Cow's new galaxy idea

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Mr Cow

Cow's new galaxy idea

Post by Mr Cow » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:20 pm

I want a no mod server that has NO PORT NEGS. Many people would probally come back to play a little. It should have the random generated layouts, normal ports. This could be as close as we can get to old school sge.. if you guys post your thoughts it could happen../discuss server settings and such..
yours truly, -cow

Luna

Re: Redemption?

Post by Luna » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:29 pm

I'd say half familiar layouts, half random. No flippin asteroids at all, no one EVER liked them. Corp size reasonable, maybe 6 so all the vets aren't in ONE corp. If you want new people to have a chance, increase UN protection on colonies to 5 days. It won't hurt old players but will give newer players longer to make cash and build colonies properly. Keep defense prices stable at bases. If everyone is building then those without cash find themselves unable to afford the defenses to put on their colonies when it rises to 800k per load of 16 lasers. If prices have to fluctuate for defenses then make it very slow in the beginning to encourage building and have it rise over time. Use some of the suggestions made in the reform thread. You want people to play then you need to make it fun and less boring.

Adjust the settings for research to make it more viable for all types of planets. No one really likes volcs, greenhouse planets, deserts due to the poor solar possibility, stability or resources. Make all planets valuable to build again. Personally I think it shouldn't be set in stone that mountains/rockies are naturally a ten shot where earths, greenhouses, and deserts are stuck with crappy solar ability. You don't have to make everything capable of being 10/120 but it should be just as random as research is. Then planets are created equally, low solar possibility for every type but also high solar possibility.

Maybe give an option to keep researching or eliminate research you can't use and keep trying. You could have for example a max of 20 research, and you get to pick the ten you wish to keep for the settings and the planet absorbs the rest or they go dormant. This could be very helpful when building or wanting defenses. If we could adjust cols research we could make them useful in different ways for different jobs, like we do when we trade ships for different functions. Research trade in so to speak.

pbn4ever

Post by pbn4ever » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:54 am

i thought the new server had potential :) then i saw that max corp sizes where 18? put me right off. half the active people are then put into 2 corps and bully the rest but the idea of all ports buying only is great. we need a no mod, no neg kind of server to accompany this :) and the random planet generator is AWESOME!

duece

Post by duece » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:36 am

I'd like a server like this with a corp size of 8.

Sento

Post by Sento » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:43 am

I suppose Ill voice my opinion as a newb picking up the game again since leaving it way back when I was just a filly. I left for the first time because people were mean and nasty. I come back and I see most of the same thing just fewer people, but this time I am here as an experienced gamer.

The galaxy of life has only been up for 30ish some odd days and already 1 corp has practically won. Not blaming them or anything they used teamwork and just dominated but it leaves almost no room for anyone to relax, and tbh its not just thanks to this 1 dominate corp its just the game is so unbalanced atm. A perma galaxy should be a relaxing thing, not a 30 day blitz lol.

I support the idea of this new galaxy. I am trying to get some of my friends to play the game, but tbh as it stands its pointless to get them into a server were there is no hope we can amount to anything. Not saying me and my friends are being invaded by any of the big corps or anything. Most of the big corpse have left us alone cuz we are a bunch of stupid newbs that barley know what we are trying to do lol, but even that will end after so long and when it does we wont stand a chance.

Not to mention you don't really need to be in a major corp to cause damage. Half of the cols I have seen and taken myself have had 0 defenses, and when I do place defenses my col just gets blown over by 1 guy who was my exp level. tbh Placing max defenses should be enough to stop ONE GUY. stupid thing is when I go to take it back I discovered that all he did was sit way back and launch negs at the laser cannons o.O which makes defenses only a delay for someone.(and yes I had mines as well not just lasers)
While building the solar cannon should not only be a sure fire hell no 1 guy wont take this col, but it should also make it difficult for more than 1 guy/gal to take the col encouraging team work and strategy. people with 20930293mil credits can just get podded all day long to take a world. It shouldn't be that easy to attack these cols, but at the same time it should not be easy to accumulate that much credits to begin with.
So maybe no cheap negs will fix this problem idk this is my newb opinion of what I have seen.

If its not easy to make 293810938mil credits, then it encourages development, if its not easy to fully stock a planet full of defenses it encourages people not to expand so freaking rapidly. If people expand to rapidly obviously 1 man armies can raid, and pillage.

Another idea for consideration is a biodome limit based on your exp level. not saying to make a cap of how many cols you can own, but making a cap on how many you can deploy. If say highest rank you can place 5 biodomes(again example and not what it should be) then a corp of 6 people can START with 30 cols, not to mention if people take personal cols then it may be even less than that. once you reach your limit you can conquer more cols from other players. This does encourage warfare and the chance a corp may get to powerful like in Galaxy of Life. to combat this you might want to add some sort of penalty as a corp grows in size. Which gives a very high chance that the tides of battle could change and lost territory can be regained.
Corps can also be recognized for their achievements of how high they got their corp got before the tide was turned to see how large they can get and then wait and see if another corp can get even higher or if they can get back up to that standing.

Just gotta think of ways to prevent stalemates but to also feel good about yourself for achieving a glorious empire, and having a nice place to relax were the game can't end so easily.

As a new player who is wanting to bring some friends to the community I would agree with cow and luna's suggestions.(also I wouldnt mind my suggestions taken into consideration) I don't want to be in a galaxy that will be a blitz of 30 days, and it is not exactly encouraging me to spend money on tokens when its THAT easy to get the 4 mil credits it costs for 1k tokens.

XD
~Sento

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:30 am

The rate that the UN barges supply missiles to ports is getting adjusted lower right now for all galaxies.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:37 am

In reality Galaxy Of Life hasn't been a great ambassador for new Players
Corpsize WAY too high, and once again the Port Negs and Mods are ruining it.
Been playing there since nearly day 1 - and although the No resources sold in Ports kinda rocks, it seems most have overcome this and have been trying to enjoy the game.

Sadly it seems the bad outweighs the good on this server also.:

Epic glitches ( i and a few other have died due to incorrect screen display / shield levels ) - resulting in 2k token loss and exp - No reply has been received ? - or explanation.<---( this is the annoying part )
Corp size ( as mentioned ) is obscenely high and although encourages mass invading and group fighting, once again its way over the top as mentioned in previous posts - theres 2 main corps on same team = everyone leaving and dead server.
This server doesn't require 18 man corps - also it boasts the " Poorest Fuel Regen of all time " and Pollution settings are pitiful - if you're solo or in a pack of 2 or 3 guys - forget it.
Port negs and Mods *sighs when will you listen Toonces.
Fighting on there is a joke, Nukes can NOT keep up with a guy using 3 or 4 flights and Burners - so basically this doesn't encourage fighting imho.
Also Ship colours - a great addition - but what idiot allows BLACK ships on a BLACK background ? - this needs to be changed immediately.

Toonces - if i may,
This Galaxy Of Life Server will have to be renamed " Galaxy Of Lost Souls " within 3 or 4 weeks - because of its " unbalance on gameplay"

There's nothing new about it in reality - just larger corp sizes and no port resources.
The Servers dominated already ( and i cant see that ever changing because not enough Players to go against a "36" man team ).

This server needs Fuel regen altered, its beyond the boundary of encouraging token fuelling - if someone cant or doesn't want too token fuel then that's fine but by making fuel regen so low will just make the server inactive quicker.
Pollution settings lowered ( nobodys bothering to clean cols because of this )
Abolish the Port negs ( allowing people to build Nuke and Neg supply ( hence giving the game time to breathe )).
Abolish Mods- or at least abandon Afterburners as a mod attachment. - make it impossible to have this attachment on your ship ( resulting in fair fighting and possible player killing )
There's nothing worse than seeing someone with 4 flights and afterburner running from a group of 5 players and actually managing to warp out and Port up.. its gotten to the stage now where a guy with 4 flights and afterburners STAYS in system with 4 attacking guys - because he knows they wont ever hit him with a Nuke .
Lower Corp Size from 18 to 6. ( with one allowed Contract per corp )

Sento

Post by Sento » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 am

So here is another great example of unbalance

Like I mentioned in my above post my col which not only had orbital defenses, but had max defense and a solar canon was blown through by 1 person(possibly 2 cuz the 2nd person was caping cols we had that were undefended)

The method of invading? It was a surgical strike(which is what I see often) its all about even in thin areas carving a single file line through all the defenses and the col is yours. this is while my solar cannon is firing at him while he is working on making a single line to my col. I got nothing against the invader but I will also point out they literally waited till I logged out to invade it which tbh is a cheap tactic, and a cowardly one even against a newb like myself. I mean if you have to wait for ME to logout to invade that's pretty sad lol.(again nothing against the invaders this just another way the game is unbalanced)

So literally this is going to be a game of who is on to cap it for the day. I am seriously considering just destroying everything I cap cuz holding onto it is completely pointless and impossible to do. and by destroy I mean just cap cols and sell all the buildings cuz holding onto them is stupid if you can just cap people who are actually building and steal their stuff and sell the minerals they have for money(because tbh that is way easier than just building)

I want to be a builder and an invader but I guess until something is done ill just have to be an invader

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:41 pm

I see no point in building on Galaxy of Life. The overpowered corp size of 18 has lead to a Galactic bully system that allows massive invasion, which is doubled by a full load of contractors and top corp being napped with their contractors. This leaves all other corps to fend off one giant corp with no possibility of victory. You can't possibly take a corp with 30k-150k followers and fight a corp with 2.3 million followers that invades with 6+ people and contractors to barge/help. If you lose your colonies you have nothing to help you expand because you're back to getting resources from aliens, and the invaders are waiting in the wings for your completed colony. They pick up port negs and take 3 days worth of work in 10-20 minutes. You certainly can't play solo either.

Fuel regeneration is inadequate considering the labor involved in getting resources, and attempting to make cash. Pollution is so high half the colonies will have a disaster in the first month due to cash flow and inability to build and clean with limited cash. The only colonies being cleaned will be the ones owned by the Mega corp.

The future of Galaxy of Life I predict will be the shortest of any perm I've ever played. It has the game dynamics of a very old perm where one corp ends up with all the planets and everyone else leaves for better opportunities. This usually plays out over a period of a year or so, but this perm has managed it in about one month. Balance...balance....balance. This perm needs some balance before it becomes hopeless to fix.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Mr Cow wrote:So guys, toonces asked me to post this..earlier today i was discussing with him, about how many people rage about ports negs...and mods. I discussed a server with him, a no mod server that has NO PORT NEGS. I told him many people would probally come back to play a little, i told him it should have the random generated layouts, normal ports. This could be as close as we can get to old school sge.. if you guys post your thoughts it could happen../discuss server settings and such..
yours truly, -cow

I have been telling toonces to do this for over 2 years along with the rest of us that have had the same complaint since the mod patch, nothing new. I hope toonces bangs a real old style server but I won't hold my breath, this discussion has been beat to sh1t for the last few years with only a minor attempt at tweaking the game.

Also return the exp loss on player kills, it's not right that you kill a player with 300 million exp and all you get is 3 million for the kill. Good idea for invading as it keeps the high exp players active and not being port whores but like I said if we kill someone with good exp in a space fight it really is a kick in the face to get squat out of it.

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Toonces wrote:The rate that the UN barges supply missiles to ports is getting adjusted lower right now for all galaxies.

Does this mean if you shoot down a UN barge for military that the port won't get more missles delivered? If so I'd suggest everyone start making them go BOOM. Too bad we can't have some sort of perk for building near a PB. No one wants to build those colonies due to the proximity of nukes to invade them with. All you need to be evil is neg rep of -1000 which is a full load of jetted colonists. Should have a way for "good" yellow players to enter the pb to get nukes, it just costs a bit more. Evil players have more options to create mayhem. If good players can't get into the pb, why the heck are evil players allowed in the "good" bases at all? Yellow is descriminated against...lol

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Corp size 2-4.
10k domes.
Easier building = more invdaign = more fun= more active players= more tokens.

Just an Idea : If you insist on keeping the resources out of port, perhaps create resource transport ships that actually come from like the " resource centers of galaxy" where there are fully defended planets pumping out resources for them.

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:24 pm

Luna wrote:I see no point in building on Galaxy of Life. The overpowered corp size of 18 has lead to a Galactic bully system that allows massive invasion, which is doubled by a full load of contractors and top corp being napped with their contractors. This leaves all other corps to fend off one giant corp with no possibility of victory. You can't possibly take a corp with 30k-150k followers and fight a corp with 2.3 million followers that invades with 6+ people and contractors to barge/help. If you lose your colonies you have nothing to help you expand because you're back to getting resources from aliens, and the invaders are waiting in the wings for your completed colony. They pick up port negs and take 3 days worth of work in 10-20 minutes. You certainly can't play solo either.

Fuel regeneration is inadequate considering the labor involved in getting resources, and attempting to make cash. Pollution is so high half the colonies will have a disaster in the first month due to cash flow and inability to build and clean with limited cash. The only colonies being cleaned will be the ones owned by the Mega corp.

The future of Galaxy of Life I predict will be the shortest of any perm I've ever played. It has the game dynamics of a very old perm where one corp ends up with all the planets and everyone else leaves for better opportunities. This usually plays out over a period of a year or so, but this perm has managed it in about one month. Balance...balance....balance. This perm needs some balance before it becomes hopeless to fix.
My corp is basically the only ones doing anything, which is causing me to do little lol.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Toonces wrote:The rate that the UN barges supply missiles to ports is getting adjusted lower right now for all galaxies.

Simple solution - don't adjust them - delete them. :)

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't the priority to increase game play and enjoyment ?
If so, how difficult is it to understand what people feel is the " basic generics" of what makes this game tick for them ?
Handing a planet to somebody on a plate isn't enjoyment.
Allowing a guy with 4 flight modules and afterburners to outrun everybody - how is this enjoyment ? - i mean fine its enjoyment if you the one running, but isn't the aim to increase the desire to have combat on this game ?
A few days ago Old Starport touched down on Galaxy Of Life for approximately 20 minutes - then diminished as fast as it arrived.
This was because the 2 main corps ( LG, Duece, Raid, and others ) all turned up for a rumble against a few of us ( Crazychef, Danius, Me, Mr.Sge and a few others ) and ill be totally honest - it was the best fun iv'e had on Starport for long time ( thankyou guys ) :D
My point is the enjoyment on Starport isn't gone - it's just hidden and requires some adjustments in order to bring it back .. Exp loss for dying in combat / invading i agree is a shame because this also makes hunting High Players pointless ( again a step in the wrong direction ) .
feel free to agree / disagree but the following are my suggestions for a compatible Server.

1) No Port Negs whatsoever
2) 3 Mod maximum
3) Afterburners unavailable as a mod
4) maximum 6 per corp
5) Only one contractor available per corp
6) 5 day Un Protection
7) increased build speed time for bio 3 and weapon factory
8) Nuke and Turret Production increased 150%
9) Lower Pollution slightly across all planets ( except Rocky's )
10) 3 Artifact slots - but you can only use 2 at a time ( tick / un-tick option )
11) Bring back a suitable Exp loss for dying - the current Set-up is pitiful and low risk. RISK is what makes this game !
12) Alter Rep requirement for UN Commission ( ISC ) from 5k to 10k 5k rep gives you UN hotline and 10k rep allows you Interstellar Cruiser !
13) Alter Rep requirement for Pirate base entry from -1k to -5k - its far too easy to gain bad rep and gain nukes and Sethdar ( which in my opinion is one of the best Ships )

And would be great to name it " Flames Of The Phoenix "

( ok you can forget the last part )

hehe

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:56 pm

oh sento.. lol

Sento

Post by Sento » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:03 pm

Saber-Fury wrote:oh sento.. lol
vhat?

@D-tox: Good stuff. I like that stuff, the best stuff in the galaxy just got better :)

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:51 pm

I completely agree with D-tox's idea for settings. :D

On a different note. DarkCloud your corp isn't the only one doing something. Many corps have tried to build and play. Pest Patrol gathered forces, and contractors and invaded the crap out of anyone capable of ever being a remote threat over time. No one has had a chance to gain enough stability to maintain a fight against such a force this soon into the perm. If Galaxy of Life had been given time for corps to build, then it would have had some epic fights that wouldn't have resulted in eliminating all competition. Your corp is responsible for no one WANTING to do anything further. At some point it becomes pointless to fight back when the odds are so far stacked against the rest of the remaining corps that they have nothing left to fight for. There's a huge difference between a fight and a slaughter.

2.1 million followers vs 250k followers = slaughter (Example)

250k followers vs 350k followers= reasonable odds

WeGotDeathStar

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:25 am

Lol........keep building cols for us guys, when we show up whatever little issues you have atm will be replaced with boo hooo those guys are haxorz.....:) :) :)

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:07 pm

WeGotDeathStar wrote:Lol........keep building cols for us guys, when we show up whatever little issues you have atm will be replaced with boo hooo those guys are haxorz.....:) :) :)

Why would you Hacking bother anyone playing Starport - let alone create an issue ?
Whatever floats your Boat i guess .................
Openly admitting it usually works though. :D

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Sento wrote:
vhat?

@D-tox: Good stuff. I like that stuff, the best stuff in the galaxy just got better :)
well you seem nice, just that the stuff you posted isn't really the problem :?

you're a new/off and on player so that's alright, it's just that people invade others when they're offline all the time, it's not really a big deal it's been happening for years. And a fully defended colony with a solar cannon and even lasers around it, has NEVER been a guarantee your col can't be capped by an experienced invader in 10 minutes, whether in this 'era' or 5 years ago. I remember when I first started i put lasers around my col and thought it'd never be taken, next day they were gone lol

if you're col is not at least a 7/90, it has a very good chance of being capped within 15 minutes or less. The 'surgical strikes' you describe sound to me like you have a very low solar/mili strength, so they can just torp out a line to the dome.

Layout and dome placement are dually important. All colonies are not made equal, far from it! I'd suggest looking at some colony defense threads, like inevamis's sticky (launchpad i think).

so pretty much just having a 'fully defended' col doesn't mean much in of it self: does it have a strong (7/90+) solar? what kind of layout is it? where is the dome? Are the defenses arranged well, or could they be placed better strategically?

so i guess what im trying to say is that the things you're mentioning are more like a 'new player haze'' I'll call it, and not the main problems of imbalance :wink:

hope some of my advice for colony defense helps

River:

Post by River: » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Geez I'd better log in soon and see if there's been a hostile takeover of my cops lol

WeGotDeathStar

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Saber-Fury wrote:
Sento wrote:
vhat?

well you seem nice, just that the stuff you posted isn't really the problem :?

you're a new/off and on player so that's alright, it's just that people invade others when they're offline all the time, it's not really a big deal it's been happening for years. And a fully defended colony with a solar cannon and even lasers around it, has NEVER been a guarantee your col can't be capped by an experienced invader in 10 minutes, whether in this 'era' or 5 years ago. I remember when I first started i put lasers around my col and thought it'd never be taken, next day they were gone lol

if you're col is not at least a 7/90, it has a very good chance of being capped within 15 minutes or less. The 'surgical strikes' you describe sound to me like you have a very low solar/mili strength, so they can just torp out a line to the dome.

Layout and dome placement are dually important. All colonies are not made equal, far from it! I'd suggest looking at some colony defense threads, like inevamis's sticky (launchpad i think).

so pretty much just having a 'fully defended' col doesn't mean much in of it self: does it have a strong (7/90+) solar? what kind of layout is it? where is the dome? Are the defenses arranged well, or could they be placed better strategically?

so i guess what im trying to say is that the things you're mentioning are more like a 'new player haze'' I'll call it, and not the main problems of imbalance :wink:

hope some of my advice for colony defense helps

Well said PJ, I too in the beginning thought that I had built colonies that could not be taken only to log in an see them gone. To get better at this game one must become fluent in all aspects of it. Invading, building and fighting if learned correctly can make a strong player. Now put a group of players together that all understand how to build/ or take a empire thru invasion then you will dominate this game.

The biggest mistake for a new player to make is that they can do this all by themselves, teamwork is a very important aspect to this game. If you make trouble for yourself in a galaxy expect to be wiped in a short period of time, make friends, form allies and do things slow and steady....nobody likes new players that token buy empires. There is a method to the madness in Starport, you just need to figure out which path to take and what kind of satisfaction you want from this game.

Some of the biggest flaws we have seen thru the years is disorganized corps, the kind that have a ton of followers each then they start getting mass invaded, usually by us and they crumble within a week. Disloyalty and self preservation kick in and they start quitting the corp to try to get naps. Once the corp dynamic is gone then we easily gain a huge amount of followers quickly, get bored then slow down only to do it again on another server. Some corps build great together while other choose to invade, only difference is how you want to play this game. Staying organized thru a team assault is key to survival. Truth be told some of the best corpies we have were ones we had invaded before. They then went to the dark side and started invading with us :). Mass invasion is really fun, you should try it sometimes.

And tox, nobody cheats in our corp....it just looks that way because we all have one objective and that is domination of whoever we want to invade. Ego's are checked at the door and invade mode kicks in. nobody cares who owns the colonies invaded...just how many overall. This is how a corp is supposed to function thus we get all the time "bla bla bla you guys are haxors" routine. Read Gens recent post to see the latest example of this.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm most certainly not going to get into a full on dispute over whether you Hack or not .. once again this bothers me about as much as deciding what to have for Breakfast.
WeGotDeathSTar - you need to realise not everybody has the same perception of the best way to enjoy the game - some prefer solo - some prefer teamed.
Some of the biggest flaws we have seen thru the years is disorganized corps, the kind that have a ton of followers each then they start getting mass invaded, usually by us and they crumble within a week. Disloyalty and self preservation kick in and they start quitting the corp to try to get naps.
I must admit - i admire your tenacity and confidence, is great to see - but an incorrect assumption.
99.9% of corps on Starport - ranging from Broken Monkey right through to Corps from today ( even Pest Patrol ) on Galaxy Of Life .. i promise you one thing - they will become bored of holding onto an Empire and find better things to do - that's how Starport works... So you can say how good you are, how " united and focused" you are - fact is you WILL become bored and get wiped. simple as that.
Empires are there to be taken, Empires are there to be built and Empires are there to be lost ...you are no different than any previous corp that ever blessed this game.sorry too disappoint you .

Buddy there ARE no organized corps left on Starport.. perhaps you have one now - that's great, but as far as being challenged is concerned - you will probably have free reign on Starport because theres little left for anyone to fight for - so ill be blunt to you ..
lap up the " Thought" of being invincible and unbeatable - for i can promise you this- Starport has a funny way of knocking down those that proclaim themselves to be " The best "

You know i never "accuse" people of hacking unless i have good reason to believe that this is the case... - the person in question had 3 flight mods and afterburners - yet was reaching 875 ? compared to Daniuse's exact same ship / stats and he had 5 flights and afterburners - yet was only reaching 850 ? please explain ?
The person in question was completely obliterating any nukes that were fired at him - and also leaving a very long " trail " behind him on screen - please explain ?
Mr.Sge was out of System checking this Player while we were trying to nuke him - then the player decides to /announce for toonces to come to server too check - yet changes mods etc as fast as he could and kept saying fo everyone to get toonces .. kinda suspicious in my opinion - if you ain't hacking then why get so stressed ?
Danius could not keep up with the player in question and regardless of your opinion - my opinion is he was hacking - pure and simple.

Anyhow good luck on the Server domination - i've had my time on SGE and now chillin' and having some well deserved fun - might pop back on to give LG another friendly battle ... :D

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:16 am

D-Tox1 wrote:

Simple solution - don't adjust them - delete them. :)

Correct me if im wrong, but isn't the priority to increase game play and enjoyment ?
If so, how difficult is it to understand what people feel is the " basic generics" of what makes this game tick for them ?
Handing a planet to somebody on a plate isn't enjoyment.
Allowing a guy with 4 flight modules and afterburners to outrun everybody - how is this enjoyment ? - i mean fine its enjoyment if you the one running, but isn't the aim to increase the desire to have combat on this game ?
A few days ago Old Starport touched down on Galaxy Of Life for approximately 20 minutes - then diminished as fast as it arrived.
This was because the 2 main corps ( LG, Duece, Raid, and others ) all turned up for a rumble against a few of us ( Crazychef, Danius, Me, Mr.Sge and a few others ) and ill be totally honest - it was the best fun iv'e had on Starport for long time ( thankyou guys ) :D
My point is the enjoyment on Starport isn't gone - it's just hidden and requires some adjustments in order to bring it back .. Exp loss for dying in combat / invading i agree is a shame because this also makes hunting High Players pointless ( again a step in the wrong direction ) .
feel free to agree / disagree but the following are my suggestions for a compatible Server.

1) No Port Negs whatsoever
2) 3 Mod maximum
3) Afterburners unavailable as a mod
4) maximum 6 per corp
5) Only one contractor available per corp
6) 5 day Un Protection
7) increased build speed time for bio 3 and weapon factory
8) Nuke and Turret Production increased 150%
9) Lower Pollution slightly across all planets ( except Rocky's )
10) 3 Artifact slots - but you can only use 2 at a time ( tick / un-tick option )
11) Bring back a suitable Exp loss for dying - the current Set-up is pitiful and low risk. RISK is what makes this game !
12) Alter Rep requirement for UN Commission ( ISC ) from 5k to 10k 5k rep gives you UN hotline and 10k rep allows you Interstellar Cruiser !
13) Alter Rep requirement for Pirate base entry from -1k to -5k - its far too easy to gain bad rep and gain nukes and Sethdar ( which in my opinion is one of the best Ships )

And would be great to name it " Flames Of The Phoenix "

( ok you can forget the last part )

hehe

WeGotDeathStar

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:16 pm

Lol tox, been removing the dominant corps from servers for almost 5 years, are you telling me that it's always a coincidence that after a week or two of us mass invading they were on their way to new servers? We even had a guy fake suicide to keep us from invading :) Port negs are not that op anyway, they are good for maybe 2 planets invaded and no more.

Anyways play the game how you like but it seems the older guys never learn, building colonies with domes at warp are not great prizes, they get invaded fast. the only way to slow a organized group down is nuke eaters or some very well placed double domes. Don't build nukes on every single col, resist the urge to "Build" every single thing on a colony just for the sake of it and think about tactics. Thats where guys like us come in, we been doing this for years and tbh it has gotten a bit harder because the player base has gotten smaller. Used to be good having the new players with volcs filled with 500 nukes to take over the other powerful corps in the systems. Thats where you guys failed, you did not properly teach new players on what to do and not do...instead inflated ego's prevailed and it was about how many followers you all had. People go to servers to have huge empires that they think can never be taken away, we go there and remove them so in a way we do toonces a favor by having him make new servers for the old timers to go to in hopes of avoiding us.

EXP never meant anything so whats the game really about? I say war and domination....is it named Galactic Empires for a good reason isn't it? I would think that everything I have written would inflame the community to the point that they would come together and remove us for once, we have never been beaten or wiped in 5 years. This is why i say that organization is the number one thing lacking in this game. all you gotta do to beat us is come together and function as a unit then guys like us either leave or rise up...take out even more people and laugh about it on vent or teamspeak like we have done for years.

If anyone really wants to go to a server and have a huge virtual empire then i suggest one of the fog of war servers....I am not going to waste my time to map out a server for a week just to invade. The tools have been here for years with this game for hours of enjoyment, it's nobodies fault that they can not be utilized by "Vet Players" for a fun gaming experience. Invading is more fun to me on a non-mod server then a mod server anyday of the week that's why I always support a true old school server. Sorry but invading and building on a mod server is a joke....be happy we enjoy skill over quantity of colonies.

Flame Away!!!!! :) :)

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Your'e misunderstanding the point.

A guy begins to play Starport , he makes friends and joins a corp that has 5 million followers in total.. the Players that accumulated the 5 million followers cant be bothered to continually protect their Empire for one reason .. because they don't want too...They've spent time creating the Empire - If its easy enough to do then sure they'll probably try, but if it means spending 4 hrs every evening retaking colonies etc then ima tell you now - they WONT do it.
You wanna know why ?
because they've achieved what they wanted ( the Empire status ) and held onto it for a certain period of time.. do you really think they're going to put up resistance against a corp of guys prepared to play 8-12 hrs a day that " mass Invade " ?
Regardless of what you think man, you can place Players like myself, Crazychef and 6 or 8 others into the firing line and proclaim that we are " un-Organized and easy to play against ( which is fine by me ) ... but the fact is this : We played 12 hrs a day once, and i speak for myself when i tell you i wont be doing it anymore - iv'e gone beyond that phase.
Anyways play the game how you like but it seems the older guys never learn, building colonies with domes at warp are not great prizes, they get invaded fast.
i don't understand this comment one bit.
See this whole topic you've entered into seems to point towards making yourself look amazing and everyone else stupid ? :roll:
I would think that everything I have written would inflame the community to the point that they would come together and remove us for once, we have never been beaten or wiped in 5 years. This is why i say that organization is the number one thing lacking in this game. all you gotta do to beat us is come together and function as a unit then guys like us either leave or rise up...take out even more people and laugh about it on vent or teamspeak like we have done for years.
Ok reality check, you ever thought the reason you guys have never been wiped ( if this is true ) - may be because you target weaker Teams ?
On that basis i would also like to point out the majority of " Teams " on SGE now usually consist of about 4 or 5 people ( is this correct ? ) add that to the fact i would imagine 30 % are long serving Players that don't play more than about 2 hrs a night for one reason or another and another 30 % probably new Players that don't even know about Spice Fuelling.
That leaves 40% which are Players between the age of say 15 and 30 ? i don't know how many you have in your " Team" but im pretty confident if you had the likes of JohnnyC - Pezzer - Avithol - KBMan and some of the Patch guys on doing the same hours as you and your " Team " do - then i'm sure things would be different.

I don't know ( or care ) how many you have in your little Love Nest of a Corp, but smell the Coffee . . . There ISNT any worthy resistance left on Starport anyhow -- Hardly something to boast about !! :lol:
The tools have been here for years with this game for hours of enjoyment, it's nobodies fault that they can not be utilized by "Vet Players" for a fun gaming experience.
LMAO .. dude please are you high ?

You don't get that everybody on Starport have their own " perception " of the ultimate Gaming Experience - some get a Boner from Invading, some from Fighting and some from Building.. Just because you invade an Empire from someone doesn't mean you've won..This isn't real .. - you'll just end up like everyone else does and sit there in 3 years time saying " damn why did this BBQ mean so much back then !".
:D