Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

omlow

new perm?

Post by omlow » Thu May 03, 2012 2:45 am

will the new perm be mod or no mod? what will col settings be? :S

Mr Cow

Re: new perm?

Post by Mr Cow » Thu May 03, 2012 1:34 pm

If it's no mods I will surly play it , but I really hope it has way better settings than the last perm

Metatron

Post by Metatron » Fri May 04, 2012 3:19 pm

wow is anyone going to play this? he just made one 3 months ago that barely anyone plays!

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri May 04, 2012 9:07 pm

i think we should make 5 new perms. because that would be awesome.

Caia

Post by Caia » Fri May 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Metatron wrote:wow is anyone going to play this? he just made one 3 months ago that barely anyone plays!
Depends. If there is something new (like randomly generated planet layouts) then yes, I suspect a lot of people would go over. If not, then probably not. The player base isn't terribly keen on the idea of having more permas with the players already so spread out over various servers.

Heck, I might even download and play for a little while if the layouts for planets are randomly generated. That'd be the best news since... Lasers being introduced?

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Fri May 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Toonces should create a survey that takes a statistic of what everyone wants, that way, the server wont die right off the bat.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Sat May 05, 2012 2:53 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:Toonces should create a survey that takes a statistic of what everyone wants, that way, the server wont die right off the bat.
he should also roll back the game 4 years

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Sat May 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Toonces your a phucking fail. Everyone was exited for this new perma, and not only is it MODS , it's the same damn thing as the raiding server!. Nobody wanted this BBQ stop listening to new gens and listen to the people who have watched yor game go down in flames. Your a fail.

omlow

Post by omlow » Sat May 05, 2012 10:22 pm

Mr Cow wrote:new gens
nu gens*

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 am

can I say " token motives?

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:53 pm

/salute Crazychef :)

Toonces needs to participate ( on a regular basis ) within the realms of his game to understand the working ethics of it - then he might realise why its so poor now.

Agree he needs to accommodate the new Players wishes ( be them Token buyers or not ) - these Players don't even understand what made the is game so great - that's why Aaron is making such a very bad mistake by listening to them - whether they spend vast amounts on tokens or not ../wave goodbye to the remainder of Starport.

The choices are running thin ( and quickly ), nobody can dispute the percentage of the remaining Players on here still voice an opinion - yet he doesn't listen - which to be honest feels like a real " slap in the face " considering these are the guys that have played for a long time .
Just shows how much we/you all mean to him. :?
Most MMO games have a " direction" and clear path ( and they also listen to their regular customers / Players ) - that's why their playerbase usually either stays at a regular level - or increases.
Most MMO games have patches that explain the reason behind their addition - what benefits etc will be gained.
What better way to improve your MMO game ?

Iv'e heard this " new perma " has the inclusion of Port negs AND Mods ? - Woah sounds like a new Perma to me ! - oh wait .. it has 3k pop UN cols with some Solars firing.. sounds real original.

Ya know - you can make the prettiest Cake in the world .... but if it tastes crap no-one will eat it.
Would like someone to explain why this Perma is any different from any of the recent ones brought in ? - it'll just be the same in 2 weeks time - when all the UN cols have been taken and some guy/s pop on for an hour and invade countless systems. ( using Port negs / mods )
Sure there's like 30ish Players online at the moment - give it a month - it'll be dead like the rest. - why ? because it's boring.
One day he will realise there was huge numbers of Players on here because of one simple thing .. it WAS a challenge invading colonies and having the nuke/neg supply brought over in order to invade.
It created Team Spirit, accomplishment and the ability to use more than one Brain Cell. :lol:

inevamis

Post by inevamis » Sun May 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Let's be honest here to ourselves. We try to rationalize in our minds Toonces crazy decisions and complete disregard to any of our opinions be telling ourselves "oh he must be doing it for tokens," or because "new players told him to." Really?

I don't see any new players telling him anything. We spam him daily and he doesn't even acknowledge us, you think there's some secret order of nubs somewhere telling him what to do? The things he does are always out of left field- stuff that no one suggested. As for tokens, the player base is so small there is no way he makes anything substantial from this game. You really think he's doing all this to make a couple extra bucks in the short term?

The truth is for whatever reason Toonces thinks we are all dumb. We're so dumb we are not even worth telling why he does certain things or why he won't do other things. Toonces is the Kim Jong-il of game devs :/ I think he feels like if he listens to us at all he shows weakness or stoops to our "lower" level. In actuality, it takes more to be a good leader and to listen to people's opinions. This game is like a company and Toonces is the CEO. A good CEO listens to his co-workers and customers. If Toonces thinks the way he is leading is good... well just take a look at where this game has gone in the last 5 years... nowhere but backwards.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:17 pm

/salute Inevamis

Toonces - in case you didn't realise - you have an Arsenal of Weapons there at your disposal that could in effect bring Starport back to life... its called your Community.
I don't speak for them - but their aim is exactly as yours should be .. breathing new life into the game . :?
You of all people know the long serving Players on SGE would gladly band together and try to give valuable input into tweaks and changes which wouldn't necessarily benefit their game play - but would benefit you far more in the long run.
Starport was a success because of the difficulty invading and wiping an Empire from somebody - it couldn't be done overnight - it took Time, Teamwork and effort - exactly the opposite of how you're making it. :(
VERY FEW PLAYERS LIKE PORT NEGS AND MODS The majority hate them !

You say you cant make the game as it was 4-5 yrs ago - losing those 2 would make a difference for a start !

Then maybe taking in a little feedback from guys like Mel'Kaven and some of the other long serving Players you have left .

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Mon May 07, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm gonna say it the way it is, and I know I'm right here.

Just let Toonces do what he wants, there's no point to opposing ideas anymore. Move on and play something else.

Can't even get a thread over 2 pages anymore, let alone influence changes to the game. And even when threads spanned double numbers, that didn't do anything. Structured arguments and so forth, was all balls. A fake classics server, a lazy system called mods and lack of courage to push the game into something new (Just to cater old players bitching), is all we received. That is just about the only thing I can blame the game's developers for.

I am sure there will be new players, the apocalypse has been preached since the day i started. Thats 6 years now.

If you got a fetish to grind games for long periods of time, while spending cash on item malls. Check out navyfield.com