people think - Toonces is unlikely to live on scraps and keep the game going for so long.

All in all, I estimate £15-£20,000.

(Courtesy of my Economic shadow pricing module)

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Seriously? No one could and should buy it.

It's an outdated, 2D, DirectX 7 engine. It's been developed by one or two people at max. Not exactly the right environment for coding discipline and proper documentation.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised that with a modern "free" engine it's a moderately easy game to make. I'm actually surprised it hasn't been done yet. Tho there's one game that's extremely similar, of which I forgot the name.

The only thing that's worth something is the Google ranking.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:37 pm

*Bleh - this game has been bought and paid for already !

Personally ( not that it's really any of our business ) i would imagine the game itself would be worth around the $15k region, i don't think it's so much the game has value - i think it's the platform it's at that would be of benefit to a buyer.
30-40 regular players -so nowhere near enough - but in reality there's still many more out there on the sidelines just waiting for it to become worthwhile playing again.
I don't think you can fault the storyline of Starport Galactic Empires afterall the storyline and choices within the game has made it very enjoyable for all in truth.
In reality it's the low Playing population, poor Graphics and cloudy vision of a certain person that really hammers the price so low.
If i had a spare 25k id buy it for sure... i mean look at its potential - most know how well this game does if looked after, alls it really needs is a little bit of TLC.

This game deserves a rebirth in my opinion...

Budman

Post by Budman » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:00 pm

if you could up the graphics and roll back all the patches ( most of them anyways) to about three years ago id agree dtox ( hi by the way bud long time no see)

as is i offer 3 sticks of gum and a can of jolt cola

now that being said i am back messing around on here three years after i quit ...so that says something right there

:wink: